R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
I HATE sellers that do that. You add nonsense when I am searching for something particular. Sell what you have period.
A-freakin-men. Just put the damn item you are selling. It doesn't matter if you put the "NOT" in the title because you used other keywords that will show up in people's searches. I believe your thread deserved to get deleted for that. It is a nuisance.

As far as scams off Ebay, they exist and getting worse day by day. PayPal is even worse. I believe more people have been scammed by PayPal than Ebay.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The only problem I have had are people who decided not to pay and I had to give a second chance offer or relist the item.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Default Ebay Haters New site!! Let's take over!!!

Hello haters, I am also a hater of Ebay for treatingme like crap, for forcing me to only be able to accept Paypal, for removing my listings for no reason anmd locking me out of my own account and treating me like criminal so I had my own action site designed and it is ready for business.I will give new users the first 20 listings FREE yes, free of charge with upgrades and you will be treated with respect as a buyer and as a seller.I promise you will be emailed if your listing needs to be revised and that will not be held against you like you are a criminal, you will be given a chance to make things right yourself and buyers will not be the only people able to leave negative feedback, every member will be able to leave feedback on thier experience for other members to read,that is fair!! The web site is at ebuyz.co go and register it's free and if we all stick together we can have our own site to do business and we won't need ebay ever again!!!!Thanks for allowing me to post and for putting your stuff up here because this motivated me to do this!!!
kflorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

I fell for a scam once.. Guy lured me out of ebay. Wasnt anything important so I learned my lesson. Ebay is ok but I would much rather deal with a online retailer.
Ttam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I hate when someone uses their first post to revive a 4 year old thread to spam a new site link.

I have no love for a person who keyword spams either.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Klownz View Post
I bidded on a speed control, and won. Then about 10 min after I won, got a E-Mail saying it was sold to the next highest bid. I replied WHY, and he got an e-mail from someone saying I'm a scammer, fake accounts etc... , Which is total bs. So to scott999_01....K.M.A....( the guy who sent the E-Mail)

My roomate won a cell phone, and when he recieved it, it was just the case, no electronics, The guy who sold said" I did'nt say it worked"....$65 down the crapper..
Dude, that made me think of this, watch

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/160347-last-person-post-gets-5-00-a-2334.html
civicruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
OK, so the only reason I'm posting this is to share a recent experience. Basically I had an item about to close, and for the money I was hoping for on EBAY.... well right before it closed someone "reported" me to ebay, and they pulled my auction . Worst part is I cant even contact the high-bidder because I now have no record of the auction even existing. What a F-----g TOOL! I really can't beleve someone would be bored enough to do that. I found the area in 'My Ebay' where you can report auctions, up to 10 of them at a time , for "spamming". WTF? It's not like Ebay has R.C. experts searching through auctions so how would they know what applies? Someone just had to be a hater. Amazing since people with horrible feedback that don't pay-up are allowed to stay on Ebay. I've been %100 the entire time.

Well, if no-one reply's thats OK I just want others to know that you have to be carefull when listing thing on Ebay,because someone might decide to play the internet cop and screw you out of the money you would have made. Not that I did anything wrong... as they say "snitches ryhmes with bitches" Anyone else got an Ebay horror story???
Ive been dealing with this for about 3 months now.
Runnin 5s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 AM   #23
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Judge Judy is hilarious! There is no way, even in the right, I would step foot in her court.
PhatDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To add to the eBay hate...notice the majority of items are buy it now only? You might as well just buy from a reputable online store. I often search for RC10GT parts and I get like 2 pages of actual auctions and maybe 15 pages of buy-it-now items.

And now you have shill bidding also. Sellers either have someone they know (or use another account) to bid up their own items. I've seen a couple of cases of this where someone was about to win an item for a bargain price only to have the price rise in the last hour. It's funny because you can see a bunch of rapid bids by the same person increasing by only a little bit each time, then retracting the last bid once they go over.

STADIUM TRUCK ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
HP PRST-1
AE FT RC10GT2 (for when nitro ST rises from the dead!!)
lappdawg27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:01 PM   #25
Tech Master

I normally don't deal with anything over $30 on ebay...if i'm looking for something more expensive, i'll look thru consignment at my local hobby shop or on craigslist...that way I can go and check out the product and then pay with cash...
"All short course drivers aren't hackers,but all hackers are short course drivers"
racer53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #26
Tech Regular

When you buy things from ebay you do have to read every word careful because you will get screw out what you think your getting if you dont. It happen to me and i was So now i read very carefully when i buy something from ebay.

I dont like ebay they are ridiculous and will screw you out of money in a heartbeat.
epoweredrcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatDad View Post
Judge Judy is hilarious! There is no way, even in the right, I would step foot in her court.
Neither would I she scares the crap out of me lol
epoweredrcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Id rather buy something on here or amazon than ebay. Amazon has alot of stuff that ebay doesnt even have most of the time.
Yet there is scammers on here too your not really that safe anywhere.
If I want something I usually order it at my local hobby shop.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacsac View Post
I hate when someone uses their first post to revive a 4 year old thread to spam a new site link.

I have no love for a person who keyword spams either.
Yep... I totally forgot I had even started it in 2006. But since we are on Ebay disdain, I don't like that they have this 5-star deal going on now. Someone leaves you + FB but doesn't give you 5 stars as well, Ebay jacks up your seller expenses.

But hey, it's better than CL. There is no land of spammers,trolls,and scammers that even compares. I'd almost rather dump something off at a pawnshop than deal with that site... Buying may be one thing, but my selling experiences on CL have been almost nothing but a headache.

Going back to why I started the thread in the first place, I remember putting lots of keywords in the description... all things that came with the car (was ARTR). Someone decided they had "caught me". On the brightside, I unded up selling that car through the FS thread for about the same $$$
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

knock on wood i've had nothing but good experiences as both a buyer and seller. I've mostly bought the past year. Now I'm having 2nd thoughts on listing stuff with all these horror stories. I have stuff I need to sell , desperately need some $$ now.
JEFFs SC10 is offline   Reply With Quote