The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread" >

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Like Tree7558Likes

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Old 06-29-2020, 09:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
If everyone else is holding-out to see if the clay track can reach a critical mass of drivers, then you holding-out too will just make the problem worse.

The old rabbit probably sees the young rabbit as a threat to its resources. Maybe feed the old one first while the young one waits, so the old one feels more secure.
Iíll keep going as much as I can. Iím just not sure buying a another buggy to have separate clay and carpet buggy are going to be needed.Itís been rough passing up on deals I would have jumped at a year ago. Thereís one here selling both a 2 and 4wheel that would be a great deal. Due to limits on how many can be in the carpet pit area, spacing people 6 feet apart would mean about 8 people only, itís going to be pavement racing for them next few months. I can practice on the carpet, but no racing.

Iím trying to get more info about this track south of me. It looks great. Brand new pavement on road. And a nice outdoor dirt track. But they only have Friday and Saturday hours currently. No open practice days. Just a couple hours for practice before racing starts. A 90 minute drive for maybe an hour of very limited practice isnít worth the drive to me.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't disagree with that value judgement. A 90-minute drive for any amount of RCing isn't worth the drive to me.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
Welp the situation with the new rabbit is interesting the old one wants to kill it
I'm thinking Mortal Kombat: Rabbit Edition.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:53 AM
Tech Lord

I can't disagree with that value judgement. A 90-minute drive for any amount of RCing isn't worth the drive to me.
I was very close to taking a 3-4 hour drive two weeks ago. I still want to go try the place. But after talking to a number here that run there. Summer is very unpredictable for how many show. I’m trying to not waste having Saturday off.

I got my unemployment money. No more stupid phone calls. I didn’t get covered for the full time I wasn’t working, but it’s enuff to cover some of my bills.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 06-30-2020 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Using a proxy shopper to pre-order things from japan is a pain.
fyrstormer likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I was very close to taking a 3-4 hour drive two weeks ago.
Driving a real car 6-8 hours round trip to drive a toy car for a couple hours? Man, living in the Midwest really is a whole different lifestyle. I suppose it's easier to drive such long distances when the roads are straight, flat, and mostly un-crowded.
Sir 51D3WAYS and jchammbone like this.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM
Tech Lord

Driving a real car 6-8 hours round trip to drive a toy car for a couple hours? Man, living in the Midwest really is a whole different lifestyle. I suppose it's easier to drive such long distances when the roads are straight, flat, and mostly un-crowded.
Until recently Iíd have never considered it. Saturday had been basically a work day since I started as a caddy when I was 12. Now that I have the time. I donít want to just waste the days off.

The worst part of the drive is the first 60 miles. The expressway(toll road) is under construction again. And normally Saturday would have crazy traffic for Great America park north of OíHare. Once past that. Itís a pretty smooth drive. Though Iíve not been in Wisconsin since 1999.

Long drives was once part of my daily life. Back when I was towing. Iíd do 3-500 miles a day.

Thereís 2 places in Wisconsin Iíd like to try. Another is in Madison. Huge MiniZ track. Iím one of the few that hasnít been there. But itís always been Saturday for their stuff.

i do agree itís more then a little crazy. But why not.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Madison is nice city, probably worth the drive for occasional Saturday huge mini z track. It's only around 2 hours to get there for me. (My main medical facility is in Madison)
Old 06-30-2020, 01:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Madison is nice city, probably worth the drive for occasional Saturday huge mini z track. It's only around 2 hours to get there for me. (My main medical facility is in Madison)
Tracks hobbies. Looks like they just started to re-open in Sundayís. There track is twice, if not more then the Sidewinderz group I race with

https://m.facebook.com/TracksHobbies/
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

after phrasing the same question 5 different ways I am still not sure if my preorder did go in and I was able to get one of the items. I doubt it tho as the item was literally in stock for 1 minute before instantly selling out. On other news, I bought some new bulbs for my car and fireworks
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

after phrasing the same question 5 different ways I am still not sure if my preorder did go in and I was able to get one of the items. I doubt it tho as the item was literally in stock for 1 minute before instantly selling out. On other news, I bought some new bulbs for my car and fireworks
you get any salutes? Those are my favorite fireworks.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Below is one of several that where bought
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:31 PM
Tech Lord

Below is one of several that where bought
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYv5...ture=emb_title
Are fireworks ďlegalĒ in Florida? Usually last week and this week the State police watch the sellers in Indiana for all the Illinois cars in the parking lots. Then as they cross back the Illinois state police stop what they can find. One of my coworkers friends did a Kentucky run a few weeks back. $3,500 on fireworks. Heís south of me in one of the little farm towns. The local police/mayor have pretty much given him the ok to do the towns fireworks display.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

ground fireworks depending on what can be considered sparklers are legal, flying fireworks, on the other hand, illegal but I don't think most pay attention to that every Walmart I know of has a firework tent next to it always selling firework during the weeks leading up to major holidays. My parents live close to a guy that literally set of fireworks every other weekend, I don't know where the hell he gets the money for them but as far as I know his still setting them off.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Feel like my central sleep apnea is acting up during the day. So that's been exciting.

I want fireworks every year, but never manage to get them. Old friend of mine used to spend several thousand every year. I think that might have stopped after he accidently blew up his Ford explorer.

It's easiest for me to go to Wisconsin for fireworks, but haven't bought any in twenty years.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.