Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wow, I am speechless.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 205 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat
Wow, I am speechless.

well Im done i dont want to get any body upset!! I really dont want to go and bust someones tailights out of their house
Old 02-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Suspended

Old 02-04-2007, 12:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

now im done
Old 02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Ok everyones wants to point out the computers in the cars. Try and find one in the car on race day. The closest thing to a comp on race day in a car is the ignition. And I made the pushrod comment because pushrod engines are what is being used in nascar right now. Yes there have been OHC engines used also. I just hate F1 and cars like that because it is nothing but a little chip controling that car With Nascar and the carbs on the engines it brings the tuner back into it. Anyone can tune with a fuel injection system but to be able to jet a carb right and make it work for weather that is such a variable is an art.

Last edited by redneckracer197; 02-04-2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Suspended

Why do all that work, when you can have a computer do it for you? Then, you can spend your time better doing other things. Why oppose technology? Why don't you just say we should have external oiling engines and non-pneumatic tires? Your argument is nil.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Why do all that work, when you can have a computer do it for you? Then, you can spend your time better doing other things. Why oppose technology? Why don't you just say we should have external oiling engines and non-pneumatic tires? Your argument is nil.
thats what happend when you inbreed
Old 02-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Oasis, are you XXXKat?
..Changed it to "please" the wife and now she's moving out.. ..Life comes at you fast..
Old 02-04-2007, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Why oppose technology?
To keep the cost down.

A long time ago when it was evident that computers would inevitably make their way into cars, NASCAR decided to ban that technology in the interest of keeping the car in the driver's hands. Add to that the limit on engine technology and you keep alot more people in the game.

Formula One is the opposite end of the spectrum, allowing just about any new technology that comes along. While the present day F1 car is considered about 10 years advanced of the most modern fighter jet, that comes at a price. Every year there are fewer teams competing because they can't afford it.

I once read that what it costs Ferrari to go to one race (both cars) they could field the entire Daytona 500!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Yes it is too keep cost down as best as they can. But as with any top notch motorsport the cost is relevant. The faster you are the more you spend.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Let me tell you how isolated American Motorsports is when compared to the rest of the world: There is this series (I forgot the name of the series) where every country who can afford and enter an F1-type car can race. And they hold a race in every country that sponsors a car. The bad thing is that the US is ranked either 9th or 10th in the world standings. The reason why they aren't in the top 5 is because there isn't any interest in this particular type of motorsport anymore. Any monkey can turn left if trained...... I remember when the US was into every facet of motorsports, from Le Mans to the Pikes Peak challenge; even there was a satellite channel dedicated to motorsports......Speedvision. Now I can rarely catch a racing event, I run into a Barret Jackson event almost everyday. Now wait till Happy Hour at Daytona.......the Speed Channel is going to have every event covered.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redneckracer197
Ok everyones wants to point out the computers in the cars. Try and find one in the car on race day. The closest thing to a comp on race day in a car is the ignition. And I made the pushrod comment because pushrod engines are what is being used in nascar right now. Yes there have been OHC engines used also. I just hate F1 and cars like that because it is nothing but a little chip controling that car With Nascar and the carbs on the engines it brings the tuner back into it. Anyone can tune with a fuel injection system but to be able to jet a carb right and make it work for weather that is such a variable is an art.
Exactly. You cannot find a computer in the car on race day. The car is completely controlled by the driver, as the only circut boards that are allowed in the car are SET to control the ignition.

Every time I actually watch F1 or Indy, I keep hearing that "so and so driver turned down the throttle electronically to help save fuel" - sorry. Nascar the driver's right foot is what controls fuel consumption.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Keep cost down? Are you mental? They spend plenty of money, cost is no issue. Also, why do you keep comparing to F1? NASCAR will never be F1. That would be illogical. Also, F1 teams are unafraid to race foreign cars.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:52 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Keep cost down? Are you mental? They spend plenty of money, cost is no issue. Also, why do you keep comparing to F1? NASCAR will never be F1. That would be illogical. Also, F1 teams are unafraid to race foreign cars.
The computers in the car truly isn't so much to keep costs down on the NASCAR level. The lack of computers in the car is to keep the control of the car within the driver's hands.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by TSR6
Every time I actually watch F1 or Indy, I keep hearing that "so and so driver turned down the throttle electronically to help save fuel" - sorry. Nascar the driver's right foot is what controls fuel consumption.

Do the F1 drivers control their electronics? I bet they do. Does it take a large amount of knowledge to run one of those cars? You bet. Can any jackass race a pig iron NASCAR heap? Definitely.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service