R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Like Tree303Likes

Old 02-13-2018, 02:40 AM   #961
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocalSnakeEyes View Post
On road rally racing sounds like big fun but to me just about any racing can be fun. $1000 is not bad for two laps in something that costly. I'm a big fan of the Dodge Viper. That is the car I would want. That I would have to bring with me. It seems we have the same bucket list, just the countries have been changed.

The original Mini is to small for me to drive everyday. Having one as a toy would be fun. Especially, if I could run it on a track. We have some nice ones running around the west coast over here. Yes, in Europe and some parts in the US too, mini cars are the only way to get around. The only electric car I have driven is a Leaf. I drove that 70 miles to deliver it for a job. Well over it's range and it was no fun.

You can ask, I'm unemployed now but was trained in Auto mechanics and parts. My last real job was with O'Reillys Auto Parts. I have spent a lot of my life working on classics and hot rods of all types. All of it at my house or friends houses so I can not count that as job experience.

I have never been a pro driver or even been in a race car. All of my track experience comes from racing others in Gran Turismo games and R/C racing. I just have a love for racing.
Ok I see. So I guess kind of similar to me. I have a few friends and family that have been into racing; the friend I have already mentioned, another friend who was into rallying and go-karts, the godfather of my uncle used to rally an old volvo and an audi quattro in the 80s, a close friend of my uncle is a bus mechanic that had a few project cars including the VW Bug that eventually was handed down to me, and a couple of friends that drag raced Ford sierras cosworths (boy these things were scary and sketchy).

Ironically most of them don't anymore. The two first guys had some really bad accidents, involving being in a coma for several weeks and all the fun stuff that comes with that. Most of the other guys come from Greece (that's where I originally come from), so the whole financial crisis hit them pretty hard.

In other news, it has been quite cold the last couple of days, but sunny. Finally it snowed a bit last night but I do not think the snow will survive throughout the day. I will try and maybe get the XV-01 for a drive this weekend.

The in-laws are coming for the weekend so we should get a bit of help with some of the last things we have left to do in the new appartment. Luckily my girlfriends dad is as hand as I am and he is a very cool guy.

Work has been pretty good recently, today is the last day of my probation period (it is kind of a thing here) so we are celebrating with the Mrs. tonight. This is quite a big deal for us since I have been let go twice while still in probation before, once even on the last day, but this is what you get when you work for startups. The pace can be quite frantic.

At some point I should join a union and not have to deal with any of this nonsense anymore.
SocalSnakeEyes likes this.
ejtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:58 PM   #962
Tech Initiate

Rpphobby got back to me, they checked all of their current stock of the links and all of them but one was wrong. They are being cool and sending me the rights ones with a return shipping label for the ones I have.
Mbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:08 PM   #963
Tech Addict

I'm not getting ea game face to work and it's pretty frustrating.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:12 PM   #964
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbrown2 View Post
Rpphobby got back to me, they checked all of their current stock of the links and all of them but one was wrong. They are being cool and sending me the rights ones with a return shipping label for the ones I have.
Ya they are pretty good like that. For a while in the shipping instructions you could request art work and the shipping guy would sketch something out for you
freaksofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #965
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SocalSnakeEyes

Have I said I don't like cold. I know, what do I know about cold in California. Anyway, there was a good coating of ice on the truck window this morning.

Cleaned my crap up from the backyard table so his parents can clean up for spring. Bumped into the rod iron roof pillar that had part of a wooden planter hanging from it. Luckily, it hit my arm not my head. Thing wights like 30 pounds!

Can't get my doc to talk to my pharmacy!

It's never a good thing when you get a letter telling you to go in to a government agency's office with a deadline. I don't look good in orange.

My thoughts are on other things as you can imagine.

I can sware I know this story.

One bit of good news, John got his job but is waiting for the truck to get fixed. That means I get Valentines day with him. Because all that ^ is going to keep me from going with til it's fixed.
"Speed only counts if you make the next turn" Jessica King #22
http://www.rctech.net/g/album/8613420#
Snake Eyes Racing EST. 1994 R.I.P. SoCal Raceway 12-16-2007
SocalSnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 04:48 AM   #966
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Side rails installed, test run

https://youtu.be/oquntlwAOOk
Billy Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #967
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaksofnature View Post
Ya they are pretty good like that. For a while in the shipping instructions you could request art work and the shipping guy would sketch something out for you
I used to work at a pizza place once and every now and then people would ask us to draw or write something on the inside of the box lid. Even had a customer ask for a cock n balls to be drawn inside the box lid lol some girl was ordering the pizza for her freind apparently.
Mbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:21 AM   #968
Tech Elite

MiniZ practice #1

https://youtu.be/ziZ4ilZEl18
Old 02-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #969
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
what about a Tacon or Lepard motor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I've been using Tacon motors for years and they've worked great for me. I wouldn't buy anything more expensive unless I were racing.
Based on this I ordered two Tacon 3650 motors. 3200kV. The 3500kV were out of stock, so I picked the lowe 3200kV. Mostly the kids like to drive in "beginner mode" so no problem. And at $25 a piece, if they hold up it will be fine.

(I shot Traxxas a mail too asking about 2/4 pole etc and got a great answer tbh, they also offered the "send in the old and upgrade to new" option for a reasonable price.)

Also, spent $120 on roof rack adapters for my new rack. Which sort of limits RC spending (or any spending)
KristofferR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #970
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Nice track. No, awesome track.

Looks pretty hard to drive but you were getting visibly smoother by the end. Steering to sensitive or too slow? Or just difficult to drive it?
KristofferR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:07 AM   #971
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristofferR View Post
Nice track. No, awesome track.

Looks pretty hard to drive but you were getting visibly smoother by the end. Steering to sensitive or too slow? Or just difficult to drive it?
Little bit of everything. Steering is definitely sensitive, plus front wheel drive. Spent about an hour with it, that most Iíve ever driven a MiniZ. Just very different from everything else Iíve driven.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #972
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to st_dragn_wagen

wondering if scale on road will ever be a thing. guys spend lots of time and money on scale off road rigs (trail trucks, rock crawlers, solid axle monster trucks) and compete with them. so why not on road? realistic bodies, interiors, driver figures, could be cool
Old 02-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #973
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
wondering if scale on road will ever be a thing. guys spend lots of time and money on scale off road rigs (trail trucks, rock crawlers, solid axle monster trucks) and compete with them. so why not on road? realistic bodies, interiors, driver figures, could be cool
Look into the drift part of RC. Already does there. Seen working drivers, steering wheels, exhaust, one company has been trying to make a smoke system.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:38 PM   #974
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to st_dragn_wagen

thats pretty much only modern tuner cars and is close to drift specific. what about ferraris, lamborghinis, vintage sports cars, muscle cars. could be cool
Dave_S likes this.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:49 PM   #975
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to SocalSnakeEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_dragn_wagen View Post
There's some nice here:1:10 TOURING
"Speed only counts if you make the next turn" Jessica King #22
http://www.rctech.net/g/album/8613420#
Snake Eyes Racing EST. 1994 R.I.P. SoCal Raceway 12-16-2007
SocalSnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote