• 1 Post By rccartips
  • 2 Post By Roelof
  • 1 Post By 55Guy

I SUCK...

Old 09-18-2018, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default I SUCK...

I suck at driving, so decided to do a video on how to win. "Those who cannot do, teach"

Even my microphone sucks, so pump up the volume!

Dave_S likes this.

Last edited by rccartips; 09-18-2018 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Replaced video with better audio.... but still sucks! hahaha
Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Default I suck too

rccartips and johnzhou2476 like this.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
You really suck!!!! Make a video!
Old 09-19-2018, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Hey guys what all that shinny stuff on the shelf? I have never seen one of those up close or held one or brought one home or even been allowed to clean or polish one for some one else.
rccartips likes this.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 55Guy View Post
Hey guys what all that shinny stuff on the shelf?
It is very easy. Do not go to the race you want to go to. The money you have saved can be used to buy a trophy with any important text engraved to it.

https://www.thetrophyshop.com/c-1000010-cups.aspx
Old 09-19-2018, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

What the resale value on them shiny stuff But in all seriousness nice collection Roelof
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser View Post
What the resale value on them shiny stuff But in all seriousness nice collection Roelof
Thanks, do not know the value but saving the total costs getting them could make me to buy a new real Ferrari today
Most of them are from top 3 finishes with 1/8 and 1/10 clubraces and many open 1/18 scale races with my high modified 1/18 cars.

But 2 IFMAR worlds medals, an A-main final place in the Kyosho Europe final with (as the only one) a stock out of the box Kyosho V-one-SR car, some national 1/8 podium finishes (like 2 wins) and a A-main final in a BMT international are a bit special for me.
Old 09-19-2018, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

You still race 1/18 Roelof? I remember racing the xray 1/18 chassis all the time got several shiny things myself thanks to them. But the place that I used to go to race them closed down several years ago, now is when I am finally letting go the last of them. Whats BMT international?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

I still race, but no 1/18, that is dead over here.Due limited budget I race 1/8 onroad on a lower level alhough all those years I was not racing for the win or getting sponsors. Racing must never be dominated by brands, rule changes for own win, fasion victims who always wants to have the latest and all options. Racing modelcars does mean that you have to get knowledge of the cars, technology and even strategy, sadd enough most drivers only follow what brands or their favorite top drivers with what are doing and sadly that is also dominating the atmosphere on the current Dutch nationals. That is why I decided to race in Belgium this year after 26 years Dutch nationals with only national skipped 1 race many years ago due theft of my RC stuf.

Old cars are not done when going to the nationals, buying cheap engines and modify them is rediculus, it can never be as good, making own parts, tools and even modifications do not work and many more words I have heard about the way I am doing this hobby. I think I have enough results and most important more fun in the way I am doing this hobby. By the way, these kind words do come from people who can setup and race a car but do not know the real technology.

I do save 300 euro on an engine with buying 200 euro or even less Novarossi engines, I do not true down tires (when racing own tires), I have my own clutch shoe I make several shafts I made my own oil bath break in bench, I was the one giving Serpent the insparition of their DLS system, Iwas the first with a tool how to meassure the FDR on touring cars and used with succes on the ETS and the list goes on.....
But no, in the way I am working on this hobby is no good. Indeed no good for the commercial parties who like to sell everything and want to cheat on the races to be in the picture.

1/18 racing is fun, on my club we had a handout 180 motor making it all competive. My car rebuild:
Untitled Document

The BMT international was a race back in the 90's for all BMT drivers. It was that time I went held in Germany so close enough to go to.

Last edited by Roelof; 09-19-2018 at 06:23 AM.