Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Leavening you wife any tips? >

Leavening you wife any tips?

Like Tree37Likes

Leavening you wife any tips?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:25 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default Leavening you wife any tips?

Leaving your wife. Any tips?
my 3 kids are older 25 and married. 21 and living on his own. And 17 in grad 11.

The wife and I have been married for 21 years and together for 30years. It just seems the wheels have fallen off.
I'm planning on moving out next week.
TeamThibault is offline  
Old 09-03-2020, 09:02 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
 
st_dragn_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1993-1997
Posts: 4,273
Default

here's a damn good tip. hold out until the youngest is 18 so you don't have to pay child support!
st_dragn_wagen is offline  
Old 09-03-2020, 09:20 PM
  #3  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (9)
 
Billy Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 15,779
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Get a good lawyer.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Billy Kelly is offline  
Old 09-04-2020, 06:51 AM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 5,467
Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default

https://abc7.com/divorce-and-coronav...surge/6338027/
billdelong is offline  
Old 09-04-2020, 07:51 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,925
Default

dont move out 1st.. if you do you will loose everything.. call ADAM ask them what to do. Unless you have a divorce lawyer better ask b4 making any decisions...

Last edited by the rc guy; 09-13-2020 at 01:06 PM.
the rc guy is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 12:12 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
 
petersen114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Northwest Georgia
Posts: 891
Default

Cheaper to keep her!!!!
lastplace and Dirt-Racer like this.
petersen114 is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 02:40 PM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Get a lawyer first. You don't need the lawyer to do anything yet, but you want to have a lawyer ready to go.

How does your wife feel about things? Is she ready to move on or does she believe the relationship could be saved if you just tried harder? If the latter, you can expect a huge fight.

This is why I didn't get married.
fyrstormer is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 02:41 PM
  #8  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
here's a damn good tip. hold out until the youngest is 18 so you don't have to pay child support!
It will take at least a year to wrap things up anyway, so child support will probably not happen.
fyrstormer is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
 
st_dragn_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1993-1997
Posts: 4,273
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It will take at least a year to wrap things up anyway, so child support will probably not happen.
different states have different laws. when my friend got divorced here in CA he moved out and it took close to a year and a half for things to be finalized. he had to pay the back child support.
st_dragn_wagen is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 03:22 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 585
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

I agree with Billy Kelly,buy the best lawyer you can.The wife will most likely want it all .My 2 cents
martind1318 is offline  
Old 09-05-2020, 11:30 PM
  #11  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
different states have different laws. when my friend got divorced here in CA he moved out and it took close to a year and a half for things to be finalized. he had to pay the back child support.
I was referring to child support after the divorce is finalized. Obviously he'll have to pay child support for the remaining time his kid is under 18, if he moves out before then.

- - -

I have another question: Does your wife have a job? I mean a paying job, not just being a housewife.
fyrstormer is offline  
Old 09-06-2020, 06:36 AM
  #12  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 732
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I was referring to child support after the divorce is finalized. Obviously he'll have to pay child support for the remaining time his kid is under 18, if he moves out before then.

- - -

I have another question: Does your wife have a job? I mean a paying job, not just being a housewife.
She is a nurse instructor/teacher. The first 20 years was nurse and made way more money then me. But now since I'm a journeymen I'm make ok money just a few less bucks then she makes

we live in Canada

TeamThibault is offline  
Old 09-06-2020, 11:13 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
 
st_dragn_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1993-1997
Posts: 4,273
Default

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I was referring to child support after the divorce is finalized. Obviously he'll have to pay child support for the remaining time his kid is under 18, if he moves out before then.
and im referring to the scenario that happened to my friend. he moved out, the divorce took around a year and a half. he was cutting his soon to be ex-wife checks to pay for there daughter. what happened was during the divorce it took several months to get a child support payment deal set up. here's the kicker, the checks he'd been cutting didn't matter, it wasn't considered child support payments because the legal bullshit hadn't been established. so while the amount he gave her was taken into consideration it wasn't relevant to the case and he still owed like 5 months of back child support that came with massive interest.
although a better lawyer probably could have helped with this...

Originally Posted by TeamThibault View Post
She is a nurse instructor/teacher. The first 20 years was nurse and made way more money then me. But now since I'm a journeymen I'm make ok money just a few less bucks then she makes

we live in Canada
Canada have alimony payments? same scenario with another friend of mine. wife made ruffly 10k a year more than him, but he still had to pay her alimony payments every month and it was no small amount. until she re-married she was getting over one whole paycheck out of him every month. no joke, he shilled out close to 65k over a 5 and a half year period
to add insult to injury, she's the one who left him. literally ran off with another guy.
st_dragn_wagen is offline  
Old 09-06-2020, 02:50 PM
  #14  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Bsthetech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Earth
Posts: 405
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Canadian and US divorce laws are totally different. Go see a lawyer. Once you have the correct info and know your rights and responsibilites have a conversation with your wife and try for an amicable agreement. If that doesn't work you will both have to get lawyers involved and it will eat up every spare penny you have.
Bsthetech is offline  
Old 09-06-2020, 11:23 PM
  #15  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,215
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
and im referring to the scenario that happened to my friend. he moved out, the divorce took around a year and a half. he was cutting his soon to be ex-wife checks to pay for there daughter. what happened was during the divorce it took several months to get a child support payment deal set up. here's the kicker, the checks he'd been cutting didn't matter, it wasn't considered child support payments because the legal bullshit hadn't been established. so while the amount he gave her was taken into consideration it wasn't relevant to the case and he still owed like 5 months of back child support that came with massive interest.
although a better lawyer probably could have helped with this...
Oy.
fyrstormer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.