Amain Shipping Charges

Like Tree16Likes

Amain Shipping Charges

Old 01-24-2020, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Amain Shipping Charges

Not sure if this has been posted yet.

I placed an order with Amain last week and they wanted to split the order and send from two different places and charge me double shipping. NOT COOL.

I talked to a number of my racing buddies and it was the same for them. Most ordered from another vendor.

I did send Amain an email explaining I have been a very long term customer but this shipping method isn't going to work for me or many of their customers. Bad business decision.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Andy Koback and Teknewbee like this.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

https://www.absolutehobbyz.com/
76jimmy and Jcharger13 like this.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:47 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

I might be wrong but don't you have the option of shipping everything together in one shipment even if it means that the order will be held for a few days until all the items are in stock.
Stankfinger76 likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I might be wrong but don't you have the option of shipping everything together in one shipment even if it means that the order will be held for a few days until all the items are in stock.

This is what is mentioned below the items in your cart.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Without knowing the items, it's possible they are just drop shipping from a 3rd party (i.e. the website is just the store front for some of their partners but the actual shipments come from the 3rd party). Just a theory, but many places on the internet are doing this in various businesses (so you pay for shipping on items from the storefront and separate shipping for items that are sold from 3rd parties).
Old 01-24-2020, 01:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reno View Post
What's everyone's thoughts?
My thought is that you are probably trying to order something that they have marked not in stock. I just change my order to only include in stock items and they ship it out next day (sometimes same day if I order in the morning). Only takes 2 days to my house in CA.
Old 01-24-2020, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

I've seen where Amain will ship my single order from two locations, but I've never been charged double shipping.
Apex, billdelong and PSD like this.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

They are not out of stock. I guess they have another location out east. They shipped my items from CA and the other location and yes they charged separate shipping for both as when they split the order it didn't qualify for free shipping.
Old 01-24-2020, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Hmm, Iíve had several orders ship in two packages, and Iíve never noticed higher than usual shipping charges. Iíve typically placed my orders with enough product to qualify for free shipping, and usually take advantage of that free shipping ďdiscountĒ to expedite my orders.

Not sure if in your case maybe some products didnít qualify? Donít know what to say on that part... But hey, if there is an issue. I can tell you that their service staff was very helpful with an issue I had during the Holidays. Was really happy with the attention and resolution to my issue, and got the stuff in time for Xmas.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:25 PM
Tech Rookie

I placed an AMain order last night and originally mine had some liquid tire sauce in there. That package was going to have a shipping charge because it could only be sent UPS ground. I deleted that and my complete order shipped for free from three different locations.
Old 01-24-2020, 08:48 PM
Tech Adept

I built identical shopping carts at AMain and HobbyTown just to compare pricing. HobbyTown and Amain were out of the exact same items and they were splitting the shipping on the exact same items so they're drop shipping from a distributor for sure. I went with HobbyTown because the shipping was free.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:42 PM
Tech Addict

Yea I had a order that was over the amount for free ship and no matter what I did the one in stock item kept charging extra shipping. I didnít end up ordering it
Old 01-25-2020, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i don't order from them unless i have to everyone else is cheeper shipping or free and no tax !!!!
Old 01-25-2020, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Only reason why I buy from AMain is to get FREE SHIPPING and not pay any sales tax because I live out of state, plus get loyalty rewards and go broke saving money with discount coupons... the trickery ensues when I only need to spend $500 more to get to the next loyalty level... pure genius!

If you are paying for shipping then you're not following the unspoken rules of e-commerce, go buy your small ticket items from your LHS, they will order the same products in bulk to mitigate shipping costs... the LHS in my area also offers a loyalty program too, so I try to balance my purchases as best I can within reason.
slick2500 likes this.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

What does this have to do with off-road? This needs to be moved to chat lounge.

P.S. I order from Amain weekly and zero issue. The shipping charges are the most reasonable in the market and love the loyalty program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.