Females in the sport?

Old 08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by XrayFK
+1
+1
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Here is Maria Törnblom from Sweden. Been a factory driver for Serpent in 1:10 nitro touring for years, but now making big success in 1:5.
Very, very fast. Brother on 2:nd place, and he nearly never beats his sister Not many do
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Maria-Tornblom.jpg (103.4 KB, 333 views)

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 08-11-2006 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions??

Does anyone have videos of a Powder Puff event they can link here? I'm a chick, new to driving but not new to the hubby - oops I meant hobby. I tried to get up the courage to join my RC pilot husband in flying, but find I'm much more comfortable crashing cars already on the ground.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

How about Sabrina Lechner ??

Serpent sponsored.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben.C View Post
How about Sabrina Lechner ??

Serpent sponsored.
And she is now qualified 35th in the Worlds 1:8 On road in Lostallo
Old 08-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
And she is now qualified 35th in the Worlds 1:8 On road in Lostallo

Definately fast...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by weenergurl View Post
Does anyone have videos of a Powder Puff event they can link here? I'm a chick, new to driving but not new to the hubby - oops I meant hobby. I tried to get up the courage to join my RC pilot husband in flying, but find I'm much more comfortable crashing cars already on the ground.
That is a classic. Cars already on the ground! Hehehehe! Yep, that's the essence of car racing. Kinda like flying but without the flying nonsense.

Off topic.

Is it just me or are there others who think "male" and "female" are too clinic (non-species specific) and cringeworthy? Can we find something more -errr- human?

Last edited by niznai; 08-19-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:54 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the guys who don´t know Sabrina http://www.jonehrc.com/2009/03/17/se...-female-racer/
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Off topic.

Is it just me or are there others who think "male" and "female" are too clinic (non-species specific) and cringeworthy? Can we find something more -errr- human?[/QUOTE]

I kinda prefer identifying gender by chromosomes: females are XX and males are XY indicating we just have that much more information to operate with

Men and ladies will do just fine in normal circumstances.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How about gays and t-birds?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by McSmooth View Post
That's all you Eric...Corally, and she's 16. Time to add "University of Denmark" to your college list.

All that and she can help you with your car. Setting tweak, calculating rollout, lubing your....nevermind.
Well actually Sanne is 19 now.
So most of your perverted fantasies...would probably still be illegal, but some might be legal.

Here is a link to an interview with Sanne from yours truly.

http://corally.com/anubizz/corally.nsf/unids/DB33EE9703480B3E8025757C005F3A67/$FILE/2006-02-October%20RDX%20Interview%20Sanne%20Anthonson%20En glish%203MB%20PDF.pdf
Old 08-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

WTF?

Whats up with the crappy links? The Corally link is broken and so is the last link.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
my wife (aka Mrs. McGoo) and I race together all the time...she holds her own at our local track and has ventured to last year's IIC and snowbirds...and we will be heading to race at this years IIC as well.

having a wife in the hobby/sport makes it alot easier to justify purchases, but the only problem is, that if i get the latest and greatest "xyz" then she wants "xyz"....so i just have to make sure i can afford 2 "xyz's"

we have a blast together and its just great quality time together....
That would be great! I wish I could get my wife into the hobby Any tips
Old 08-21-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Well, not knowing your wife, I can only tell you how my husband got me into it and maybe you can take something from that:
-I hung out with him in the garage alot. Learned some lingo by osmosis I guess.
-He'd bring along a mini LST when we were camping, wait for me to have a beer (which was like 5 minutes), and bring it out. He'd ASK me if I wanted to try it. Several times. Then he'd put the radio in my hand. Never criticised me once, never pushed, only gave me positive feedback (not too much) and made obstacle courses for me. If I broke something, he wouldn't make a big deal. When I'd had enough, he put it away.
-I'd watch him have a riot with his vehicles. He'd ask me if I wanted to do something like learn how to re-fuel for him. I did. More positive feedback (like I was his "pit fox" and the like)
-We were camping at an RC airplane event and brought a couple of his trucks. For something to do, he set me up at the off-road track there when there was no one else around, and just let me do whatever. That was fun. Better for me than just an aimless drive to nowhere.
-One day he brought home an E-Revo and called it "the wife's" to his friends. It wasn't like a gift, it was just an ordinary day. I thought it was a joke for a long time. Then he'd ask me if I wanted to drive MY car. That's when I started to feel connected to it.
-Now I've found a place to rip around an off-road track, became members, and NEED a daily dose of two battery sets. His best advice to me was "first you get good, then you get fast", and "don't steer the car, just correct it". He lets his pride show, and that makes me want to jump him. He times and marshals me, or joins in and we go for a chew together. I'm still new to it, but have been told by strangers that I could race. All I'm shooting for is to avoid DNF's. I feel I have a new hobby. Now if only I can get him interested in quilting.....
-Sorry, way longer than I intended. Hope you can pull some tips out, and good luck. It's waaaay worth it. Be patient.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tips!!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get her in the garage and to go camping Its going to be a long wait The kids and I did get her to start playing some video games with us. So all hope isn't lost.

Last edited by RickLeigh; 08-24-2009 at 05:10 AM. Reason: I had to learn how to spell "her". It's not spelled "here" LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.