The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread" >

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Like Tree2567Likes

The official Useless "I have nothing better to do thread"

Old 04-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Tamiyadan; 04-17-2019 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THE MENACE IS REAL:

Dave_S likes this.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tamiyadan View Post
on long island i don't think anything at the moment.

you have to go upstate or west before you hit a track.

sad part.. my building for my company i have an empty lot and a parking lot. if the city caught me doing anything where a bunch of people were on it they would shut me down so fast it would make your head spin.
the best was i had a machine installed in the building and the crane took up the parking lot so we all parked on the empty lot. this had to occur for about 1 week. the city sent me 10 summons and everyone got a parking ticket that i had to fight. keep in mind, this is my lot i own it, it is fenced and private. city ticketed and summoned the hell out of me. then they started that the empty lot was unpaved parking and that that broke a bunch of city codes. IE lawyers over nothing.

It is one thing if you run over to some DOT Lot and throw the car down and drive for like 10 minutes but you try to organize something and your are hosed by the government that is the problem, if you setup and stay somewhere for the day they are going to ticket you hard.

back in 2009 at Anthoney Casemento park a guy figured out that the DOT land behind the park was not being used so people would hit it with ATVs and dirt bikes. so he tried to turn it into a track after he almost got ticketed running at another place on the weekends. so basically that entire thing got shutdown. the best was some kid tore up a school with a 1/8 gas truck around that time the cops confiscated the truck and claimed he damaged property he had to go to court and they find him 2000$ for "ruining the grass" he had to forfeit the truck to pay the fine. this is why you can't really go anywhere on public land for any length of time or attempt to setup something with people you will wall get busted and tossed out.

see i started to learn how insane things are in NY about 2 years ago. i wanted to fly model rockets for my cousin and nephew. hell after 911 you can't do anything on public property. so while yes i could run into a park launch a rocket and then run back to the car. the reality is that is not possible if you are dragging 2 kids under 10 with you plus parents to setup a picnic and fly model rockets. you have to be in the middle of winter not a soul in sight run into the park setup launch, capture maybe 1-2 more times and then get out before some ahole calls the cops on you to get off their lawn.
Actually I meant in northern Il around Batavia.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
@ejtnt, why won't you be able to get on here? Surely with a computer based, office based job, you can skive off and come on here?
Due to the fact I will be working a lot from home, the computer will be monitored. Also I will be working quite a bit on site at the offices of clients. Being on the forum while on the clock probably would not be a very good idea.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

also ROAR can rot in hell
Why? I promise, I am not trying to get you banned or cause any trouble to this thread. I am just curious.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kregger View Post
Actually I meant in northern Il around Batavia.
Basically racing in Illinois is on death watch. Lake in the Hills, Leisure and now Windy City. Basically HobbyTown St.Charles is left standing. Despite over 5 million people in whatís become Chicagoland, thereís not enuff to support at track anymore. Thereís a small chance that our group in Orland might continue, but Iím not optimistic.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

simple. 2 people buy a product, 1 is a customer buying directly from the manufacture the other is a distributor.
the manufacturer sells the product for the same price and will not sell lower to the distributor. how is the distributor suppose to make a profit in selling the product?

this is the same as how NIKE screwed mom and pop shoe stores.
they open a NIKE store and sell direct to the customer. so mom and pop don't have a chance because nobody buys buster brown shoes.
Manufacturers do the same thing with sponsorship for everybody that has a warm body and a Facebook page - they give the "sponsored" driver a discount on parts and cut out the hobby shop. Most of these "Sponsored" drivers can't drive a RC car out of a paper bag......, but they sure buy a lot of shirts and stickers.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ejtnt View Post
Due to the fact I will be working a lot from home, the computer will be monitored. Also I will be working quite a bit on site at the offices of clients. Being on the forum while on the clock probably would not be a very good idea.
Well, sh*t.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

on long island i don't think anything at the moment.

you have to go upstate or west before you hit a track.

sad part.. my building for my company i have an empty lot and a parking lot. if the city caught me doing anything where a bunch of people were on it they would shut me down so fast it would make your head spin.
the best was i had a machine installed in the building and the crane took up the parking lot so we all parked on the empty lot. this had to occur for about 1 week. the city sent me 10 summons and everyone got a parking ticket that i had to fight. keep in mind, this is my lot i own it, it is fenced and private. city ticketed and summoned the hell out of me. then they started that the empty lot was unpaved parking and that that broke a bunch of city codes. IE lawyers over nothing.

It is one thing if you run over to some DOT Lot and throw the car down and drive for like 10 minutes but you try to organize something and your are hosed by the government that is the problem, if you setup and stay somewhere for the day they are going to ticket you hard.

back in 2009 at Anthoney Casemento park a guy figured out that the DOT land behind the park was not being used so people would hit it with ATVs and dirt bikes. so he tried to turn it into a track after he almost got ticketed running at another place on the weekends. so basically that entire thing got shutdown. the best was some kid tore up a school with a 1/8 gas truck around that time the cops confiscated the truck and claimed he damaged property he had to go to court and they find him 2000$ for "ruining the grass" he had to forfeit the truck to pay the fine. this is why you can't really go anywhere on public land for any length of time or attempt to setup something with people you will wall get busted and tossed out.

see i started to learn how insane things are in NY about 2 years ago. i wanted to fly model rockets for my cousin and nephew. hell after 911 you can't do anything on public property. so while yes i could run into a park launch a rocket and then run back to the car. the reality is that is not possible if you are dragging 2 kids under 10 with you plus parents to setup a picnic and fly model rockets. you have to be in the middle of winter not a soul in sight run into the park setup launch, capture maybe 1-2 more times and then get out before some ahole calls the cops on you to get off their lawn.
NY has officially lost its' mind. You mean you and your homies can't get together somewhere quiet-ish and race around? Or drift alone on a patch of smooth concrete? That in and of itself is the death knell of RC. The fact that you can't go out and simply play somewhere a bit secluded (for safety reasons) straight up spells the end of RC in NY. Why is this the case? Has there been a concerted protest/objection to this?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whats up Sir sideways!?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Not much... Finished installing ball diffs and the front anti roll bar on the YZ4.
I need to know tho, what is the loneliest job ever? Like even your boss forgets you exist.... Cos I want it.
This job sucks... waaaaaayyyy too much pressure and people to deal with. Whatever you do in life, don't go into aviation...
Old 04-16-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Not much... Finished installing ball diffs and the front anti roll bar on the YZ4.
I need to know tho, what is the loneliest job ever? Like even your boss forgets you exist.... Cos I want it.
This job sucks... waaaaaayyyy too much pressure and people to deal with. Whatever you do in life, don't go into aviation...
Lighthouse caretaker. The profession is getting automated though, sooooo.
Sir 51D3WAYS likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

^good one, any other suggestions?
Old 04-16-2019, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

^good one, any other suggestions?
Forest fire tower watcher. Iíd actually take this one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service