Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?) >

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Like Tree4517Likes

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Old 06-10-2021, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
I just made a $76 mistake.... I shouldn't have been a smart ass and just stuck to truggy tyres.....

Here's a picture of my son's RB7ss with the wheels from his Slash on it. It performed like a beast.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
i would love some bacon! maybe this weekend. i have noticed that iv been getting punchy lately. idk i got through fazes where i get weird and bounce off the walls a bit. but eventually i real myself in and go back to normal. could be the ADD, i get bored and start stirring the pot looking for something stimulating to amuse myself. idk.

I find myself being a lot less patient with people lately. I know it's because everything is going to crap around us, but I still try and remind myself I can still keep it solid. Of course, it took my wife to point out my increasing attitude and shortness with people. Even at work, I go into it with one of the City Department Managers because I had to point out the fact that she is worthless. I really hit rock bottom when I almost ripped a guys head off for staring at my 12 year old daughter. I had few words with him and he turned and left. His wife was there and also went off on him.

What's really funny, I drive a hybrid. I'm 6'1" and weigh about 310lbs. I move piano's by myself without issues, so no, I'm not a fat blob. While in my Hybrid and driving around ghetto-fornia, I get a lot of guys talking smack with road-rage. They would even follow me and tell me to get out of the car. When I do, they look at me like "wait, you should be a little preppy guy because your in a hybrid." They calm down after that. This has only been an issue for the last 10 months. Everybody is getting pretty tense right now. Shootings are up, divorces are up, child abuse is up, drug and alcohol abuse is up, and frustrations are up. It'll take a year of two to calm everyone down, if it's allowed. Too many people are trying to keep it up. It really sucks.

As for the keeping the world clean, I drive 2 hybrids. One is an Escape and the other is a Fusion. I also have a diesel, but I only use that to tow my toys. I would actually be interested in a 1/2 ton electric truck, but only if I can go at least 200 miles while towing. I would by an electric car if there weren't so freaking expensive. I always recycle and I don't burn hazardous stuff. I love the outdoors and how peaceful and clean it is. I have a much smaller footprint than the top Global Climate Change activists do. In fact, their foot print is at least 50 times larger than mine. That, right there, tells me not to trust what they are preaching. Did you know that one of Al Gore's vacation homes, while empty, use more energy than a typical house hold? He got called out about 10 years ago when it was released that one of his idle vacation homes was using over 300 kw of power when the average home is 12 kw. He has since started using solar. He also owns 3 private jets. That doesn't sound like a person who truly believes what he is preaching.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I demand to know where you got that bodyshell...... Cos it's balling!
Thanks! It's an Aplastics shell, got it from a local hobby shop for $37. It did come with a crease in the rear bumper and the light buckets are super thin and flimsy. Still, probably the nicest body I've ever had haha.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
That doesn't sound like a person who truly believes what he is preaching.
none of them do. they ether don't believe it or don't abide by what they preach but continue to preach to maintain some kind of prominence and power (and usually wealth) while forcing the rest of us to abide by it.

there coming for us!
Old 06-10-2021, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I'd probably go 1600 just because maybe you can run higher compression than turbo motor and that will sound neat. Plus it might be easier to adjust tune if needed and remove chance to accidently burn your leg on hot turbo parts.

or maybe 1600cc with turbo
This isn't for the motorcycle this is for the engine I bought that I posted here and the thing it is going into I don't have to worry about being close to the exhaust. as for 1600cc and turbo, it isn't recommended and actually, the only time I have seen something close to that is at the upper-end level of drag busa build.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
This isn't for the motorcycle this is for the engine I bought that I posted here and the thing it is going into I don't have to worry about being close to the exhaust. as for 1600cc and turbo, it isn't recommended and actually, the only time I have seen something close to that is at the upper-end level of drag busa build.
that's a tough question. i like naturally aspirated motors, but depending on weight of the vehicle the extra torque of turbo motor might be pretty handy. I'm not sure about the nice motorcycle motors, but on smaller displacement cars the turbo motors make like twice the torque as n/a motors depending on the turbo.

1600 N/A might make more than enough torque for your application though.

i always had some kind of issue with my turbo motors, but i ran them on the ragged edge. Turbos sound great and have neat powerband. Driving a turbo car on a cold day is kinda a delightful experience, but weather might not get cool enough in Florida to notice a difference in power.

In Midwest in crisp weather the turbo cars gain decent power. Noticeable by the seat of the pants anyways.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Man, I pulled the transmission out of the Integra and one of the mounts just blew out. The rubber disintegrated and the center of it just fell out.

The more I work on this car the more I realize how much work it needs lol.
jiml likes this.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

The stock engine is already more than enough torque, I am just a greedy mofo that wants more.
I am trying to keep a nice balance of reliability and fun (aka turbo)
jiml, Dave_S and OffRoadJunkie like this.

Last edited by Speed Chaser; 06-10-2021 at 04:51 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Here's a picture of my son's RB7ss with the wheels from his Slash on it. It performed like a beast.

I forgot to add the picture.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

I think the new maverick is dumb, but it would be good truck for my dad so i built and priced him one. He wants a unibody pickup truck.

abs here is one i built more myself lol

Last edited by Dave_S; 06-10-2021 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Calling all ppl who want to get on the KO Propo train for cheap!

Absolute Hobbyz has a deep discount for KO radio sets for the next 6 hours only!

Billy, I suggest you get onboard the pro radio train now... Top end model w/ 2 top end receivers for less than $400....
Old 06-11-2021, 12:50 AM
Tech Champion

I'm starting to suspect the same..... Maybe a batch consistency issue with the meds?
I would notice. I'm extremely sensitive to any chemical that hits my brain. I take doses that most doctors insist can't be therapeutic, but I only need one doctor who understands that brain meds don't actually have a minimum therapeutic dose -- whatever dose has the needed effect is the right dose, even if you're breaking tablets into 4 pieces, like I do.

SuburbnHooligan has been starting arguments and talking out his ass a lot more in the past few months. Then when I reply, I'm the one who's behaving strangely. Sure, why not, that fits right in with being sent to the principal's office as a kid for defending myself. It's a pattern I've had a long time to get used to.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

You made the schoolboy error of engaging in a conversation with the special needs kid....

Really, if you want an intelligent, high brow discussion on world peace etc., you ought to head to Quora or something along those lines. Or PM me. But be sure to waterboard SDW first.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

You made the schoolboy error of engaging in a conversation with the special needs kid....

Really, if you want an intelligent, high brow discussion on world peace etc., you ought to head to Quora or something along those lines. Or PM me. But be sure to waterboard SDW first.
I tried Quora for a while. There were a few conversations that were worthwhile, but the question-and-answer format of the site lends itself to nerds getting into nerd-fights over technicalities, and foreign university students asking experts to do their homework for them. And if you call them out for asking experts to do their homework for them, your response gets deleted and you get a warning from the moderators.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ejtnt View Post
Speaking about the environmental stuff, here is the best solution for reducing your carbon footprint, more than any other proposed solution so far.

I guess, nobody likes this idea enough. Perhaps if we introduced some incentives....
The problem is those solutions work best for intelligent people. I'm won't say birth control will literally make Idiocracy come true, but it doesn't help the situation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.