Losing interest in TC, it's the bodies >

Losing interest in TC, it's the bodies

Like Tree11Likes

Losing interest in TC, it's the bodies

Old 04-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Losing interest in TC, it's the bodies

Got back into RC in 2014, when TC bodies still looked like cars....not door stops we see today. I like the speed of 17.5 but the bodies are turning into a major turn off. I've been running the Bitty M410 since it came out because the options are way too sloped to resemble a real car. I also run USGT due to the better looking bodies, but the TC bodies like the new Zoo body simply look goofy with the exaggerated bump on the roof.

The governing bodies need to stop approving every body that is put in front of them and lets get back to bodies that resemble real cars. That would put bodies like the D9, JP8 and the Zoo body....and possibly 1 or 2 more into early retirement.

Something needs to be done....BEFORE TC racing goes the way of 1/12, 1/8th and slotcars, where bodies are unidentifiable.

OK...rant over....thank you!
Old 04-15-2019, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 311 (100%+)

I agree, the Zoo Bodies are the latest flavor of the month over here, and I hate them, they don't look like anything! The M410 my son calls the BMW lid, so that's ok, even the Protoform D9 looks like something sort of, but these Zooracing, Dogs Bollox, seriously with that name and how it looks like someone squished the front of it against a pane of glass, it's like someone's decided to take the piss, see what they can design and how many muppets fall for it because they get a few bigwigs to say it's the best for handling etc.

Seems to be working as they are out of stock everywhere, is that a testament to how good they are or how dumb we are?

Don't expect action from regulatory bodies, besides verbal attacks on social media to quell the vocal dissidents. Run what YOU like and let the rabble do what they want to do. Only takes one off for the latest aero advantage of the squishy nosed Dogs body to be null and void.
simple likes this.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's why we have USGT and VTA....
disaster999 and jiml like this.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yea def see where you are coming from. Even in GT is seems everyone want to run the bitty designs body with flame painted on and what not. I love running the tamiya bodies or even hpi with all the decals and even side mirrors but i know im in the minority there.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

I completely agree. I run a Bittydesign MC10 as it looks a bit like the modern muscle cars, at least the front does. Otherwise they look like blobs. Its the same in offroad, they all have the cab forward design and flames, bring back the Boomerang and Fox.

We don't have any classes like VTA here but I wish we did. We do have Tamiya TT02 where they encourage realistic bodies but theres nothing in the rules to enforce it
Old 04-16-2019, 01:02 AM
Tech Initiate

More scale-themed events would be cool. No blob body classes, just F1, Mini, USGT and VTA, perhaps FWD?

I'm in a similar pickle too, in that I need to buy a body for 21.5. Seems to be a bit of a mish-mash of bodies at our track, from drift Silvia bodies, to whatever's cheap on RCMart, to the current carpet body of the month. I'm a big fan of TCR racing, so I'm tempted to grab a PF Europa or 3Racing Civic (Yeah ok, it's really a WTCC car), or even the Opel Astra TCR, just to be different.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

At least TC bodies are not as bad as 4wd off-road.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Otto, where have you been? This has been going on for 15 years! Vintage Trans Am exists because of the body issue.

The bodies are shaped they way they are for aerodynamics. You even have different versions of bodies for spec and open classes. Racers are not going to give that up. The high level racers don't care what the bodies look like. Even now that the USGT class has become more popular, you have body companies pushing the limit of the rules to get that advantage, violating the spirit of the body rules. As long as people buy it, they're gonna sell it. Yes, it leaves scale racers out in the cold, but that's the way things are.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
That's why we have USGT and VTA....
VTA definitely. But USGT is moving away from it.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

VTA definitely. But USGT is moving away from it.

The racers strike again
st_dragn_wagen and racer1812 like this.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by OttoKrosse View Post
Got back into RC in 2014, when TC bodies still looked like cars....not door stops we see today. I like the speed of 17.5 but the bodies are turning into a major turn off. I've been running the Bitty M410 since it came out because the options are way too sloped to resemble a real car. I also run USGT due to the better looking bodies, but the TC bodies like the new Zoo body simply look goofy with the exaggerated bump on the roof.

The governing bodies need to stop approving every body that is put in front of them and lets get back to bodies that resemble real cars. That would put bodies like the D9, JP8 and the Zoo body....and possibly 1 or 2 more into early retirement.

Something needs to be done....BEFORE TC racing goes the way of 1/12, 1/8th and slotcars, where bodies are unidentifiable.

OK...rant over....thank you!
yeah, i remember back in 2000ish. TC's were all the rage and we had body, wheel, and tire options coming out the ass. JDM and the sport compact tuner market was in full effect and RC was mimicking it. hell even racers were using a dodge stratus body that looked like a dodge stratus!
it was an awesome era to be around in. the creativity was unreal.

today all we have is some Tamiya stuff and VTA. and VTA is going to go down the crapper mark my words. racers are going to destroy that to. they're already bitching about tires and what was run with outdated chassis' is now being run with modern chassis', so they're already moving in that direction, gotta take that .00000000000000000000000000000001 off each lap just wait until they figure out which body "works best" and manufactures will start aero blobbing those the the point of stickerless nonrecognition
Old 04-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Wow You have some clock ! Nuke clocks are only accurate to 10 to the -9th
Old 04-16-2019, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

And yet there are racers looking for that (wait, how many zeroes is that?)

I remember a racer complaining about how much power a personal transponder took
Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
And yet there are racers looking for that (wait, how many zeroes is that?)

I remember a racer complaining about how much power a personal transponder took
wow. And I thought that cut teeth off belts was obsessive.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Too late now.

People wanting to run completely fast, no scale, bodies and tires, should have been forced into 1/12th scale years ago.

Every cool new class gets ruined. Hopefully gtr stays on path.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service