Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
How to quit smoking ??? >

How to quit smoking ???

How to quit smoking ???

Old 05-23-2007, 03:46 AM
Tech Champion

Think of all the green mucus in your lungs,nose,throat etc.

Enough to make you wanna stop smoking. not smoked for a week.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

I have smoked on and off for 4 years. One thing that made me stop was a TV show about the ingredients in cigarettes. Do you have any idea what's in those things??? Butane, fiberglass, benzene. There are many more absolutely disgusting things in cigarettes. From a social standpoint it can be fun to go out and smoke with your friends.

But, another huge thing that has made me quit is how girls perceive it. In the US, the hottest girls generally frown upon smoking. At best, they are neutral to it. I had one hot girl at work say that if a guy smoked, it was a deal-breaker no matter how much she otherwise liked him.

That being said, my replacement is coffee. Cheaper, easier, healthier.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

Almost 1 month now..... 0 smokes

The craving feeling is reduce now.

When I'm in distress ( brain dead ) the crave feeling will start again....... sometimes the crave is big and I become 1/2 nuts. Sometimes I have to scream little bit to let go the craving feeling . ...... I could only tell myself smoking is not the option. I drink lots of water and tea, the crave feeling will be normal after that.

So whenever possible I try to avoid distress situation. I try to enjoy life, for examples wacthing tv, eat snacks, go to shopping malls with kids, and sleep early.

I hope the crave is gone ....... It's really hard to quit.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Almost 1 month now..... 0 smokes

The craving feeling is reduce now.

When I'm in distress ( brain dead ) the crave feeling will start again....... sometimes the crave is big and I become 1/2 nuts. Sometimes I have to scream little bit to let go the craving feeling . ...... I could only tell myself smoking is not the option. I drink lots of water and tea, the crave feeling will be normal after that.

So whenever possible I try to avoid distress situation. I try to enjoy life, for examples wacthing tv, eat snacks, go to shopping malls with kids, and sleep early.

I hope the crave is gone ....... It's really hard to quit.
Bravo! I know its hard to do but keep it up. Its been 7 or 8 years for me.
The craving will get easier to ignore.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:56 PM
ROV
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Absolutely right. ......... but God gives anyone a chance to quit everyday.

BTW, you from Perth ?

I start smoking from Perth
Yes i am a perth person....
And i should clarify my statement god wont help,(God connot help )there has been no apperiance of such a being for a long long long time...if you gota beleive your fait is in someone else's hands go for it....my faith is soly in myself...

POWER to the quiters
i give up lot of bad substances,,,, and cig's is the hardest......
Old 06-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I quit 20 years ago.
My boss told me to carry around a pack and don't touch it.
When you tell yourself to stop but don't have access to it, you actually crave it more.
If it's right there you can grab it if you want it but it is really easy not to.
A type of reverse psychology.
IT WORKS!
If you remove all access to them you will go to great lengths to get one.
Picking up butts off the street, lighting them off the stove just to get a hit!
TRY IT, CARRY A PACK, DON'T RUN FROM SMOKERS, OFFER THEM ONE OF YOURS, JUST DON'T SMOKE EM. IT'S EASY, I SWEAR!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I smoked a pack a day for six years. I ended up going cold turkey and it was tough. I reckon the one thing that made it a little easier in the months ahead was when I'd get drunk I would smoke a couple sigs and cigars and get really sick from the taste and smell. I'm pretty sure it made me hate anything to do with smokes.

Good luck!
Old 06-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

almost a year ago.......august 26th....
i watcheda fellow racer die at a local oval track i race at.it was that night that i stopped smoking ciggs.....it was something like that you see and you tell yourself that you want to be around for as long as you can.i told myself that smoking will only make me go sooner than later.
i quit cold turkey that day.....

the 1st and 2nd week was horrible...after that the wanting a smoke wasnt really there anymore...although the habbit of having a smoke at say a certian time like after dinner or whenever you smokedat a certiain time was very hard to get over.

i did replace my smoking with a bag of chips and a soda for awhile and did gain almost 15 pounds since i quit...but i am at the point now where i no longer feel like i need to eat or want to grab for a smoke....

there was a time a few months after that i wanted to smoke...
try lighting one up and dont in-hail it......wow...taste like crap and you will not want to be around it nomore....

keep up the good work.....you will do just fine....

matt morris
Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

So far so good ...... 1 month 3 days.

I keep telling myself stop taking that shitdz
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
So far so good ...... 1 month 3 days.

I keep telling myself stop taking that shitdz
Right on don't fall of the wagon.
It should be getting easier by now isn't it?
Have you gained any weight? I gained fifty pounds after I quit
Old 06-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Right on don't fall of the wagon.
It should be getting easier by now isn't it?
Have you gained any weight? I gained fifty pounds after I quit
Yes, i think 5 pounds wider ...........

Is it getting easier ? yes, but not that easy....... thanks to Phillip Morris for secret additives inside Marlboro Mild.

My secretary, wife and kids are happy to see me quit....... they were 2nd hand smokers.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Nobody likes a quitter! Seriously though, I tried to quit with nicotine gum several times and it never worked. I'd always just go back to smoking cigarettes after I ran out of that expensive gum. Last year, I finally quit smoking cigarettes by switching over to good cigars. Nowadays, I really would like to smoke a cigar every night after dinner, but I only let myself have one, or at the most, two per week. That way, I can still satisfy my urge to smoke and do it in moderation. Some people might say that I never really quit smoking, but I'd beg to differ. There's a big difference between puffing a cigar once or twice per week and waking up every morning with a cigarette.

PS. After I quit smoking cigarettes for 3 or 4 months, I decided to smoke one and it tasted like garbage. That's one good thing about smoking good cigars. After you start smoking them, nothing else tastes remotely as good. Going from a good cigar to a cigarette is like going from a good microbrew to Natty Light!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Nobody likes a quitter! Seriously though, I tried to quit with nicotine gum several times and it never worked. I'd always just go back to smoking cigarettes after I ran out of that expensive gum. Last year, I finally quit smoking cigarettes by switching over to good cigars. Nowadays, I really would like to smoke a cigar every night after dinner, but I only let myself have one, or at the most, two per week. That way, I can still satisfy my urge to smoke and do it in moderation. Some people might say that I never really quit smoking, but I'd beg to differ. There's a big difference between puffing a cigar once or twice per week and waking up every morning with a cigarette.

PS. After I quit smoking cigarettes for 3 or 4 months, I decided to smoke one and it tasted like garbage. That's one good thing about smoking good cigars. After you start smoking them, nothing else tastes remotely as good. Going from a good cigar to a cigarette is like going from a good microbrew to Natty Light!
How do you enjoy smoking cigars ? I'l still wonder how do they smoke it

Are they inhale it ? ..... or play the smoke inside their mouth only ? BTW, what brand do you smoke ?

I have three full box of Davidoff Cigars in my office......... (I give it free for clients).

I didn't like it maybe because I inhale it ? ..... and the smell is really offensive yo.

Last edited by asw7576; 06-07-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
How do you enjoy smoking cigars ? I'l still wonder how do they smoke it

Are they inhale it ? ..... or play the smoke inside their mouth only ? BTW, what brand do you smoke ?

I have three full box of Davidoff Cigars in my office......... (I give it free for clients).

I didn't like it maybe because I inhale it ? ..... and the smell is really offensive yo.
Yeah, sometimes it's hard for us cigarette smokers to remember not to inhale, but you'll get used to it. I kind of like how the smell is so offensive because it keeps me from smoking them more often. Pretty much all I've been smoking lately are Arturo Fuente Cuban Coronas. Get them when they're really fresh and you won't regret it. I usually smoke one per week with some cold beers, but I break another one out when I go racing so I have something to smoke in between heats.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

WOW!! I can't believe this thread is still going. I thought by now with 3 pages of replies are enough tips to quit smoking.

I'm a non-smoker but I'll throw my tip how to stop - gradually. Allow yourself to have only one cigarette a month/week. This way you are not telling "your mind" you completely stop from smoking. I bet by third month you will NOT crave for cigarettes.

Good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.