Leavening you wife any tips? >

Leavening you wife any tips?

Like Tree37Likes

Leavening you wife any tips?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Default Leavening you wife any tips?

Leaving your wife. Any tips?
my 3 kids are older 25 and married. 21 and living on his own. And 17 in grad 11.

The wife and I have been married for 21 years and together for 30years. It just seems the wheels have fallen off.
I'm planning on moving out next week.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

here's a damn good tip. hold out until the youngest is 18 so you don't have to pay child support!
Old 09-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Get a good lawyer.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

https://abc7.com/divorce-and-coronav...surge/6338027/
Old 09-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

dont move out 1st.. if you do you will loose everything.. call ADAM ask them what to do. Unless you have a divorce lawyer better ask b4 making any decisions...

Last edited by the rc guy; 09-13-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2020, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cheaper to keep her!!!!
lastplace and Dirt-Racer like this.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Get a lawyer first. You don't need the lawyer to do anything yet, but you want to have a lawyer ready to go.

How does your wife feel about things? Is she ready to move on or does she believe the relationship could be saved if you just tried harder? If the latter, you can expect a huge fight.

This is why I didn't get married.
Old 09-05-2020, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
here's a damn good tip. hold out until the youngest is 18 so you don't have to pay child support!
It will take at least a year to wrap things up anyway, so child support will probably not happen.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
It will take at least a year to wrap things up anyway, so child support will probably not happen.
different states have different laws. when my friend got divorced here in CA he moved out and it took close to a year and a half for things to be finalized. he had to pay the back child support.
Old 09-05-2020, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I agree with Billy Kelly,buy the best lawyer you can.The wife will most likely want it all .My 2 cents
Old 09-05-2020, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

different states have different laws. when my friend got divorced here in CA he moved out and it took close to a year and a half for things to be finalized. he had to pay the back child support.
I was referring to child support after the divorce is finalized. Obviously he'll have to pay child support for the remaining time his kid is under 18, if he moves out before then.

- - -

I have another question: Does your wife have a job? I mean a paying job, not just being a housewife.
Old 09-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

I was referring to child support after the divorce is finalized. Obviously he'll have to pay child support for the remaining time his kid is under 18, if he moves out before then.

- - -

I have another question: Does your wife have a job? I mean a paying job, not just being a housewife.
She is a nurse instructor/teacher. The first 20 years was nurse and made way more money then me. But now since I'm a journeymen I'm make ok money just a few less bucks then she makes

we live in Canada

Old 09-06-2020, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

and im referring to the scenario that happened to my friend. he moved out, the divorce took around a year and a half. he was cutting his soon to be ex-wife checks to pay for there daughter. what happened was during the divorce it took several months to get a child support payment deal set up. here's the kicker, the checks he'd been cutting didn't matter, it wasn't considered child support payments because the legal bullshit hadn't been established. so while the amount he gave her was taken into consideration it wasn't relevant to the case and he still owed like 5 months of back child support that came with massive interest.
although a better lawyer probably could have helped with this...

Originally Posted by TeamThibault View Post
She is a nurse instructor/teacher. The first 20 years was nurse and made way more money then me. But now since I'm a journeymen I'm make ok money just a few less bucks then she makes

we live in Canada
Canada have alimony payments? same scenario with another friend of mine. wife made ruffly 10k a year more than him, but he still had to pay her alimony payments every month and it was no small amount. until she re-married she was getting over one whole paycheck out of him every month. no joke, he shilled out close to 65k over a 5 and a half year period
to add insult to injury, she's the one who left him. literally ran off with another guy.
Old 09-06-2020, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Canadian and US divorce laws are totally different. Go see a lawyer. Once you have the correct info and know your rights and responsibilites have a conversation with your wife and try for an amicable agreement. If that doesn't work you will both have to get lawyers involved and it will eat up every spare penny you have.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

and im referring to the scenario that happened to my friend. he moved out, the divorce took around a year and a half. he was cutting his soon to be ex-wife checks to pay for there daughter. what happened was during the divorce it took several months to get a child support payment deal set up. here's the kicker, the checks he'd been cutting didn't matter, it wasn't considered child support payments because the legal bullshit hadn't been established. so while the amount he gave her was taken into consideration it wasn't relevant to the case and he still owed like 5 months of back child support that came with massive interest.
although a better lawyer probably could have helped with this...
Oy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.