Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves. >

Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves.

Nascar 2007.....prepare yourselves.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
What I'm curious about is why you guys are so happy that the "Big" 2 are in trouble (Chevy, Ford) Nascar aside the trouble with "this picture" is you now have foreign companies in control of a large part of our economy, yes they would be in control of a large portion. I guess their is no more pride in your country, if you live in the USA no matter what nationality you are your still an american be proud in your heritage...big, loud, gas guzzling V8's... ..I do think that the US can build a competitive car, I don't think that the upper management has been very good for GM or Ford for at least 35 years, the problem is they keep hiring out of the same "pool". Do not kid yourselves GM and Ford can make good cars, Some of the Cadillacs are good, some of the Mustangs and the Ford GT's are good. But the problem is the cars I want (type) at a price I can afford the american companies don't have a car that compete at the price point I'm looking at. Back to Nascar..The Toyota team does not really have the drivers...yet..to be a force for the whole season. If you look at F1 Toyota has yet to get the big $$$ to pay off in wins, It just takes time. I'm quite sure that Toyota will have success in Nascar.
The thing is, I don't hate NASCAR or the Big Three..... I am just tweaked that Ford, GM and Chevy haven't really put a effort into their cars that are the same level as the imports yet. When they think of performance, they think that it has to be pricey. Subaru and Mitsubishi both has cars that are in the 300hp range that you can buy right off the showroom floor. Ford can't even touch that without going to their special vehicle team, and what does Chevy has to offer..... a Vette....again. And when they do, something is wrong with it. When the 3 does build something halfway decent, they slap a price on it so high all we can do is dream and build replicas of them.

I don't hate them....nah. I just want them and NASCAR to shut up and step up.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

When they actually start racing production line built cars again, then there's something to btch about. otherwise stop whining. Racing is about seeing who can put it all together.. no matter what piece of plastic is holding the stickered headlights.
Old 02-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by GundamWZero
Now us owners of "Urban Exotics" are being ridiculed by the Big Three "crown jewels". Now that we scorched them on the streets, now its time to take them to the tracks.......and they are scared.

Serves them right.
This statement might have some teeth to it if Nascar were true "stock car" racing. They can call em Toyota's, Dodge's, Ford's or Chevy's if they want to, but they're all made from about the same parts from what I hear.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nascar or rather I just like racing period. Just bought tickets to the Busch race at Kentucky Speedway last night.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

The only thing Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota left on these cars is the engine. Toyota has built a special engine to race in Nascar because they had to have a pushrod V8. That is the only time I have seen Toyota with a pushrod motor. When Nascar gets to the point of F1 then I will have to find something else to watch. At least with Nascar everything isn't controled by a computer chip.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by redneckracer197
At least with Nascar everything isn't controled by a computer chip.

That is kind of, well, dumb. Are you on a computer when you post here? What is inside your family car? What is inside your TV? Think before you post these things, computers are unavoidable. Get used to it.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat
That is kind of, well, dumb. Are you on a computer when you post here? What is inside your family car? What is inside your TV? Think before you post these things, computers are unavoidable. Get used to it.
thats good!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

oh oh what is that a little computer screen??

oh my my another nascar driver with a computer!!!

another one on the dash!

Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Suspended

Toyota has built a special engine to race in Nascar because they had to have a pushrod V8. That is the only time I have seen Toyota with a pushrod motor.

Yeah? What about the OHC 426 Hemi? Or the 427 SCJ's? The Superbird and Charger Daytona? You should pay attention to your history, son. Everyone, at some point in time, thinks they have "the next best thing".

Tell me, do you have a problem with U.S. drivers racing in foreign organisations?
Old 02-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
oh oh what is that a little computer screen??

oh my my another nascar driver with a computer!!!

another one on the dash!

Golly gee whiz, shucky darn, wut iz dat lite-up whatzit that thar driver gots imself? Is dat wun of dem durn kumpooterz? I shore do hopes not! Dat'll roon are raycin!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Golly gee whiz, shucky darn, wut iz dat lite-up whatzit that thar driver gots imself? Is dat wun of dem durn kumpooterz? I shore do hopes not! Dat'll roon are raycin!
thats funny
Old 02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota left on these cars is the engine. Toyota has built a special engine to race in Nascar because they had to have a pushrod V8. That is the only time I have seen Toyota with a pushrod motor. When Nascar gets to the point of F1 then I will have to find something else to watch. At least with Nascar everything isn't controled by a computer chip.
he is just a little upset because his internet connection is a little weak from his high rise apartment!

Old 02-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Suspended

Redneck riding mower....
Old 02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Redneck riding mower....
lol, you know why so many rednecks live in a trailer?? because if they ever get a flat tire they can always take one from the house!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Damn. That's funny. Okay, time to slow it down a bit, someone may be "offended" by our humor. Damn pansies.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Damn. That's funny. Okay, time to slow it down a bit, someone may be "offended" by our humor. Damn pansies.
true
but i have one more , my wife saw a segment on tv a while back about a goat that was born and it appeared to have a patch of hair on its side and it ressembled a #3 like Dale SR., so my wife looked at me and said " well if it is him i guess he can eat the trash now instead of entertaining it"

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service