Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread" >

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Like Tree1395Likes

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Old 01-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Private jet. Start in New York at midnight, fly west a catch midnight in each time zone.

Or fly overseas a cross international dateline
if you can fly westward around the world faster than 24 hours you will travel back in time. Pretty sure that's a fact.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Ok went thru my paints and these are the colors I have pactra racing red pactra outlaw black pactra aqua wave and tamiya black not sure what color to go with should I go solid color or a fade with either the aqua to black or red to black
Old 01-21-2019, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Well just received an infraction for a post I made went to find the offending pic and can't find it. I did the crime n I do the time
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
I'd vote for any of the Tamiyas. Never underestimate the bashability of a plastic chassis Tamiya.

I just remembered, don't they sell an rtr tt-02?
Edit: found it:Tamiya 1/10 XB Porsche Carrera RSR TT-02 4WD w/ESC RTR EP #57866,
The rtr tt-02 is not a particularly great value for money. No ball bearings, plastic shafts and friction shocks. Pass from me. There are some nicer package deals from tamiya but I am not a very big fan of the standard tt-02. I think I might have to consider the used market as well.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, 2019 first drift win came from a surprising chassis, already took off the servo to give it a new front one way I think I may be one of the main cause of kx-one one way being hard ass hell to find lol. The 2 in 1 tazer was a champ like always love that little combo.

Also, ejtnt my vote goes to the tb03 they are great chassis below is mind and its been a very low maintenance chassis.
Sir 51D3WAYS, Dave_S and ThePanda like this.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
if you can fly westward around the world faster than 24 hours you will travel back in time. Pretty sure that's a fact.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

OH Dave be carful with that time machine idea I saw a movie when I was a kid and time travel did not go so well if I remember right.

jiml and Dave_S like this.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Funny with all the colonoscopy talking, DjMedic made a video yesterday saying that he has been diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I really hope he starts feeling better and getting healthier and stronger soon. His videos have provided a lot of fun and information while I was not on my best days.

Dave_S likes this.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
Well, 2019 first drift win came from a surprising chassis, already took off the servo to give it a new front one way I think I may be one of the main cause of kx-one one way being hard ass hell to find lol. The 2 in 1 tazer was a champ like always love that little combo.

Also, ejtnt my vote goes to the tb03 they are great chassis below is mind and its been a very low maintenance chassis.
We had a discussion about this one way bearing in a previous version of this thread... Have you considered contacting a bearing supplier/manufacturer directly and see what they offer? Maybe they can do a custom production run....
Can you 3D print one way bearings?!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:41 AM
Tech Champion

Wind is annoying. Warning today to around 30, but 15-20mph winds make it feel colder. Edited 2 more videos from Sunday.

Need to get back to and finish the MG and the FGX. And get going on the others. Knew it was ambitious to plan on building 5 kits over winter.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

TB03 is a great chassis, you can only run "round" stick lipo batteries on the stock tub, but its pretty easy to dremel and make a standard rectangle pack fit. Same with ta05, something to think about.

If your buddy is not going to be using this car a lot or is a complete beginner, I would consider not recommending any of tamiyas mid grade cars. the TT01/02 are truly beginner cars. Not much to setup, and not much to go wrong. Repairs are easy and spares and upgrades to make it a tank are cheap. You also get body/esc/ and motor. Much more goes into building and running a ta/tb series car. still forgiving but more finicky to setup and are a bit prone to chassis tweak. Budget for bearings on a TT02
Old 01-22-2019, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Speedy little ants.

I'm curious, why are mini z so popular? Is it the small scale that makes them easy to use anywhere?
I remember looking into mini z a few years ago and I kept thinking "holy cow, these could get expensive real fast, I could get an entry level 1/10 for the same price."
Old 01-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
We had a discussion about this one way bearing in a previous version of this thread... Have you considered contacting a bearing supplier/manufacturer directly and see what they offer? Maybe they can do a custom production run....
Can you 3D print one way bearings?!
yea we talked about it. Like before getting the bearing isn't the problem it is removing it from the aluminum housing and that been too much of a pain. Recently I got a good deal from a fellow in Japan that had a ton of them I did a bulk buy of them so I am pretty much set for some time and once I do deplete them I think I will just end up switching to a diff in the front and see about locking it or try these out but haven't found much on them.

Old 01-22-2019, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Got the body in the mail today gonna throw paint on it at fedex tonight. Think I'm gonna do a red to black fade on it

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service