Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Wishes for driving courtesies and behaviors. >

Wishes for driving courtesies and behaviors.

Wishes for driving courtesies and behaviors.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about "Slower Traffic Keep Right"...then I wouldn't need an Autobhan style highway...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:31 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

rs4rallydriver i completly agree, as a fellow biker when im taking the road to the local quarry to get some downhill done the amount of cars that almost hit us is crazy on the road you get cars beepin the crap at ya to move outta the way go on the pavement either get busted and fined or get people shouting get on the road !
Old 03-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim
How about "Slower Traffic Keep Right"...then I wouldn't need an Autobhan style highway...
Yeah...that'd be good enough for me too. Plus using that little thing called a d-i-r-e-c-t-i-o-n-a-l to indicate that you're gonna turn.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Well there are a lot of good points here.
Thought I would agree with the guys on bikes.
I've spent 5 years of my life with a bike as my main source of transportation.
I ride on the sidewalk sometimes because riding on the road means you almost get hit by those driving SUV's, and tour buses. I've had a tour bus come within 3 inches of my bike, without notice from behind me. Man that scares the crap out of you, plus the wind generated by the large bus nearly knocks us bikers over. The potholes are huge for bikers and most of them are on the edges of the road, right were you would normally be biking. People don't realize that if you hit one of those potholes on your bike you would seriously injure yourself, so they just stay in their lane and won't let you move over to avoid the pothole.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

yeah, that "getting trapped-by-a pothole" thing is horrible. it's iether the car, or the hole. for that reason I just jump over them when I can, instead of swerving around it.
but I can't do that all of the time. My job as a pizza delivery biker requires the food that I carry to get to its destination in one piece... I almost lost 2 pizzas to a DEEP hole the other day. and by deep, I mean "street-crater". I hit it without even seeing it. (and you can't really react well if that catches you off guard) If it weren't for shock absorbers It would have ended in tragedy, because most of the weight was on the front wheel!