What are you doing today V2.0 >

What are you doing today V2.0

Like Tree1853Likes

What are you doing today V2.0

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sir 51D3WAYS View Post
I know right? Fortunately I found a rc gear/speed calculator app thingy on my computer that I downloaded from gawd knows where, a long time ago, that I completely forgot about...
That'll have to do then.

Sorry for the late reply, was caught up in work... crap work life balance and all that.
I have that program somewhere too and I for the life of me cannot remember where I found it either lol
Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

I dug out my old Gameboy Advance and started playing a rally-racing game I bought back in college. I was surprised to discover I'm way better at it than I used to be. I think RC driving has improved my understanding of suspension tuning and weight-shifting when cornering. I was regularly running 20 seconds ahead of the AI players on each race circuit; I've never done that before.
Dave_S likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Just found this video. Itís a 360 degree video so as you move the view changes.

Its from the Goodwood fest in England. Itís the Roboracer. Self driving race car. They have a concept of a new form of racing. With two car teams, one human driver one robot driver.

https://youtu.be/b6OHDlSnSo8

From outside the car. Explains some it technology used.

https://youtu.be/RHYV1tDla9s
speaking of goodwood there is a delayed stream on youtube
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slick2500 View Post
I have that program somewhere too and I for the life of me cannot remember where I found it either lol
Is it rcgears.exe, made by a certain Stephen Waits?
Old 07-12-2018, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am back from my Anchorage trip. I had a pretty good time, up until a certain point. That point being me accidentally witnessing one of my best friends screwing a stripper in the group's rental van. This might have been funny several years ago, but it was far from it now. The whole thing upset me for several different reasons, the main reason being his girlfriend. His girl is super nice, has a huge heart and is the full package. She is a very pretty lady by any measure, so I don't know what the hell got into him.

Want to read the story? I feel like typing it out to get it out of my head honestly. Maybe you guys can help me sort this out. I am the only one that knows, he doesn't even know that I know. Your damn right I kept it to myself, I felt obligated so as to not put a bad taste in everyone's mouth on their vacation.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by slackinoff View Post
I am back from my Anchorage trip. I had a pretty good time, up until a certain point. That point being me accidentally witnessing one of my best friends screwing a stripper in the group's rental van. This might have been funny several years ago, but it was far from it now. The whole thing upset me for several different reasons, the main reason being his girlfriend. His girl is super nice, has a huge heart and is the full package. She is a very pretty lady by any measure, so I don't know what the hell got into him.

Want to read the story? I feel like typing it out to get it out of my head honestly. Maybe you guys can help me sort this out. I am the only one that knows, he doesn't even know that I know. Your damn right I kept it to myself, I felt obligated so as to not put a bad taste in everyone's mouth on their vacation.
That's messed up. I don't understand the thoughts that go through some people's heads. If you're single banging the stripper is perfectly acceptable, but doing so when in a relationship is just straight up stupid, when you are in a relationship your actions can have an impact on so many more people's lives than just your own. I just don't understand why some people are such dogs.
But I think I would be in the same place as you as far as what to do. Do you tell the girlfriend? Do you tell the person that you know what they did? Do you just keep it to yourself and hope no one finds out that you know? I mean you want to do the right thing but you don't want anyone to get hurt.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Most likely that friendship will end from this. Most likely its not first time. He’s put you in a bad spot. You say something to him, he’ll say mind your own business. Tell her and he’ll think you had some hidden plan.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Most likely that friendship will end from this. Most likely its not first time. Heís put you in a bad spot. You say something to him, heíll say mind your own business. Tell her and heíll think you had some hidden plan.
Thank you for the response. It helps. I am back from this trip and it's such a relief to get away from that calamity for a moment and be able to discuss this with you guys. Y'all are removed from the situation so it makes this much easier to discuss.

Long story. Warning.

Most of the group got in the day before, so that evening we all loaded up into the rental van to pick up our last compadre from the airport. We picked him up and he has it in his head that we HAVE to go to the strip club here, tonight....Everyone is like uh, no.... no thanks. Buddy proceeds to goad the group into it, nobody is budging. In fact, we were all very concerned. We are old enough now to where peer pressure is just going to piss us the hell off. (mid 30s). I get singled out because he knows I have had his back since what, the 5th grade, he knows I will go because I am dependable like that. I was not having it tonight - no way - I have been goaded into going to strip clubs before and I despise that kind of establishment. Going to one in an unknown city? Please, how reckless can you be.

He is the kind of guy who is never alone you know, so I figured I would stand my ground, refuse to go, and he would drop it. Na, he got an Uber and said he would be back in a couple of hours. I am a cautious dude, so I set an alarm for 3am. 4am rolls in and I do start to get worried and I started to call, no answer. 5am and I am up and dressed, ready to drag his ass out of that club. Problem is, I couldn't find the van keys. Those little alarm bells in your head when something ain't right? They were going off.

When I got to the van, I reached for the door handle and almost instantly I jerked my hand back. Someone was inside. That was scary as hell when dark and quiet in a parking lot. It scared me so bad I kind of dropped to a crouch. That's when I heard it. They were definitely getting it on, vehicle is kind of rocking just like you see in the movies. I quickly got myself out of that parking lot and back into the lobby of the hotel. WTF. I couldn't believe it, I actually walked back outside to see if I was mistaken on the van, maybe it was not our rental? No that's ours. Shit.

I walked to the breakfast area and start pouring a cup of coffee not even thinking, I was so shocked. I heard the lobby doors slide open, guess who it was. He walked in asked me what in the hell was I doing up so early. Fortunately I was so pissed the hell off I think it covered up the fact I knew the details. I told him I was about to go call the Sheriffs office to see if he was in jail. This seemed funny to him, definitely a nervous laughter. I played along with the story he made up about his evening.

Last edited by slackinoff; 07-12-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slick2500 View Post
That's messed up. I don't understand the thoughts that go through some people's heads. If you're single banging the stripper is perfectly acceptable, but doing so when in a relationship is just straight up stupid, when you are in a relationship your actions can have an impact on so many more people's lives than just your own. I just don't understand why some people are such dogs.
But I think I would be in the same place as you as far as what to do. Do you tell the girlfriend? Do you tell the person that you know what they did? Do you just keep it to yourself and hope no one finds out that you know? I mean you want to do the right thing but you don't want anyone to get hurt.
Thank you. It's seriously been eating at me knowing I will have to look her in the eye knowing what I know.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IMO if someone want to go to the strippers as soon as they get somewhere on vacation, they are going there to get cocaine.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
IMO if someone want to go to the strippers as soon as they get somewhere on vacation, they are going there to get cocaine.
Hmmm, do do you know if that stuff make your eyes dilated? He did seem strung up at times
Old 07-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, do do you know if that stuff make your eyes dilated? He did seem strung up at times
lots of typical signs. Donít want to push things with the mods too much. But hereís link to typical signs. M

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/c.../cocaine-eyes/

Usually get huge pupils, I did. It will effect people differently. The typical darkness of the club could hide things a bit. But high energy, rampant talking, fidgeting, chain smoking was common.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you for the info. I should call him out on this right? (Privately )
I feel lucky I had friends willing to call me out on something I was doing wrong.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you for the info. I should call him out on this right? (Privately )
I feel lucky I had friends willing to call me out on something I was doing wrong.
Thats a decision only you can make. You know your friends, or you thought you did. So many variables that there no way for an outsider to predict how it would go or best choice or action. You only know what you saw. The rest is speculation. Now maybe in a week he says he and current girlfriend have decided to split. Maybe there things were already wrong. They just kept a front for friends. I’ve watched so many 20+ year marriages end in what seems like an instant, but to them was coming for years. Just finally happened.
The whole concept of long term friends has changed radically since the internet. Before then forming friendships and then having them end was normal. People moved, got married or just drift apart. Now it’s almost normal to be in contact with a kindergarten friends. Even if the live 100s or 1000s of miles away. Or even different countries.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Out tonight for some VTA practice. And trying out camera lens for night. Church lot has much better lighting then the school. Still don’t get all the complaints about the Protoform VTA Tires. Worked on every surface I’ve tried. Church lot has almost more grip then the prepared hobby store lot. Tomorrow I should give the F1 and 1/12 a try.

Watching “Fantastic Four: Silver Surfer”. Haven’t seen this since Johnny Blaze became Captain America.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service