Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron >

Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron

Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron

Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by robot
Wally you wouldn't be able to afford the fuel bill
he could if didn`t keep buying all that Popcorn he keeps eating

Old 02-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

i wouldn't drive the thing 250 mph LOL
Old 02-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

i've read somewhere on AOL about almost a year ago in New York they have a place where you can customize a 69 camaro and juice it up to 1000+ HP like what they do on Tuners. Like ultracharge it. And with that type of power it's esteemated the camaro can reach 255 MPH in just 55 seconds or lower (I'm not Lying! i read this online!) It other words. It would be the Muscle Car from the 10th level of H***.

I would love to see a match up between the Bugati and the demonicaly custimized camaro at Daytona. 250+ MPH race between two out of this world cars. The world would be shaking when these two car Banshee down the straitway. Hopfuly they don't get in a wreck where both these cars smash to dust mulching up the drivers.
Old 02-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
i've read somewhere on AOL about almost a year ago in New York they have a place where you can customize a 69 camaro and juice it up to 1000+ HP like what they do on Tuners. Like ultracharge it. And with that type of power it's esteemated the camaro can reach 255 MPH in just 55 seconds or lower (I'm not Lying! i read this online!) It other words. It would be the Muscle Car from the 10th level of H***.

I would love to see a match up between the Bugati and the demonicaly custimized camaro at Daytona. 250+ MPH race between two out of this world cars. The world would be shaking when these two car Banshee down the straitway. Hopfuly they don't get in a wreck where both these cars smash to dust mulching up the drivers.
The Bugatti will kill that car!!!!! The car is designed to run 250+ consistantly, right down to its suspension!!! The Camaro isn't even aerodynamically suited to reach 170 without getting either airborne or unstable. Keep in mind the current NASCARS and F1 cars can't even maintain 250 mph without getting antsy......
Old 02-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GundamWZero
The Bugatti will kill that car!!!!! The car is designed to run 250+ consistantly, right down to its suspension!!! The Camaro isn't even aerodynamically suited to reach 170 without getting either airborne or unstable. Keep in mind the current NASCARS and F1 cars can't even maintain 250 mph without getting antsy......
There is another supercar that is made in america called the Aero SSC
this car car reach a top speed of 270 MPH 18 MPH faster than the bugatii.

http://www.forbes.com/2005/11/23/cx_...hisSpeed=35000

this thing is insane!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

here's the website for the car

http://www.sscautos.com/specifications.asp
Old 02-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When you put things down as saying it is the fastest, make sure you have the facts right first, The Areo SSC is a gestermation on wind tunnel testing and hasn't actually done that speed on a track,
We accepted top-speed estimates in forming this list, and SSC says the Ultimate Aero's top-speed figure comes from Langley wind-tunnel calculations.
Where as the Bugatti Veyron is tried and tested and does reach the speed of 407.8kph
Old 02-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

When you put things down as saying it is the fastest, make sure you have the facts right first, The Areo SSC is a gestermation on wind tunnel testing and hasn't actually done that speed on a track,

Where as the Bugatti Veyron is tried and tested and does reach the speed of 407.8kph
It will be competiting at the world top speed record competition in wolfsberg germany in may 2007. As being an american I'm supporting the SSC.

Besides I think it's pretty cool compared to the Bugatti. I Still think the Bugatti's cool. But i want the SSC to bring home the title for the USA for being the fastest street legal car in the world. I've been wanting that ever since i was 11

I'm thinking about making a thread for this type of event. since this is a racing website
Old 02-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

AS for the 250MPH Mark. There was a a car back in October 1989 that reached 254MPH long before the bugatti did. The Callaway Slegghammer Corvette

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/...lFeldman.shtml

Just look near the bottom of the page and you will see the test results. Just found it awhile back
Old 02-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Suspended

Some interesting facts that your failed to mention
It's been frequently said in automotive circles, that "racing improves" the breed." That's certainly true of high performance cars. And few production cars offer more performance than Chevrolet's Corvette. This next Corvette, however, is not a pure bred Chevrolet. But racing has definitely improved it.
remember this is not a mass-market sports car. It is a delightful romp through automotive nirvana, and a prime example of how racing improves the breed.
as my understanding, this is an aftermaket car with all the hop ups to get it to where it is, not a factory production car
Old 02-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Some interesting facts that your failed to mention

as my understanding, this is an aftermaket car with all the hop ups to get it to where it is, not a factory production car

Well it may have.

But come this May 2007 at the International Top Speed Challenge. We will see which car will become the fastest car in the world.

the bugatti may be the fastest right now but in may this year. It could be a diffrent story.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Suspended

Don't forget wind tunnel testing is completly different to running on a track with all it's variables. But should be an interesting event.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Don't forget wind tunnel testing is completly different to running on a track with all it's variables. But should be an interesting event.

so the gauntlet been laid down by Leester ??

street legal car ,with MOT & road tax & 4 seats .aircon, stereo
i think your USA car is not quite there yet

WINDTUNNEL
Bugatti asked Mclaren for use of it`s tunnel
Mclaren said ` our cars don`t go that fast` so it be no use to Bugatti

Top Gear also had this & the newer version on there track & TG asked Koeonigsegg to put a spoiler on the car coz it will go faster & they did
but not as fast as the great `Veyron`

"The Koenigsegg CCR raised McLaren's previously unofficial mark of 372 km/h set at Nardo/Prototipo in 1993 with over 15 km/h. On top of this the CCR broke the official McLaren F1 record of 386.7 km/h, which was set on the 9 km straight line VW Ehra facility in Wolfsburg Germany."
Old 02-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leester
Well it may have.

But come this May 2007 at the International Top Speed Challenge. We will see which car will become the fastest car in the world.

the bugatti may be the fastest right now but in may this year. It could be a diffrent story.
dont count on it
1 the tires only last how long and the gas how long theres no point to make a car this fast and i dont think that other car comp's are into this.
they just want to make a car with the best technology yes to go fast but stay around 200 mph and have the best handling.oh and the looks to inside and out.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default 3rd TG Show

bit boring last night

converted a reliant 3 wheeler car into a space shuttle (which really took off, fuel tanks jetisoned & they tryied to fly back to ground

but they have found another street legal car ,that is claimed to faster then the Veylon

milenberg or something ,1170hp quartx turbo`s TOP Speed 275MPH

Brabus merc SLK V12
what a animal over 700hp 219mph
when they tested it round there track with Stig ,you can see the car shuddering with the CPU`s traction control all struggling to keep the car on the straight & narrow

that`s about it really

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service