Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?) >

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Like Tree170Likes

the lifeless losers in basements thread part 5(?)

Old 09-15-2020, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I forgot to check sunset. Yes. The smoke has reached us. You could see it this morning
It's reached the East Coast. I saw that same hazy-yet-blinding sunset Monday evening.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Not a fan of the name of this forum now. (all your doing is swaying to the name it was given outa vengeance)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Give me a blank check and a large building and Iíd love to try to create a 1/10 track with all kinds of bends, and overpass and elevation changes. Just need the right group of drivers that understand that racing is more then just going full throttle. Monaco has that 50mph bend, RC can have slow turns
sure thing, just going to have to wait until i win the lottery or strike it rich in the stock market or something.

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It's reached the East Coast. I saw that same hazy-yet-blinding sunset Monday evening.
could be my imagination but i think the air quality has gotten a little better here. my truck is no longer covered in ash when i leave work(although there's still some on it in the morning when i leave home).

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
Not a fan of the name of this forum now. (all your doing is swaying to the name it was given outa vengeance)
that's exactly the point. im throwing it back in there face in a sarcastic smart ass kinda way. iv taken away there ability to rename it something that demeans us. i have removed there ability to gain satisfaction at our expense.
Sir 51D3WAYS and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the rc guy View Post
I think they are going for a tongue in cheek title that isn't meant to be taken seriously....an inside joke to the original posters of the threads deleted. (never-mind - posted then saw the OP's response)

On a less serious note Billy/Dave - I recently got a sport cub s2 and started flying........been having a blast so far with minimal repairs up until I accidentally closed the rear hatch door on the tail end of the plane crushing the back half of the fuselage and tail. Mended as best that I can it probably needs new parts which will add up to about $75 bucks.....so the question would be I think I would like to get a UMX turbo timber next since the cost to upgrade is better spent then repairing what I have but my concern is are they decent trainers for those with some flight experience?
Old 09-15-2020, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sacmiata View Post
I think they are going for a tongue in cheek title that isn't meant to be taken seriously....an inside joke to the original posters of the threads deleted. (never-mind - posted then saw the OP's response)
you're right thought. just a different way of explaining it
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

On a less serious note Billy/Dave - I recently got a sport cub s2 and started flying........been having a blast so far with minimal repairs up until I accidentally closed the rear hatch door on the tail end of the plane crushing the back half of the fuselage and tail. Mended as best that I can it probably needs new parts which will add up to about $75 bucks.....so the question would be I think I would like to get a UMX turbo timber next since the cost to upgrade is better spent then repairing what I have but my concern is are they decent trainers for those with some flight experience?
no idea. I tried small plane like that maybe 6 or 7 years ago but it was too windy in my area for something that small.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
hmm... think ill join in
I would post a photo of my own beetle again but it isn't something I like looking at much.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Daveís got far more experience flying. The VTOL is the only thing Iíve ever been able to fly.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

turns
sure thing, just going to have to wait until i win the lottery or strike it rich in the stock market or something.

It would be easier to buy a house with a large barn and build my own private 1/10 track. And far cheaper.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

I say get a Habu STS, no exposed propeller to destroy your hand when learning. I think all the foam on airplane is maybe $100 when added together, but it's much bigger than the micro airplanes. I think wings cost me $30 to replace.

Dave’s got far more experience flying. The VTOL is the only thing I’ve ever been able to fly.
with airplanes not really much. I only had a couple batteries on my propeller trainer, but i have been trying to get out and fly EDF whenever possible so I'm learning quick
Old 09-15-2020, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The turbo timber is a great plane, UMX or full size. If your space is limited and you don't have a lot of high winds, go UMX. if you have more space I'd get the full size. I'm no expert, but it my opinion, I'd stay away from anything edf until your 3rd or 4th plane, but Dave seems to be doing very well with his.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JCarr View Post
The turbo timber is a great plane, UMX or full size. If your space is limited and you don't have a lot of high winds, go UMX. if you have more space I'd get the full size. I'm no expert, but it my opinion, I'd stay away from anything edf until your 3rd or 4th plane, but Dave seems to be doing very well with his.
the new airplane is geared for first timers and has wing profile to help with low speed flying. One of the main reasons i recommend that is because it comes with realflight and a dongle for using controller comes with it and it was specifically marketed to beginners.

I have no idea why I'm recommending it though, i dislike horizon hobby lol.

If i didn't have easy access to rural area i would probably only be able to fly airplane of this size at airfield, and you need license for that.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Yeah i am trying to avoid air field clubs, insurance, licenses and stick to parks and empty fields - a beginner EDF is a great idea but probably not at that size yet - although looks like its got great reviews even as a trainer......I just want to buy something with more power/aerobatic skills to grow into...seems like the Timber (umx or otherwise) would fit the bill....a 1s brushed plane is alittle on the weak side.
E-flite UMX Turbo Timber BNF Basic UMX Bush Plane

Dave_S likes this.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would recommend a couple of trainers but I mainly fly nitro.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Changing fuselage tonight. On close inspection I'm surprised it didn't come apart in the air, lol. I've had more hard landings than good landings though. Many, many more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.