Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves. >

Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves.

Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves.

Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves.

The Big Three is in major trouble. All I want is for Nissan to join in on the action.......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16951193/site/newsweek/

..........geez, it's been a while since I posted anything here.......
Old 02-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Never been much for nascar.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

“They will use their money and their technology to make the rest of us play catch-up,” racing team owner Jack Roush griped recently, adding for good measure: “Americans shouldn’t buy Japanese cars.”

Yeah? Well, then maybe they should face it that their cars are outdated, obese and slow. That's a hard pill to swallow, huh? What a fool.

Play catch-up? Yes, he is absolutely right. The "American" automotive industry is a joke at best. We ARE behind, and sales are showing that.

What's up Gundam? Haven't argued with you for a while!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
Never been much for nascar.

+1
Old 02-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero
The Big Three is in major trouble. All I want is for Nissan to join in on the action.......

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16951193/site/newsweek/

..........geez, it's been a while since I posted anything here.......
nissan,honda or BMW
Old 02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whats up, PhatKitty!!!!!

You know those "stuck in the past" NASCAR Officials will try everything in the book to crush this. NASCAR don't even hardly have Women or Black drivers, onwers, or crewmembers within the Busch (or is it NEXTEL now) series, of course they will complain about Foreign automakers trying to get in on the action. The problem is that Toyota has already got at least half of their body in the door of American Motorsports. And personally I don't blame Toyota, but I do wish that Nissan will get involved. The American automotive industry are getting their ass handed to them by the Automotive industry worldwide. And what do we bring to the table? A Vette, a Mustang, and a Viper! You would have to highly modify a Mustang to even bring it to the table! And then, only the well to do can own these vehicles. Now us owners of "Urban Exotics" are being ridiculed by the Big Three "crown jewels". Now that we scorched them on the streets, now its time to take them to the tracks.......and they are scared.

Serves them right.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Suspended

Whats up, PhatKitty!!!!!

You know those "stuck in the past" NASCAR Officials will try everything in the book to crush this. NASCAR don't even hardly have Women or Black drivers, onwers, or crewmembers within the Busch (or is it NEXTEL now) series, of course they will complain about Foreign automakers trying to get in on the action. The problem is that Toyota has already got at least half of their body in the door of American Motorsports. And personally I don't blame Toyota, but I do wish that Nissan will get involved. The American automotive industry are getting their ass handed to them by the Automotive industry worldwide. And what do we bring to the table? A Vette, a Mustang, and a Viper! You would have to highly modify a Mustang to even bring it to the table! And then, only the well to do can own these vehicles. Now us owners of "Urban Exotics" are being ridiculed by the Big Three "crown jewels". Now that we scorched them on the streets, now its time to take them to the tracks.......and they are scared.

Serves them right.

Spot on. Advancement is the only way, baby. Oh god, I hope more manufacturers get involved. If for no other reason than to piss off the bumkin fans. <insert buck-toothed hillbilly cackling here>

Old 02-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Legend

Whats up, PhatKitty!!!!!

Serves them right.
or they just dont want to get beat by imports!!im sure that they have trailer parks all over the world so that should be one nascar requirement "If the country where the car is manufacture has a trailer park then they can enter the series"
Old 02-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
"If the country where the car is manufacture has a trailer park then they can enter the series"

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Phatkat
BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What I'm curious about is why you guys are so happy that the "Big" 2 are in trouble (Chevy, Ford) Nascar aside the trouble with "this picture" is you now have foreign companies in control of a large part of our economy, yes they would be in control of a large portion. I guess their is no more pride in your country, if you live in the USA no matter what nationality you are your still an american be proud in your heritage...big, loud, gas guzzling V8's... ..I do think that the US can build a competitive car, I don't think that the upper management has been very good for GM or Ford for at least 35 years, the problem is they keep hiring out of the same "pool". Do not kid yourselves GM and Ford can make good cars, Some of the Cadillacs are good, some of the Mustangs and the Ford GT's are good. But the problem is the cars I want (type) at a price I can afford the american companies don't have a car that compete at the price point I'm looking at. Back to Nascar..The Toyota team does not really have the drivers...yet..to be a force for the whole season. If you look at F1 Toyota has yet to get the big $$$ to pay off in wins, It just takes time. I'm quite sure that Toyota will have success in Nascar.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Oasis
I'm quite sure that Toyota will have success in Nascar.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love the way the first people to post in a NASCAR thread are NASCAR haters. Go post in the F1 thread and choke on your croissant.

Personally I think it's a great thing for Toyota to be in NASCAR. Stir the pot a little bit, and wake up Ford, Chevy, and Mercedes (I mean Dodge) to build cars that Americans actually want! I'm a Chevy man, but WTF? First they come out the the HHR, a copy of what Chrysler did, now they want to reinvent the '69 Camaro. Hello, how about an original idea fellas???
Old 02-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Oasis
What I'm curious about is why you guys are so happy that the "Big" 2 are in trouble (Chevy, Ford) Nascar aside the trouble with "this picture" is you now have foreign companies in control of a large part of our economy, yes they would be in control of a large portion. I guess their is no more pride in your country, if you live in the USA no matter what nationality you are your still an american be proud in your heritage...big, loud, gas guzzling V8's... ..I do think that the US can build a competitive car, I don't think that the upper management has been very good for GM or Ford for at least 35 years, the problem is they keep hiring out of the same "pool". Do not kid yourselves GM and Ford can make good cars, Some of the Cadillacs are good, some of the Mustangs and the Ford GT's are good. But the problem is the cars I want (type) at a price I can afford the american companies don't have a car that compete at the price point I'm looking at. Back to Nascar..The Toyota team does not really have the drivers...yet..to be a force for the whole season. If you look at F1 Toyota has yet to get the big $$$ to pay off in wins, It just takes time. I'm quite sure that Toyota will have success in Nascar.

Nah, I'm not happy in the slightest that they're failing. It's actually embarassing, to be honest. The whole world is watching, as we screw ourselves. Things like this I find, well, humorously ironic.

Oasis, are you XXXKat?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jiml
I love the way the first people to post in a NASCAR thread are NASCAR haters. Go post in the F1 thread and choke on your croissant.

Wow, there's that tolerant NASCAR attitude we all know and love.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service