Concept Barbie Go Kart >

Concept Barbie Go Kart

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By GT CRUSING

Concept Barbie Go Kart

Old 01-19-2020, 11:55 PM
Tech Adept

Default Concept Barbie Go Kart

So with some spare F1 parts laying around, Iím thinking of making a concept 1/6th scale go kart with an actual stock Barbie Play Doll
(Except for a haircut to avoid gear tangling)

The idea would be to have a 1 piece chassis with no top deck (Except for the motor mounts). There would also be no suspension of any kind and the only adjustments would be ride height and front toe. Similar to a real life basic go kart.

Fortunately, Barbie + her seat are 146.8g and with the added weight of an esc/Receiver sitting on the sides...that should be close to the same weight as the battery, which should be a fairly even weight in the middle.

Looking to run this with a 25.5T motor and a 2s battery. Planning to design and machine a chassis next and perhaps use some spare F1 side pods for the side body work. Still have to figure out a way to have her actually steer...so should be a fun project
Dave_S, two shoes and 55Guy like this.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:58 PM
Tech Addict

Im already trying to figure out how to make her a load baring structure in the design.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately for myself i don't have any barbies I'd be willing to spare for a project like this, but looks really neat. I like how the kart looks.

Kinda hoping the markers aren't a permanent piece in current condition. (No pun intended)
Old 01-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Do a "bikini go kart barbi"...