Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?) >

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Like Tree7204Likes

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Old 10-13-2021, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Wait. You have such minimal contact with your son and his mom that he didn't even call you or text you to let you know his mom was dead?
I had my son last x-mas. I don't live in Florida and I get him as often as I can. His mother had her cell phone cut off and was always bouncing around from place to place. Believe me it was a complete nightmare trying to keep track of her movements abroad. He doesn't have his own phone or anything social media. Believe what you want though.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petersen114 View Post
I had my son last x-mas. I don't live in Florida and I get him as often as I can. His mother had her cell phone cut off and was always bouncing around from place to place. Believe me it was a complete nightmare trying to keep track of her movements abroad. He doesn't have his own phone or anything social media. Believe what you want though.

So basically, it sucked all around. How old is he?
Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I wasn't questioning whether it was possible, I was marveling at it even though I know it's possible. But the "why" makes a big difference. Maybe the mom was nuts and filled her son's head with crazy and malicious lies about his dad, maybe his dad is a jerk who can't be trusted around women and kids, maybe both, I have no idea.
wasn't talking about the legality of it, i was talking about the morality of it.
in the case of the people i know, mental illness plays a part, brainwashing plays a part, narcissism and arrogance plays a part. and in one case no one has any flipping idea. it's a real ass scratcher as to what her problem was. bitch just seems to have had a slightly early midlife crisis and went off the deep end . but she could drop dead right now and 3 of her 4 kids and ex-husband wouldn't know for probably weeks or even months and wouldn't care, meanwhile kid #4 would be like who the F is "mom"?
Old 10-13-2021, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

I can't believe it is so difficult to get contractors to do work for the government. I understand the paperwork is extensive, but it shouldn't be that hard to produce the paperwork needed.
Old 10-13-2021, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
So basically, it sucked all around. How old is he?
He will be 16 Feb 14 2022. His mother never helped financially with any transportation. Basically I would go get him and bring him back to his mother no matter what state I lived in. He is the reason I took a job in GA. That way it was only a 18 hour drive both ways. Sorry but welders don't make shit for pay in Florida. I would have had him this past summer but with all my recent back surgeries it was just too much. Also I always had to give her money because she cried about her job always shorted her pay. Come to find out she never even had a job. Idk. I should have went for full custody in court but I really don't believe in taking a child away from his mother. I have a couple friends that re sheriff deputies in the two counties and contacted them to see if they can help me.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I’ve worked with a number that had this kind of situation. The one that pretty much got me in the hobby went 12 years with seeing his kids. Then mom finally got caught that she had be lying to the kids about him.

There’s a reason that those “fathers rights” commercials run so often.

I’ve know a couple that made big noises about not seeing their kids. Then did nothing but complain when they got the chance.
OffRoadJunkie likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

He will be 16 Feb 14 2022. His mother never helped financially with any transportation. Basically I would go get him and bring him back to his mother no matter what state I lived in. He is the reason I took a job in GA. That way it was only a 18 hour drive both ways. Sorry but welders don't make shit for pay in Florida. I would have had him this past summer but with all my recent back surgeries it was just too much. Also I always had to give her money because she cried about her job always shorted her pay. Come to find out she never even had a job. Idk. I should have went for full custody in court but I really don't believe in taking a child away from his mother. I have a couple friends that re sheriff deputies in the two counties and contacted them to see if they can help me.

Unless you work at a ship yard with a big Union, welder don't make much any where. Actually pipe welders make a lot of money in building industrial refrigeration systems. I almost became a welder in the elevators field, but I could deal with BS they have to go through. However, they are making over $50 an hour out here. In the bay area, they are making a lot more than that.
Old 10-13-2021, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

If u want welder + big $$$, it's underwater welding, offshore or pipeline/mining. Occasionally aero, very hard otherwise.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
If u want welder + big $$$, it's underwater welding, offshore or pipeline/mining. Occasionally aero, very hard otherwise.
My dad wanted to get into underwater welding when he was young. Even looked into military after high school. But because of his cleft palate, he couldn’t learn to scuba dive.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

^That's a shame, I thought there was surgery for cleft palate that solved most things.....
Old 10-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
^That's a shame, I thought there was surgery for cleft palate that solved most things.....
There is. But gotta go back long time. He had the surgery as a child to fix it. But to late 1940s standard. To do underwater diving would need those old fashioned hard helmet driving.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Dave_S likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Sounds like it was mostly his mom's fault then. That sucks. Maybe you should buy him a phone and figure out how to give it to him.
petersen114 and Sir 51D3WAYS like this.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This was not what I was expecting when I saw rollable smartphone
Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 AM
Tech Prophet

Underneath is a 1996 dodge truck chassis.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.