Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
How to quit smoking ??? >

How to quit smoking ???

How to quit smoking ???

Old 01-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

i dont smoke but have been around 2nd hand smoke for about 10 years now and im 15....

probably till bout half a year ago if im around ppl that smoke alot for over 2 or 3 hours continuously i will get a REALY bad headache and if im around evenlonger ill feel sick.....

plus smoking here is REALY expensive.......like 11 or 12 bucks a packor somthing......like DAM you guys have it cheap over in the us even with that tax.......
Old 01-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

it ranges anywhere from 4-6 dollars a pack here, depending on what country owns the quick mart .
Old 05-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Finally, I have decided to really quit smoking ( 3 days has passed, 0 smoke ). IT TAKES ALOT OF COURAGE AND WILLINGNESS !!!!

I've got inspired after reading here : www.mytimetoquit.com

Right now.... I'm dying........... but I have to fight it !!! I have to forget it !!! .
Old 05-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its been two months since i last had a ciggie. It just came naturally but i had to slowly lay off it. Mind you, i was never the hard core chain smoker. The most i ever had in a day was 10 and then down to about 5 then 4,3,2,1.

For a while it would yoyo from 5-1 depending how i felt and then somehow i managed a day without one and then two and then a week and then a month and within my 3rd month ive not looked back.

Sure, i've kept myself busy and i think the thing that did it for me was not to think about it too much, looking back on it i've come to conclude that its pretty much like loosing a Girlfriend. It'll hurt for a while but as time goes by you and your system will eventually learn to live without it.

I dont think there is no secret recipe as everyone is different, theres always different ways its just a matter what works for you and when the time is right. I feel the more i tell myself that i had to quit the more smoking clunged itself onto me until eventually i stopped carring so much and it happened naturally. I dont have the fear about me smoking again, even when im under pressure (3 loud kids is a testament) i dont feel the urge to take a puff.

Determination should be there (to quit) and ofcourse dont keep putting it off BUT do it gradually. It could work for someone
Old 05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

I'm hardcore cigarettes smoker almost 18 years ( about a pack a day ) ....... and in some months I smoke almost two packs a day..... until I get sick very easily, then I automatically reduce to 1 pack.

The feeling of quitting is like your girlfriend said good bye to you all of sudden. You want to call her, but she hang up the phone. You keep remembering her, but she is going out with somebody else. Ouch...... it hurts Your mind is full of her...... expecting her to come back, but she doesn't want.

So you guys who never smoke before...... Never start smoking this shhittdz !!! .
Old 05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well for me. I just got plain sick of them. Smoked 25 years.
Smoking 2 packs a day and just quit cold.
Now 8 years smoke free.
The urge never goes away, I could break down any minute.
The urge gets weaker with time and the will not to gets stronger.
I would like to say that its bad for your health, but I know people that are 80+ and still smoke.
I work as a service tech and have been in houses that are so stained with smoke its unbelievable.

Now my wife she smokes, and she says its because I quit smoking.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quitting smoking was a piece of cake for me... 2 packs a day and BOOOOOM quit just like that....

Oh yeah , something else happened at the same time.....
My appendix burst ( not ruptured, BURST ) might have something to do with it......

Bottom line, you have to WANT to quit... Saying it means nothing... Dwwp down inside you HAVE to quit...
Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I prayed for two years for Christ to take the desire from me.
I smoked 1.5packs a day for 14 years....I was so ready to quit...
The Lord allowed me a go through a Bone Marrow Transplant which I was stuck in the hospital for three weeks.
By being in the hospital for that time and suffering from cancer. I figure that if there is something to take your mind off of it you will succeed more ofter.
They also offer a new pill that makes it like instant vomiting if you smoke....
Hope those are viable choices for me...I go with the Prayer first than any other means available..It take 20years for you to have the same risk of a non smoker for lung cancer.

-Shookie <><
Your a strong soul.
I pray every day.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

I quit 2 and a half weeks ago cold turkey and haven't looked back since. I quit cold turkey also. Now all I gotta do is talk the wife into quitting.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Cold turkey sucks......
Old 05-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

my brother quit smoking a few weeks ago, im surprised how nice he is, before he was all agro n shit now hes realy quiet (hes 34 or somthing) but yea its better for me, dont have to go n get tobacco n filters all the time heheehe

im happy , hes happy wer all happy , car dosnt stink like smoke nemore either, and the windows arnt that foggy so less cleaning for me wen i clean his car ahahhaha
Old 05-04-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576
Cold turkey sucks......
Which is worse? quitting cold turkey ot keep on spending the $$$ for smokes or using that $$$ to spend on RC?
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Which is worse? quitting cold turkey ot keep on spending the $$$ for smokes or using that $$$ to spend on RC?
Truly, I rather spend $$$ for smokes ..... unfortunately, I'm not healthy like 10 years ago. Everytime I smoke..... I feel dead.... short of breath, coughing, hand shaking, etc. Now, I have to forget that I was a smokers before........ it's really a mind war ( thanks Phillip Morris !!! ) : WILL VS. CRAVING

My doctors also said cold turkey is the best way to quit....... just stop and stop and forget it. Sometimes I have to brush my teeth 8 times a day just to make the craving go away.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good luck all. Try not to be around ppl who smoke helps. I seen coworkers who quit for a while but go outside to bum one during stressful weeks. Soon they're smoking again.

I never will quit but then again my smoke rate is about 2 packs a year and a few cubans thrown in for good measure. Only times I really crave a smoke are on a hot muggy nights. I guess nicotine isn't destined to be an addiction for me. Now RCs on da udder hand
Old 05-11-2007, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
I prayed for two years for Christ to take the desire from me.
I smoked 1.5packs a day for 14 years....I was so ready to quit...
The Lord allowed me a go through a Bone Marrow Transplant which I was stuck in the hospital for three weeks.
By being in the hospital for that time and suffering from cancer. I figure that if there is something to take your mind off of it you will succeed more ofter.
They also offer a new pill that makes it like instant vomiting if you smoke....
Hope those are viable choices for me...I go with the Prayer first than any other means available..It take 20years for you to have the same risk of a non smoker for lung cancer.

-Shookie <><
Question: What was most efficiant? Praying for two years, being allowed by the lord to go through a Bone Marrow Transpant or the pill that make you vomiting?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service