Like Tree40Likes

Other hobbies?

Reply

Old 12-10-2018, 09:32 AM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Other hobbies?

Just curious as to what other hobbies you guys are into. I build computers and voltmod them so i can overclock them. Im also into minibikes, me and my boys have a blast on them. I also like to modify real cars, though i havent done that much lately. So what other things do you guys do when not into RC?
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:23 AM
  #2  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 242
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have too many hobbies.
-RC Helicopter 3D
-Saltwater/Freshwater fishing
-Traditional barebow archery
-Cycling
-Camping
-DIY / Home renovation
VoltageDrop likes this.
johnzhou2476 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:31 AM
  #3  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (80)
 
SuperFastSnail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 789
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

I know this may sound super childish but I have started buying Hot Wheels and similar size vehicles. I grew up on Burnin Key Cars and Micro Machines but as of late, Hot Wheels has been releasing some really cool 50th Anniversary Editions that is super detailed. They aren't your $0.95 Walmart prices. These are getting close to the $10/each range.
SuperFastSnail is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:56 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
 
st_dragn_wagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: lost in space
Posts: 1,070
Default

building model cars (also have a small collection of diecast cars)
collecting and playing old school videos games
BMX
working on/building/driving/racing cars
had an off and on thing with playing guitar over the past 20something years (no, im not any good)
VoltageDrop likes this.
st_dragn_wagen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:31 PM
  #5  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Posts: 37
Default

my main hobby is kart racing with rc in 2nd
i also like running
cycling
traveling
into disc golf off and on
going to sprint car races
hiking
VoltageDrop likes this.
ahe243 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM
  #6  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by johnzhou2476 View Post
I have too many hobbies.
-RC Helicopter 3D
-Saltwater/Freshwater fishing
-Traditional barebow archery
-Cycling
-Camping
-DIY / Home renovation
Thats awesome! I do diy and renovations but only to make my home look nice lol.

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail View Post
I know this may sound super childish but I have started buying Hot Wheels and similar size vehicles. I grew up on Burnin Key Cars and Micro Machines but as of late, Hot Wheels has been releasing some really cool 50th Anniversary Editions that is super detailed. They aren't your $0.95 Walmart prices. These are getting close to the $10/each range.
Nothing childish about that at all. I used to collect them a long time ago until i sold 95% of them. Kept a few thats worth 50+

Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
building model cars (also have a small collection of diecast cars)
collecting and playing old school videos games
BMX
working on/building/driving/racing cars
had an off and on thing with playing guitar over the past 20something years (no, im not any good)
Never played instruments but when i was younger i used to always have the coolest bmxs from haros to gts

Originally Posted by ahe243 View Post
my main hobby is kart racing with rc in 2nd
i also like running
cycling
traveling
into disc golf off and on
going to sprint car races
hiking
man i really want to get me and my boys into kart racing but it would be super expensive for the 3 of us lol. I want a few margays and all gears and tuning options lol
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:27 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Posts: 1,118
Default

Riding motorcycles. 49 years
model car building... since 1960... 1/24 to 1/8 scale. over 100 of them done.
Amateur Radio ( Ham Radio )
wood working.
electronic prototyping.
Camping.. both Camper and motorcycle camping.
building Chevy small block engines... many over 500hp. ( retired now )
restoring 1970 to 1976 Honda CB750 motorcycles.
bicycling... I average 600 miles per year.. I am 67 years old. but have bicycled all my life.

most challenging.. restoring the engine and mechanics on a 1911 Maxwell car...
Thank You Crawford Auto Museum ( Cleveland Ohio ) with documentation and specifications

home DIY.. is not a hobby for me.. when you live in a 125 year old farm house..
chuck_thehammer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:51 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer View Post
Riding motorcycles. 49 years
model car building... since 1960... 1/24 to 1/8 scale. over 100 of them done.
Amateur Radio ( Ham Radio )
wood working.
electronic prototyping.
Camping.. both Camper and motorcycle camping.
building Chevy small block engines... many over 500hp. ( retired now )
restoring 1970 to 1976 Honda CB750 motorcycles.
bicycling... I average 600 miles per year.. I am 67 years old. but have bicycled all my life.

most challenging.. restoring the engine and mechanics on a 1911 Maxwell car...
Thank You Crawford Auto Museum ( Cleveland Ohio ) with documentation and specifications

home DIY.. is not a hobby for me.. when you live in a 125 year old farm house..
That is cool chuck! Ive worked on a lot of cars and modified them but ive never done a complete restoration. That is on my bucket list lol. Last motor i built was a 383 stroker for my 86 monte carlo SS. I also put a 480le trans in it, custom cut carbon fiber driveshaft, and a 14 bolt FF rear end with 4:11 gears. The thing was a beast. Unfortunately i sold it to buy this corvette that i wanted to work on but he ended up selling it on me before i sold mine. I missed it by a day and i was devastated that i sold my Monte.
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:10 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Posts: 1,118
Default

I restored a 1979 Corvette ( 1991) .. built 383.... aluminum heads.. 490 hp at the tires... th350 full manual valve body... 4,000rpm stall converter 4:56 gears with posi..
leather interior.. Full gauge set in the dash.. and under the hood..
and IT was for the Street.. and car shows.. finished in 1993...

Dupont Imron silver paint... heavy large metal flakes..( silver ).. 8 coats of clear... chrome headers and side pipes..
6 days just to wet sand the clear.... it was like glass.
owned that car for 10 years... ended up going for hospital bills for the wife.
Dave_S likes this.
chuck_thehammer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:25 PM
  #10  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer View Post
I restored a 1979 Corvette ( 1991) .. built 383.... aluminum heads.. 490 hp at the tires... th350 full manual valve body... 4,000rpm stall converter 4:56 gears with posi..
leather interior.. Full gauge set in the dash.. and under the hood..
and IT was for the Street.. and car shows.. finished in 1993...

Dupont Imron silver paint... heavy large metal flakes..( silver ).. 8 coats of clear... chrome headers and side pipes..
6 days just to wet sand the clear.... it was like glass.
owned that car for 10 years... ended up going for hospital bills for the wife.
Sounds like it was a beautiful car! Sorry to hear about your wife. Hope shes ok now.
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:10 AM
  #11  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Deep South Texas
Posts: 1,118
Default




she is still kicking.. ,,,,, custom made valve covers with windows..
Dave_S likes this.
chuck_thehammer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:07 AM
  #12  
Tech Champion
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 7,501
Default

I make things mechanicaly and with electrronics

Project: Break in Dutch machine

Building a discharger

Centax flywheel nut with shaft.

1st gear oneway bearing replacement.

Home made laser tweakboard

F1 style starting light.

New project comes alive.

Dax suspension

Made a tool for cutting fly weights

Beside that I like to take photo's
Some pics....

And a bit rare these days but I like to play Snooker.
Roelof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM
  #13  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chuck_thehammer View Post



she is still kicking.. ,,,,, custom made valve covers with windows..
She is beautiful chuck! I like those valve covers as well where you can see the rockers. I bet they need to be cleaned a lot lol.

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Wow Roelof! You have skills, thats awesome. Yeah snooker is rare but that makes you unique lol
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:47 AM
  #14  
Tech Apprentice
 
Bassbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 89
Default

I love bass fishing. have my own Bass Cat Pantera IV 19.5 foot boat. I also love raising my German Shepherd Quigley.






Dave_S and VoltageDrop like this.
Bassbuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:07 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
VoltageDrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 592
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bassbuster View Post
I love bass fishing. have my own Bass Cat Pantera IV 19.5 foot boat. I also love raising my German Shepherd Quigley.






Man i wish i was out on the water fishing right now! Winter sucks lol. That is also beautiful Shepherd you have. They are very loyal and smart dogs, also very protective for those they love.
VoltageDrop is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service