Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions >

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions

Old 08-22-2001, 10:11 AM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec helps and discussions

How are you few PS2 owners doing with this game?

What cars have you found to be the hot option?

What are you tuning for your settings?

Hot cars for me have been the Le Mans Camaro Race Car (Handles too good to be true) and I love the tight turning of the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 (Had to sell a gob of cars to get that one, but it is well worth it).

Boost your rear stablizers by two more than the front, that will help keep the rear of your car from penduluming out and pulling the front off its course.

Cmotif <><
Old 08-22-2001, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

One of my "hot" cars are the RX-7 RZ, I bought a white one(only color they actually come in), and later won a yellow one.(cars you win are cars usually you cant buy, like diff colors etc). Ive got almost every mod and it has 600+ HP, and still handles like a dream. Yea, the skyline can get over 1k+HP, but can you actually drive it on complex string? didnt think so..well anyway, its been a while since I played it...staying online too much.
Old 08-22-2001, 10:30 PM

I just got my International A license today. The new races are just beating me up. It was tough to beat the International B races, but this is really hard. Have you beat the Italian Avant Garde races? What was your set up on the Zonda?

Cmotif <><
Old 08-22-2001, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Get the Toyota Supra RZ. Out of the box it'll do 176mph or so. You can race it on the oval in he last series of the beginner league for ten grand a pop, after all the upgrades the car is good for like 268 mph. It's almost ridiculous.

The Super license tests are killin me too, the second test (GT40, Seattle) took me like fifty tries to pass, but damn what a fun car to drive.

Trips
Old 08-22-2001, 11:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Cmotif: Just wait until you try out some of those endurance races.

My brother and I combined for one of the 78-lap roadcourse races, it took us a total of 2 hours and 45 minutes to complete it. We did score one of the F1 prize cars though, so it was (somewhat) worth the time spent!
Old 08-23-2001, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

do the super speedway enduro until you get the F090, thats what I done and the game gets boring because you can ttake it and just wipe out everything
Old 08-23-2001, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Yup... One of my complaints with the game is that while driving the F1 cars is a blast, you should not be able to enter the prize cups with them, even the non-restricted ones. We can drive an F1 car around a walled-off road course, bouncing off the walls as opposed to steering, and still win by an entire lap over the next-nearest car! heh

On the other hand, I'm glad they included the insanely exotic cars, because they are indeed fun to drive...
Old 08-23-2001, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey guys i know it is not gt3, but on gt2 i have a 69 vettee427, that we tricked out with all the options, it sounds soo cool on suround sound....
Old 08-23-2001, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by futureal
Yup... One of my complaints with the game is that while driving the F1 cars is a blast, you should not be able to enter the prize cups with them, even the non-restricted ones. We can drive an F1 car around a walled-off road course, bouncing off the walls as opposed to steering, and still win by an entire lap over the next-nearest car! heh

On the other hand, I'm glad they included the insanely exotic cars, because they are indeed fun to drive...
well, im working on all gold licenses right now, got most on B LOL
Old 08-23-2001, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

i have about 40 cars. My hottest car is the Supra RZ , it goes about 1025 . I also love the Denso Supra, it has good handling. i just won the 100 lap Tokyo Route 246 in the endurance races earlier. I got the GT-One Road Car
Old 08-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

I hate to be the voice of dissent, but I was disappointed with what I saw when I played the game last weekend.
Sure its smoother than the PSone versions but I expected to be a bit more....

Good thing it was someone else's game/PS2, I'd feel cheated.
Old 08-24-2001, 10:27 PM

Default PANOZ, ESCUDO, CORVETTE C5, XR8 FALCON

Those are all in my garage now. The Escudo is ridiculous. Like I need a ill handling car with 1745 HP. No, I didn't screw up, it is 4 digits. They didn't need to add the possibility of boosting it that MUCH!!!!

I am trying to get on of those F-1 cars. There is a 1994 F-1 that is available when you win the SuperSpeedway endurance race. Won the race three times, and still haven't won it, but I have seen its silhouette and I have a GT3 reference book that tells me what cars you can win for each event.

Cmotif <><
Old 08-24-2001, 10:50 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Cmotif,

You should do the Superspeedway one more time... I am pretty sure that you can't win any of the prize cars more than once, so this time you should be rewarded with the F1. I have only driven the F1 from the 78-lap enduro race (I don't have the game on right now so I don't remember the name of the car or the track, heh) and it was pretty nice. Since it's not an F1 game, I assume that the F1 cars all perform similarly...
Old 08-25-2001, 11:31 AM

Default Unfortunately YOU CAN WIN THE SAME CAR MORE THAN ONCE!

It is true, you can win the same car over and over again, even if you have the same car in your garage. It is random. Bummer.

As for all the Formula cars that we want, but can't figure out how to use. There is a race series that opens up, after RIDE LIKE THE WIND, which is Formula GT. That is from the Official Perfect Guide from Versus books on GT3. Good book.

The last 2 digits of the Formula cars name, gives you the year that it was made.

Cmotif <><
Old 08-26-2001, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Unfortunately YOU CAN WIN THE SAME CAR MORE THAN ONCE!

Originally posted by Cmotif
It is true, you can win the same car over and over again, even if you have the same car in your garage. It is random. Bummer.
It's not completely random... You can always win the F090 formula car by winning the oval endurance race using the Suzuki Escudo and making NO pit stops.

Another thing... just when you get to the award screen where they give you the car... the circle appears under each of the cars for like a half second before the car you get is chosen. If you can hit the X button just as the circle is under the silhouette of the car you want, you get that car. ( I haven't tested that second one, read it on the net somewhere though)

Trips

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service