R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Like Tree92Likes

Old 01-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #241
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Heh. Do Matchbox cars really still cost only 97 cents?
Last time I checked, hotwheels were still 97 or 98 cents at Walmart
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:58 AM   #242
Tech Champion

Concerning the political stuff, and I am politically minded myself, I've been here long enough to remember when there was a political thread. As you can imagine, things got waaaaaaaaaay out of hand. Moderators were spending most of their time reviewing and deleting posts just from one thread. A long time ago the moderators decided there would be no political posts in this forum, since we're supposed to be talking about RC cars. Even one of the original members of RCTech was booted for 30 days because of a political meme.

It's best to leave politics out of this forum. You're not going to change anyone's mind anyway.
fyrstormer likes this.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #243
Tech Addict

I've been doing pretty well on scratch off lottery tickets lately, my local gas station must think I have great luck. (I don't buy lottery tickets, I get one or two a week as a gift)

I just went and cashed one and they are starting to give me weird looks considering I never buy tickets.

Also watching Hidden Figures. Made me think of back when I was in school. We would literally fight each other to get the very last seat in the back of school bus. I think we just wanted to be as far away from authority figure as possible. (The bus driver)

Last edited by Dave_S; 01-14-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #244
Tech Adept

taking my alien out to run 10 or so packs thru..fun times..
the rc guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I've been doing pretty well on scratch off lottery tickets lately, my local gas station must think I have great luck. (I don't buy lottery tickets, I get one or two a week as a gift)

I just went and cashed one and they are starting to give me weird looks considering I never buy tickets.

Also watching Hidden Figures. Made me think of back when I was in school. We would literally fight each other to get the very last seat in the back of school bus. I think we just wanted to be as far away from authority figure as possible. (The bus driver)
If they ask where you're getting them from, just say "I take them from the people I kill." I've found this to be a reasonably satisfactory answer for many similar questions in the past.

Regarding riding in the back of the bus, it's not just to get away from the bus driver, it's also because the back of the bus bounces in a very fun way over bumps -- especially speedbumps.
Dave_S and nino. like this.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:17 PM   #246
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Concerning the political stuff, and I am politically minded myself, I've been here long enough to remember when there was a political thread. As you can imagine, things got waaaaaaaaaay out of hand. Moderators were spending most of their time reviewing and deleting posts just from one thread. A long time ago the moderators decided there would be no political posts in this forum, since we're supposed to be talking about RC cars. Even one of the original members of RCTech was booted for 30 days because of a political meme.

It's best to leave politics out of this forum. You're not going to change anyone's mind anyway.
Political discussions on the internet can't change anyone's mind. Political beliefs are almost never entirely rational, and the only way to change an irrational belief is to engage the other person's trust in you, which is impossible to do unless you're in the same room with them AND you have a long personal relationship with them to begin with.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:32 PM   #247
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

setup a camera on a test run today before i froze to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCDYYX8slDA
Dualstroke likes this.
Tamiyadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:40 PM   #248
Tech Initiate

I’ve been flying a lot this weekend. I set up a Multiplex Easy Star with FPV and with a few flights under my belt I kind of get it, its different and exciting. Still, when I took my goggles off to fly LOS it was better.

After a ”long” flight, about 20 mins I saw double for several minutes. Not good. My vision and the goggles seem to have an issue.

Today I pulled the FPV gear off and did a regular flight. Had fun spinning that poor Easy Star. Raw cold, hard gusty winds and a crap landing.

New feature is a set of strobe lights. Really effective.

So FPV or not. Can’t decide. It’s sort of too dependent on equipment and being outdoors looking at a screen feels weird. And I need more equipment for my eyes, apparently. Tried Fatshark Attitude and a ”box” from Eachine.

I packed up the EZ in the box, stashed it away and started on my Sukhoi indoor plane, bought used for $15.
KristofferR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #249
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to st_dragn_wagen

im chillin. its a warm weekend. mid 80s yesterday, low 80s today. i did a bunch of yard work (really yard clean up) yesterday. i think everything that needed to be done got done so have nothing going on today. so right now im eating a couple microwave burritos trying to figure out which video game to play
Old 01-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #250
Tech Elite

I bought a hopelessly-obsolete MP3 player that I regret not owning back in the day, to add to my collection.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:26 PM   #251
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I bought a hopelessly-obsolete MP3 player that I regret not owning back in the day, to add to my collection.
An original zune?
Old 01-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #252
Tech Addict

Watching the fights, and the snow outside. I want to run rc, but don't want to make neighbors mad.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #253
Tech Regular

Just throwing some design ideas for a front-wheel drive project, seeing Tamiyadan project has given me some ideas.
Speed Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:56 PM   #254
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
An original zune?
LOL no, much older than that.

Dave_S likes this.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:07 AM   #255
Tech Elite

I had an Aiwa MiniDisc player back in the late 90's. (I still have it actually, but I never use it anymore.) It didn't support MP3 playback, and all the music I put on it had to be dubbed in realtime using a digital optical patch cable. By then I already had a decent stash of MP3s on my computer, so around 2001 I started to look for MP3-compatible replacements. It took Sony far too long to start supporting MP3 playback on MiniDisc players, and I didn't like the designs of Sony's MiniDisc players anyway (Aiwa had a better design team), so I was seriously considering this Aiwa mini-CDRW player. By the time I had the money for one (after working at a summer internship at a government facility identified only by its map coordinates), I'd found out about the Archos Jukebox 20 -- one of the first HDD music players ever made, with a 20GB hard drive inside -- so I bought that instead. It was bulky and the screen was kinda crappy, but it could hold all my music in one portable device, which was amazing at the time. Still, I always regretted not getting the little Aiwa mini-CDRW player to go with my Aiwa MiniDisc player.

Now that I'm back to swapping discs instead of using HDD- or flash-based music players, because dammit I like swapping discs, this seems like a good time to add this little guy to my collection of obsolete portable music players.