Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
running a red light??? >

running a red light???

running a red light???

Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Dude, I know EXACTLY how infuriating it is, but face it, you DID run a red light, technicality or not. And it is NOT a good idea to fight it, as was said, if the officer is there, you're basically SOL(& may end up paying more than what the original ticket was for), but if your state is like mine, what you CAN do is claim No Contest, & do the traffic school thing. That's what I did, the school only cost $25, took a couple of evenings, & after that they wiped out the ticket(only had to pay court costs, which was about $72, much better than the $180 or more it would've cost me otherwise). Most importantly, they REMOVED the ticket from my record, so it had NO impact on my insurance, so that's what I'd suggest you do(assuming your state does things the same way)....
Old 03-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Go ahead and renew your car insurance(if you can). It will take several weeks before the points are actually taken off your liscense so the insurance company cannot jack up your rates if you've got a clean record. I did this when I got a 4pt ticket for rolling a stop sign on an empty road, except for the cop and me. The judge took away the whole fine b/c I apologized in court, but he couldn't remove the points. If you go to court and dress nice and be a brown nose, you might catch the judge on a good day and get the fine removed.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/obje...9/104/263/ART/

Read #2. If the officer filled out the information wrong like you said, youmay be able to argue the point that if he cant fill out the correct information .......

The way I look at it, its worth a try to fight it. I have never heard them increasing the amount because you disagree or want to challenge the issue. My experience was like I said, the instructor went around the class and those who fought the ticket got a lesser fine. Just my experience.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Red Z
X ray vision?
LOL!!!!!!

WHY didnt the officer nail you and the toher guy? ask that in court
Old 03-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
LOL!!!!!!

WHY didnt the officer nail you and the toher guy? ask that in court
Because it makes no difference. He still ran a red light, the other guy was lucky enough to get away.
Its like telling a CHP officer that the other guy in front of you was way more drunk than you......You are still guilty. Chalk it up to bad driving and hope your rates don't get hiked up.
-Shookie <><
Old 03-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

sounds like a california stop to me.....
Old 03-29-2006, 04:03 PM
drx
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by onnetz
sounds like a california stop to me.....
Exactly what it is, and cool if you can get away with it.

Unfortunately for our friend here, he got caught. No sense in trying to find some technicality to get off the hook. Better to face the music, plead guilty and throw yourself on the Court's mercy.

Fight it and loose (which he most certainly would) and the Court is likely to throw the book at him for having the unmitigated gall to waste the Court's time.

hell, the DA will probably allow him to plead the whole thing down to a point or two, or if he's been a Good Boy maybe a Suspended Sentance.