Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
PS2 Online gaming >

PS2 Online gaming

PS2 Online gaming

Old 03-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HotrodHopkins
i play sometimes, but i just can't do the trick where u hit the NOS off the line, lol
I can sometimes do that. I use the RX-7 painted black...lime green underglows...no body vinyl. Looks sleeper...till I hit throttle!
Old 03-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i still like the focus the best, i'm black with grey and blue vinals, red underglow and red tinted windows.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Red Z
Anyone play NFS: Underground online?

You are referring to the first NFS Underground... right? If so... i got a Miata with your name on it (roadcourse) and an S2K for drag.

I stopped playing it because there were so many guys with PC's running cheat codes and you couldnt beat em. They were turning 19 second laps on a 30+ second track... yeah right. One guy lapped me and you could hear him hitting the NOS the whole time... compare that lap with the others... he HAD to be on the squeeze every lap... someone was running code to win. We ran 10 lap races... no car had that much NOS. So i started running 2 lap runs and i could hang cause i had that much NOS, but the few times i won they got pissed cause i got their Rep points, and they accused ME of cheating!!!! WTF?!

Most online games for PS2 are free online... Final Fantasy online cost... but the difference was obvious. Free games arent regulated by SCEA or anyone else... to a larger degree you can cheat and its no big deal. On FF, your player(s) were stored on their servers, so you couldnt use codes to change them, or the playing field. It may be different now, but that is the biggest reason i didnt play NFS Underground 2 online... i didnt want the hassle and frustration.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
You are referring to the first NFS Underground... right? If so... i got a Miata with your name on it (roadcourse) and an S2K for drag.

I stopped playing it because there were so many guys with PC's running cheat codes and you couldnt beat em. They were turning 19 second laps on a 30+ second track... yeah right. One guy lapped me and you could hear him hitting the NOS the whole time... compare that lap with the others... he HAD to be on the squeeze every lap... someone was running code to win. We ran 10 lap races... no car had that much NOS. So i started running 2 lap runs and i could hang cause i had that much NOS, but the few times i won they got pissed cause i got their Rep points, and they accused ME of cheating!!!! WTF?!

Most online games for PS2 are free online... Final Fantasy online cost... but the difference was obvious. Free games arent regulated by SCEA or anyone else... to a larger degree you can cheat and its no big deal. On FF, your player(s) were stored on their servers, so you couldnt use codes to change them, or the playing field. It may be different now, but that is the biggest reason i didnt play NFS Underground 2 online... i didnt want the hassle and frustration.
I've found a few cheaters and I've just started playing. That's why I stick to BF2 mostly.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

i'm on NFS underground 2, lol, forgot there was more than one.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Red Z
I've found a few cheaters and I've just started playing. That's why I stick to BF2 mostly.

Yeah i actually had more fun repeatedly running with new guys like me that were there for a good time. Chatting with them and setting up races knowing you were there for fun and not cheating made it worth getting online. Busting the butt of an unsuspecting Rep King in a 2 lap run with a name change/car color change... and taking half his rep was quite invigorating too...LOL After all this Ps2 chat earlier i wheeled 30 laps of Nurburgring on GT4... i REALLY wished they had made it online capable... it would probably STILL be a king amongst the games.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DaveW
After all this Ps2 chat earlier i wheeled 30 laps of Nurburgring on GT4... i REALLY wished they had made it online capable... it would probably STILL be a king amongst the games.

Hmm, I have GT4, I thought that it was online capable...??? Or is LAN capable a completely different thing? This is what I was looking at.

Oh well, either way, TOCA3 is for sure online. I want to try that soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Gran Turismo4 case.JPG (30.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Well my GT4 says i can play with other Ps2's though a router to other Ps2's... similar to the i-Link. You basically have to have as many Ps2's and TV's as you want players, and you link through the router so you dont lose gaming quality. Its great if you have three kids and three Ps2's and TV's and all of them wanna race each other in their own rooms on a full screen, no split screen. But to my understanding there is no server for GT4 like other games online.

I just started the game Black on Ps2... that game is cool... and VERY hard. I died on the second mission trying to cross the border. Troops came out of every nook and cranny. Blew up a truck and then tossed a grenade... a troop came out of a store room behind me and i was toast... turned around just in time for him to wax me.
Old 03-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rs4rallydriver
You mean a wireless router? so, I could hook it up to the PC and the PS2 wirelessly at the same time? Hmmm, never thought about that. How Much does the (PS2 online) monthly service cost? (I bet that is a "newbie" type question, but I never gave it serious consideration before)

its free as long as you have a internet connection in your house already, (im Pretty sure) if you do wanna do your ps2 wirelessly you need this adapter thing
Old 04-01-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

i'm not wireless, but then again my ps2 is 4 feet from my computer, lol. A router is the best way to go though.