Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?) >

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Like Tree7706Likes

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Old 10-23-2021, 02:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Looks pretty slick. I had pull start on os .18 tz and could barely pull the thing lol.
The number of people who swear up-and-down that pullstarts on nitro engines are terrible and frustrating and fragile makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing differently that makes them work well for me. I mean yes, the first few times I pullstart a new engine it's a huge pain because the clearances are so tight and the fuel mixture is so rich that hydrolocking sometimes occurs, but after that I never have a problem -- the engine might refuse to start, but that's not the pullstart's fault.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
I am now deeply tempted by a delicious 4 way tie. A Traxxas UDR, an ARRMA Mojave 6s, Losi (Super?) Rock Rey and a Gmade GOM......
I can't help you. None of those vehicles appeal to me.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
The number of people who swear up-and-down that pullstarts on nitro engines are terrible and frustrating and fragile makes me wonder what the hell I'm doing differently that makes them work well for me. I mean yes, the first few times I pullstart a new engine it's a huge pain because the clearances are so tight and the fuel mixture is so rich that hydrolocking sometimes occurs, but after that I never have a problem -- the engine might refuse to start, but that's not the pullstart's fault.
Most people have completely knackered joints.... hence the starter box.

Apparently, a lot of the early pullstarts were shyte with crappy handles/cords that would break. Or the OWB would die and was something extra you'd have to worry about, especially on a racecar. Or something would arf up in the mechanism.....
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
i don't care if it is technically a girls car. id drive it
Here in Germany VW MK1 Golfs (or Golfs for that matter) are definitely not girl's cars. This convertible is nicknamed "the strawberry basket" but quite honestly it was mostly popular with trashy party people. It would be rather to see a driver without mullet and a mustache.

That said upper trim Golfs (GTIs, R, R32 etc.) are famous for being small time drug dealer cars here along with Civics type R. Mid-tier dealers drive small AMGs (C coupes etc) and M3s. Upper end dealers don't drive, they get driven around 😉.
st_dragn_wagen and bratan like this.
Old 10-23-2021, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Just rebuilt the shocks on the tekno and replaced all the nuts with green alloy....
Old 10-23-2021, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

My engine was brand new when i had the issue, so I'm sure it would have gotten easier. I ended up having exhaust issue i never got sorted so engine was never even really ran.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
I am now deeply tempted by a delicious 4 way tie. A Traxxas UDR, an ARRMA Mojave 6s, Losi (Super?) Rock Rey and a Gmade GOM......
I've ran the Mojave and super rock rey. Both are nice, but are very different. I think you should get Rock Rey just so you can experience the fun of wrenching on one. It's terrible.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

might want to put your helmet on cause Armageddon's liable to happen any moment now. we actually agree on something!
not only have i never had a problem starring a nitro with a pull start, but iv always found it to be the easiest/most convenient way to start one. the problem with everyone else is that they're stupid and treat it like a lawnmower instead of an RC car. some of the stupid shit iv seen people do with a pull starter...

Originally Posted by ejtnt View Post
Here in Germany VW MK1 Golfs (or Golfs for that matter) are definitely not girl's cars. This convertible is nicknamed "the strawberry basket" but quite honestly it was mostly popular with trashy party people. It would be rather to see a driver without mullet and a mustache.
the hatches are kinda funny, if it's modified it's a dudes car, if it's stock it's a chicks car. until you get up into the GTI model then it's just a dudes car no matter what.
the Cabriolet's on the other hand... idk what there stereotype was back in the 80's to mid 90's, but by the late 90's you couldn't drive one unless you were a female between 16 and 24. from about 99 to about 2009, it was literally the stereotypical college chick car. a label they still possesses to this day.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

I stand corrected. my news never said till after 6 pm yesterday it was a live round.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
I stand corrected. my news never said till after 6 pm yesterday it was a live round.
details of this event are sad indeed. Should have never happened with even basic firearm safety procedures in my opinion.

Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Well whomever was prop weapons expert along with others should go to jail and be banned from weapons forever.. Ive shot a hg 1---0;s times I can tell by weapons weight if it has a live round in it.but then again I catch a fish ,know within a ounce or so its weight then sale it....who knows
Old 10-23-2021, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

fixed the carpet shampoo'er! so now my brother can clean the f'ing rug so it won't smell like dog piss! ...until the dog pisses on it again.... ...in like 3 days... ...stupid ass dog...
Old 10-23-2021, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

fixed the carpet shampoo'er! so now my brother can clean the f'ing rug so it won't smell like dog piss! ...until the dog pisses on it again.... ...in like 3 days... ...stupid ass dog...
i heard when dogs pee on the carpet you're supposed to stick your nose in it in front of them to show them it's bad behavior.
bratan likes this.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

might want to put your helmet on cause Armageddon's liable to happen any moment now. we actually agree on something!
not only have i never had a problem starring a nitro with a pull start, but iv always found it to be the easiest/most convenient way to start one. the problem with everyone else is that they're stupid and treat it like a lawnmower instead of an RC car. some of the stupid shit iv seen people do with a pull starter...

the hatches are kinda funny, if it's modified it's a dudes car, if it's stock it's a chicks car. until you get up into the GTI model then it's just a dudes car no matter what.
the Cabriolet's on the other hand... idk what there stereotype was back in the 80's to mid 90's, but by the late 90's you couldn't drive one unless you were a female between 16 and 24. from about 99 to about 2009, it was literally the stereotypical college chick car. a label they still possesses to this day.
To be fair Golfs are among the most popular cars in Europe, so their owners cover almost demographics.

Owning a convertible in Germany is a highly masochistic affair since, unless you live in the southwest, you probably get to drive it with the top down like 20 to 30 times a year, even less if it is an old car with a not very good heating system.

Women tend to be more practical than that, so you rarely get to see one drive a convertible. Wagons, SUVs and super minis on the other hand, are quite popular with the ladies.

Just watched "Knives Out". Really well-written with a very nice pace. Only downside, 90% of the cast was useless. They casted a bunch of big names in roles that actually brought very little to the plot. I guess that was for marketing reasons.

Me and my wife decided to start an 80s pop covers party band. I will run the idea by a few fellow musicians and see if they would like to join us. Any name ideas? So far a few ideas: Electric Stars, Neon, and Holograms. That last one was a pretty obvious ripoff I thought, but we are keeping it in circulation for now.
Old 10-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
i heard when dogs pee on the carpet you're supposed to stick your nose in it in front of them to show them it's bad behavior.
you can't catch the little bastard. he's paranoid of everyone except my brother. he's a rescue and was apparently treated like shit before being abandoned in a garage and now has like PTSD. i got him cornered one day to pick him up to put him in his pin (back when putting him in his pin when he'd be home alone was a thing) and he pissed, shit, and blew his anal glands out all at the same time. little shit wont even stay in the same room with me, i aint never been nothing but nice to him. im his leading supplier of treats and people food. talk to him all the time from across the room. you'd figure after almost 3 years he'd figure out im not going to hurt him. but he's still paranoid.
but the real problem is my damn brother. he never even tried to train him. just realized this is where the dog is going to "conduct business" and put pads down. unfortunately even with 4 pads down, the little shit still can't hit the target. and my narcissistic passive aggressive pain in the ass gay millennial leftist phuckstick brother refuses to pick up after him, so the edge of the pads and the exposed rug get covered in dog shit and piss, currently to the point that it's molding under the rug which is doing wonders for the 60+ year old hardwood floor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.