R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Chat Lounge (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge-9/)
-   -   Drag Racing car 132' (https://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/1018993-drag-racing-car-132-a.html)

wrayth 05-29-2018 02:01 PM

Drag Racing car 132'
 
Which would be better to race a 2wd or 4wd drag car.

Can a 2wd compete against the 4wd?

Nerobro 05-29-2018 02:37 PM

The fastest drag cars are 2wd. That is your answer.

the rc guy 05-29-2018 02:47 PM

a 4x4 will eat any 2wd car I race we dont run 2wd. we run 4x4. or 4 wheel drive .

Nerobro 05-29-2018 03:25 PM

This... sounds like there might be something more interesting going on.

Lets talk classes then, why don't we.

All of the drag race kits I've seen are pod based rwd.

Billy Kelly 05-29-2018 03:44 PM

It would depend on class. But the high end drag racing stuff is all 2 wheel drive. 70mph plus in under 2secinds.


the rc guy 05-29-2018 03:53 PM

I have a HPI gtpv2 4x4 132 feet in .6 seconds topspeed 122 mph. 1/7 scale.Nice turtle show BK.. slooooooooooooooow motion

Billy Kelly 05-29-2018 04:03 PM


Originally Posted by the rc guy (Post 15236543)
I have a HPI gtpv2 4x4 132 feet in .6 seconds topspeed 122 mph. 1/7 scale.Nice turtle show BK.. slooooooooooooooow motion

Iíve tried it a couple times. Iíve got nothing that would run with the club in the video. Itís cool to watch but not my thing for RC. At these ultra high speeds itís point and shoot.
HobbyTown has been having them on weekends. Maybe Iíll dig out something one of these weekends.

DesertRat 05-29-2018 04:03 PM


Originally Posted by the rc guy (Post 15236543)
I have a HPI gtpv2 4x4 132 feet in .6 seconds topspeed 122 mph. 1/7 scale.Nice turtle show BK.. slooooooooooooooow motion

um... no.

I hope this guy was just making a little joke. 132 feet in 0.6 seconds means 150 miles per hour average speed, so from a standing start you would need to average 20x the force of gravity to cover 132 feet in 0.6 seconds... this is something a model rocket would have a hard time doing.

the rc guy 05-29-2018 04:16 PM


Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 15236551)
um... no.

I hope this guy was just making a little joke. 132 feet in 0.6 seconds means 150 miles per hour average speed, so from a standing start you would need to average 20x the force of gravity to cover 132 feet in 0.6 seconds... this is something a model rocket would have a hard time doing.

you dont know what you talking about like usual. I race aa in drag race 3x a week.. sunday on belle isle. wed night in Romulus. no nitro can beat any of our regular 28 guys. never seen a nitro in person run as fast a youtube.. many many electrics way faster.Ill race any one that drops there car on our tracks. 5 cell limit.better come with cash 500 to start.i race toy car seriously not just 4 fun.

Matt Trimmings 05-29-2018 04:27 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...45ba206cf8.jpg

DesertRat 05-29-2018 04:56 PM

you have to appreciate a few good chuckles...

I guess if you're going to go drag racing on a less than perfectly prepared surface get a touring car or something larger scale like an e-buggy, they will be more under control with lower grip. If you have something more formal they make RC drag race kits that are beautiful and purpose built.

the rc guy 05-29-2018 05:15 PM


Originally Posted by DesertRat (Post 15236575)
you have to appreciate a few good chuckles...

I guess if you're going to go drag racing on a less than perfectly prepared surface get a touring car or something larger scale like an e-buggy, they will be more under control with lower grip. If you have something more formal they make RC drag race kits that are beautiful and purpose built.

Definatly do every time some non drag racer says all this stuff from youtube.. unless you Dragrace no one has a clue here they can say what the want post mimi to insult others oh well. get to a darg location and run.only 1 2wd in my group. and all will go way faster than 100mph. the little 1/16 vulcan converted to E a 7500kv on 3 cells.https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...f31fdcbe14.jpg

right .. lol lol at the slow people..

Dave_S 05-29-2018 05:31 PM

For a purpose built car trying to say 4wd is better is bananas. You can get all the traction you need with proper tires and chassis. Everything else is just extra weight and rotating weight.

Maybe not so much on rough surface and smaller scale r/c. 2wd is definitely faster even on pretty poor roads with 1/5 scale.

on a actual drag strip it's not even a debate. If 4wd was better people wouldn't be running 2wd. Does a company even make a 4wd drag rc car?

the rc guy 05-29-2018 05:57 PM

RC is not 1:1 with 5000 hp..LOL at that.more info from know nothings..so what drag car you have dave

Dave_S 05-29-2018 06:06 PM

You're arguing against the laws of physics. I'm not getting drawn into that any more than I have lol.

I will admit these cars are pretty gnarly.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...d01444c106.jpg


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:39 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.