Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TIME MACHINE
  • 1 Post By slodsm

rolling hauler suggestions...

Old 10-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default rolling hauler suggestions...

is there anything besides a "fatmax" type of toolbox thats upright, compact, but can fit an ebuggy, charger, radio, support spares? been having a hard time trying to find something thats hard case and with big wheels.... for a modest price

for anyone with a fatmax, can you fit your ebuggy without wheels in the top tray? i cant find the inner dimensions
Old 10-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

home depo has this cool husky box, someone wrote in the "reviews" its internal measurements are 21 1/2" x 11 1/2" x 12"... anyone? bueller, bueller?

Old 10-21-2017, 04:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I've owned a million toolboxes on wheels, but I keep going back to my Atomik hauler bag. I hope you have better success than I did. I just couldn't get the toolboxes to work for me.
Scott R likes this.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TIME MACHINE View Post
I've owned a million toolboxes on wheels, but I keep going back to my Atomik hauler bag. I hope you have better success than I did. I just couldn't get the toolboxes to work for me.
ive used the 40 gallon sterilite tubs on wheels to tote around out three 8th scale setups, ebuggy/etruggy/nitro buggy... with a separate tub with tires and oils, im trying for a totally self contained, minimalist rolling tote for 1 ebuggy.... i hate toolboxes, you always end up with a box thats too big, full of junk you dont need.. love the home depo Hdx parts containers that clip together, you can only fit so much so they really make you pack smart... and there 9 bux for 2.... ive used one for tools, and others for each setups spares, not counting the plano 3500 boxes for screws and clutch stuff..... so given 1 buggy, ill have two trays, the car, lipos, the charger, radio, and depending on what im running, at most 4 sets of mounted tires... the key is trying to fit the chassis in the "container"

hauler bags are absolutely overpriced chinese luggage, and i refuse to suck it up and spend 3 bills on an ogio... soft bags no matter how well made, roll around poorly, there good for out the car and maybe 40 feet before it becomes a burden to navigate crowds... lugging that junk flexing and teetering sucks!

Last edited by the wrench; 10-21-2017 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

I too used to use the sterllite rolling totes. Hauled three of those around for years.
This summer I did some homework and found ogio 9800 rollers for $150 shipped.

Let’s just say I now have two of them and they are well worth the price I paid for them.

They hold more stuff than you can imagine until you have one in your hands.

The wheels roll flawlessly. The bag never collapses on itself. It never teeters It rolls straight and true.

I would suggest doing some google searches and finding a deal on one.

They may be pricey. But they are so worth it.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by imprsme View Post
I too used to use the sterllite rollering totes. Hauled three of those around for years.
This summer I did some homework and found ogio 9800 rollers for $150 shipped.

Let’s just say I now have two of them and they are well worth the price I paid for them.

They hold more stuff than you can imagine until you have one in your hands.

The wheels roll flawlessly. The bag never collapses on itself. It never tetters. It rolls straight and true.

I would suggest doing some google searches and finding a deal on one.

They may be pricey. But they are so worth it.
for one car? even at 75 bux, feels way overkill for one toy car, on a club level, pretending youre a fast factory guy.. i hate that feeling of being "that guy" with labeled, branded, part of a "team", overpieced gear. i ride moto's and i wouldnt spend that much to cart my lids and boots! theres gotta be a smaller, cheap plastic box on wheels thats not dimensionally stupid
Old 11-01-2017, 12:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

There really isn’t man. I finally bit the bullet after 20 years of playing toy car and bought an actual car hauler with 5 drawers. What used to take a rolling tool box, pelican case, and pit bag to carry and took an eternity to neatly pack and organize.......

Well it fits in the one rolling bag designed for that purpose and is wayyyy easier to work with.

I agree 200 bucks is ridiculous for it but it’s so much better than a toolbox I no longer care, it was worth it.
the wrench likes this.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

I have the team magic F8, it is a vey solid bag with lots of room that can be used as a table too.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wing Tote here. The Deluxe Truck bag. Its enormous but doesnt have wheels. So loaded up with 2 SCT's and a buggy or 3 touring cars + all other gear associated and it can get quite heavy. It has 2 large straps that you can carry over your shoulder. I added a padded cover to them that i can use to take some of the weight and disperse it along my shoulder.

For $70 shipped though it can fit anything and everything that i need to take to any bashing spot or race track with room to spare.