Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
What did you buy yourself today? >

What did you buy yourself today?

Like Tree1617Likes

What did you buy yourself today?

Old 11-16-2021, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If it is to hold down your SxS, you might want to look into having some loops welded or bolted to the side or your trailers frame. That track system is great, but your SxS is a little too heavy and will cause the track to bend or loosen. I have seen it happen to a couple of my buddies.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

a commemorative wrench celebrating the 55th anniversary of Hot VW's magazine (10mm at one end and 13 at the other), Schley Brothers Autographed Insert Card, and blue window sticker.
and while i was at it,
4 back issues cause why not. May 89, April 91, June 92, and January 94.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 11-17-2021, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Cheap license plate bracket thing from Amazon. But, i got 30 days free Amazon prime, so free two day shipping and I'll watch some movies before it's up.

I'm surprised i got 30 day trial, i only canceled my original prime membership maybe a year ago.

Holy crap The Tomorrow War is really off to a bad start.

Last edited by Dave_S; 11-17-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Tomorrow war is one of those movies, like all zombie movies, where you really have to throw all commonsense about reality right out the door and just enjoy it for what it is... a movie with aliens and excessive violence. I really do love the twist at the end.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Tomorrow war is one of those movies, like all zombie movies, where you really have to throw all commonsense about reality right out the door and just enjoy it for what it is... a movie with aliens and excessive violence. I really do love the twist at the end.
in the end it wasn't all terrible and I'd probably give it 6 out of 10. I liked some of the things they did. I was also glad mostly everyone survived.

In other movie news Shang Chi is on Disney plus now and i thought it was pretty decent. The dragon was really cool.

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
in the end it wasn't all terrible and I'd probably give it 6 out of 10. I liked some of the things they did. I was also glad mostly everyone survived.

In other movie news Shang Chi is on Disney plus now and i thought it was pretty decent. The dragon was really cool.

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10.

I agree.. on all you just said.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Probably against my better judgement i completely disregarded offroadjunkies advice and i got e track style wheel chocks for the side by side. Hopefully they don't fail, they have mostly all good reviews so we'll see.

Also the hardware that came with them wasn't exactly long enough, so i got 100 grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, nuts and fender washers. I had to switch to standard hardware instead of metric like it came with. I wanted it finished today and i thought no local stores carry a decent selection of metric hardware. Later in day i realized we have a fastenal store in Rockford and they probably had what i needed, but what's done is done.

It can really kill the momentum of a project when you have to stop halfway through and go to hardware store.
Old 11-24-2021, 02:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DaveS View Post

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10. I watch them on Nintendo Switch after I ordered that detail on Aliexpress.
Switch is a great gadget for watching movies, true
The other day ordered another Spyderco knife. Hope that in a couple hours will have it. Can't say that I am mad about knives but some specimens make me spend money on them no matter the price.
King DORK likes this.

Last edited by Charles Roarke; 11-30-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-24-2021, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

A bunch of Hot Wheels cars. They look nice and they cost less than RCs.
jiml and jchammbone like this.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

My first ever Castle system.....
Old 11-25-2021, 09:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Absolutely nothing. But I SO want one of these:

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...-surplus/68623
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 11-26-2021, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Only spyderco knife I own is a bug hangs on my phone case been on 1 for 7 years ..I have many hundreds of others ..from Boker to Benchmade
Old 11-26-2021, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Considered getting a Reflex 14B with a coupon code but instead purchased an LC Racing EMB-1 buggy plus upgrade parts at normal pricing. So yeah, that was my Black Friday purchase, which really I could have done at any time.
Raguvian and Dave_S like this.
Old 11-27-2021, 08:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKWAV View Post
Considered getting a Reflex 14B with a coupon code but instead purchased an LC Racing EMB-1 buggy plus upgrade parts at normal pricing. So yeah, that was my Black Friday purchase, which really I could have done at any time.
Nice! I've been looking at the truggy pro kit with the parts to convert it to a stadium truck.

Where did you order yours from?
Old 11-27-2021, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Probably against my better judgement i completely disregarded offroadjunkies advice and i got e track style wheel chocks for the side by side. Hopefully they don't fail, they have mostly all good reviews so we'll see.

Also the hardware that came with them wasn't exactly long enough, so i got 100 grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, nuts and fender washers. I had to switch to standard hardware instead of metric like it came with. I wanted it finished today and i thought no local stores carry a decent selection of metric hardware. Later in day i realized we have a fastenal store in Rockford and they probably had what i needed, but what's done is done.

It can really kill the momentum of a project when you have to stop halfway through and go to hardware store.
If you through bolt it with big washers it will hold up better. Just using lag bolts will disappoint.
Dave_S likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.