Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
What did you buy yourself today? >

What did you buy yourself today?

Like Tree1617Likes

What did you buy yourself today?

Old 11-16-2021, 02:52 PM
  #1906  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
OffRoadJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: California
Posts: 2,347
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If it is to hold down your SxS, you might want to look into having some loops welded or bolted to the side or your trailers frame. That track system is great, but your SxS is a little too heavy and will cause the track to bend or loosen. I have seen it happen to a couple of my buddies.
Dave_S likes this.
OffRoadJunkie is offline  
Old 11-17-2021, 06:19 PM
  #1907  
Tech Elite
 
st_dragn_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 1993-1997
Posts: 4,298
Default

a commemorative wrench celebrating the 55th anniversary of Hot VW's magazine (10mm at one end and 13 at the other), Schley Brothers Autographed Insert Card, and blue window sticker.
and while i was at it,
4 back issues cause why not. May 89, April 91, June 92, and January 94.
Dave_S likes this.
st_dragn_wagen is offline  
Old 11-17-2021, 09:30 PM
  #1908  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I like things.
Posts: 6,912
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Cheap license plate bracket thing from Amazon. But, i got 30 days free Amazon prime, so free two day shipping and I'll watch some movies before it's up.

I'm surprised i got 30 day trial, i only canceled my original prime membership maybe a year ago.

Holy crap The Tomorrow War is really off to a bad start.

Last edited by Dave_S; 11-17-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Dave_S is offline  
Old 11-18-2021, 05:45 PM
  #1909  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
OffRoadJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: California
Posts: 2,347
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Tomorrow war is one of those movies, like all zombie movies, where you really have to throw all commonsense about reality right out the door and just enjoy it for what it is... a movie with aliens and excessive violence. I really do love the twist at the end.
Dave_S likes this.
OffRoadJunkie is offline  
Old 11-18-2021, 06:04 PM
  #1910  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I like things.
Posts: 6,912
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie View Post
Tomorrow war is one of those movies, like all zombie movies, where you really have to throw all commonsense about reality right out the door and just enjoy it for what it is... a movie with aliens and excessive violence. I really do love the twist at the end.
in the end it wasn't all terrible and I'd probably give it 6 out of 10. I liked some of the things they did. I was also glad mostly everyone survived.

In other movie news Shang Chi is on Disney plus now and i thought it was pretty decent. The dragon was really cool.

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10.
Dave_S is offline  
Old 11-18-2021, 06:54 PM
  #1911  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
OffRoadJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: California
Posts: 2,347
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
in the end it wasn't all terrible and I'd probably give it 6 out of 10. I liked some of the things they did. I was also glad mostly everyone survived.

In other movie news Shang Chi is on Disney plus now and i thought it was pretty decent. The dragon was really cool.

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10.

I agree.. on all you just said.
Dave_S likes this.
OffRoadJunkie is offline  
Old 11-22-2021, 04:09 PM
  #1912  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Dave_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I like things.
Posts: 6,912
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Probably against my better judgement i completely disregarded offroadjunkies advice and i got e track style wheel chocks for the side by side. Hopefully they don't fail, they have mostly all good reviews so we'll see.

Also the hardware that came with them wasn't exactly long enough, so i got 100 grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, nuts and fender washers. I had to switch to standard hardware instead of metric like it came with. I wanted it finished today and i thought no local stores carry a decent selection of metric hardware. Later in day i realized we have a fastenal store in Rockford and they probably had what i needed, but what's done is done.

It can really kill the momentum of a project when you have to stop halfway through and go to hardware store.
Dave_S is offline  
Old 11-24-2021, 02:13 PM
  #1913  
Tech Rookie
 
Charles Roarke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
in the end it wasn't all terrible and I'd probably give it 6 out of 10. I liked some of the things they did. I was also glad mostly everyone survived.

In other movie news Shang Chi is on Disney plus now and i thought it was pretty decent. The dragon was really cool.

I'm watching Red Notice on Netflix now. Probably another 6 out of 10. I watch them on Nintendo Switch after I ordered that detail on Aliexpress.
Switch is a great gadget for watching movies, true
The other day ordered another Spyderco knife. Hope that in a couple hours will have it. Can't say that I am mad about knives but some specimens make me spend money on them no matter the price.
King DORK likes this.

Last edited by Charles Roarke; 11-30-2021 at 06:26 AM.
Charles Roarke is offline  
Old 11-24-2021, 10:59 PM
  #1914  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
fyrstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Virginia, Near DC, USA
Posts: 7,243
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

A bunch of Hot Wheels cars. They look nice and they cost less than RCs.
jiml and jchammbone like this.
fyrstormer is offline  
Old 11-25-2021, 10:58 AM
  #1915  
Tech Champion
 
Sir 51D3WAYS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Stuck in urban hell
Posts: 5,087
Default

My first ever Castle system.....
Sir 51D3WAYS is offline  
Old 11-25-2021, 09:42 PM
  #1916  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,422
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Absolutely nothing. But I SO want one of these:

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/produ...-surplus/68623
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
wingracer is offline  
Old 11-26-2021, 09:05 AM
  #1917  
Tech Elite
 
the rc guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Detroit
Posts: 2,932
Default

Only spyderco knife I own is a bug hangs on my phone case been on 1 for 7 years ..I have many hundreds of others ..from Boker to Benchmade
the rc guy is offline  
Old 11-26-2021, 10:38 PM
  #1918  
Tech Regular
 
DARKWAV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 426
Default

Considered getting a Reflex 14B with a coupon code but instead purchased an LC Racing EMB-1 buggy plus upgrade parts at normal pricing. So yeah, that was my Black Friday purchase, which really I could have done at any time.
Raguvian and Dave_S like this.
DARKWAV is offline  
Old 11-27-2021, 08:00 PM
  #1919  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 626
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DARKWAV View Post
Considered getting a Reflex 14B with a coupon code but instead purchased an LC Racing EMB-1 buggy plus upgrade parts at normal pricing. So yeah, that was my Black Friday purchase, which really I could have done at any time.
Nice! I've been looking at the truggy pro kit with the parts to convert it to a stadium truck.

Where did you order yours from?
Raguvian is online now  
Old 11-27-2021, 10:06 PM
  #1920  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Digit09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,923
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Probably against my better judgement i completely disregarded offroadjunkies advice and i got e track style wheel chocks for the side by side. Hopefully they don't fail, they have mostly all good reviews so we'll see.

Also the hardware that came with them wasn't exactly long enough, so i got 100 grade 8 bolts, washers, lock washers, nuts and fender washers. I had to switch to standard hardware instead of metric like it came with. I wanted it finished today and i thought no local stores carry a decent selection of metric hardware. Later in day i realized we have a fastenal store in Rockford and they probably had what i needed, but what's done is done.

It can really kill the momentum of a project when you have to stop halfway through and go to hardware store.
If you through bolt it with big washers it will hold up better. Just using lag bolts will disappoint.
Dave_S likes this.
Digit09 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.