Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?) >

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Like Tree7168Likes

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Old 09-14-2021, 04:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
Brie Larson was a terrible pick for a hero movie period.
Maybe, like with other well known movies, we will find out what others we considered. Being that thereís a serious time commitment(years) involved with multiple movies for the actors. Itís possible that some just turned down the chance. After Thor it sounded like Natalie didnít really realize her contract required her to appear in other movies.

I still canít place Brie in anything Iíve seen before Capt Marvel.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Maybe, like with other well known movies, we will find out what others we considered. Being that thereís a serious time commitment(years) involved with multiple movies for the actors. Itís possible that some just turned down the chance. After Thor it sounded like Natalie didnít really realize her contract required her to appear in other movies.

I still canít place Brie in anything Iíve seen before Capt Marvel.
Supposedly they almost casted Katheryn Winnick, but her age was probably a deal breaker, considering that MCU movies will keep going for at least one more decade and she is already 12 years older than Larson.

That said, I don't think she was a bad cast choice. She actually did get very fit for the part, but she didn't buff up, which is also OK. In the context of the film I really think it made sense.

That said, I thought Gal Gadot as wonderwoman was a bit meh, but considering the actresses who were in the pool for the role (Meghan Fox, Olga Kurylenko, Megan Gale) I can see why the producers went with her.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Captain Marvel has been alternately male and female throughout the decades, and several of the female iterations were not "conventionally attractive": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captai...(Marvel_Comics). Brie Larson looks the part more than a bombshell would. You really seem to struggle with how to react to women who don't look the way you want women to look.

For me, it's not so much as important on how attractive a superhero is, but it's more on how they physically act the part. Gal Gadot is a long time martial artist and extremely athletic. She runs and fights like a real action hero should. Therefore, Gal might not have the figure of a female superhero, but she can physically play the part quite well. Brie seems to run and fight like... a banker. Her action moves are not smooth and she doesn't appear to be very athletic. However, this is my opinion. LOL....

I think DC made good choices with WW and Aquaman. The latest Superman actor was a good choice also, but the rest needs work. Especially their choice for the Flash, Ezra Miller.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I don't really follow pro-RC racing, but I noticed this. 2 year contract announced in January 2021, then canned. How does one manage that?

Well, I'm sure he didn't get booted for the same reasons as Cody King. Maybe he no longer wanted to meet the race requirements of a Maclan Team driver. I haven't seen him racing as much as other pros, or maybe I'm just not seeing him.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Adrianne Palicki would have probably been my choice for captain marvel if i was casting. She's 5'11 and pretty athletic. She was already in marvel tv show though.

Part of the reason i thought Brie was decent choice is she kinda seems appropriately cast as the female fighter pilot. She's not right superhero proportions, but she reminds me of some actual pilots.

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Bring Christian Bale batman back that is all I am saying. I like his acting more than the new guy. Now for brie I just think she is a bad actor, you can get more charisma from a dead horse
Old 09-14-2021, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Ryan Reynolds youtube is pretty good
jiml, Kregger and petersen114 like this.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Okay that was funny
Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

RIP Norm Macdonald. Cancer blows.

petersen114 likes this.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Well, I'm sure he didn't get booted for the same reasons as Cody King. Maybe he no longer wanted to meet the race requirements of a Maclan Team driver. I haven't seen him racing as much as other pros, or maybe I'm just not seeing him.
I'm out of the loop, what reason did Cody King get booted? For the record, I've never heard of the fella other than seeing some his stuff on products on Amain.
Old 09-14-2021, 02:04 PM
Tech Champion

I actually did something RC-related today! I put the first tank of nitro through this guy:

jiml, Kregger, Dave_S and 1 others like this.
Old 09-14-2021, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I'm out of the loop, what reason did Cody King get booted? For the record, I've never heard of the fella other than seeing some his stuff on products on Amain.

He has/had a substance abuse issue. He was the team manager for Kyosho.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:03 PM
Tech Champion

Considering more pointless rc modifications

Old 09-14-2021, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm envisioning that as an x-wing drag car for some reason.
In other news my first attempt at making resin gears for my 4-tec failed. I have to redo the mold but it looks like it will be possible, thought I could get away with using talc powder as a mold release but that was a no-go. Actually went out and bought some.
Dave_S likes this.

Last edited by Kregger; 09-16-2021 at 05:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-14-2021, 05:48 PM
Tech Champion

Jang tried that years ago. It was incredibly noisy and didn't move very well. At the very least you need to make the ducts longer so the air being shot out the back is less likely to get pulled back in the front, rather than doing useful work moving the car.
Sir 51D3WAYS and Dave_S like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.