Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Carolina's Forum
HobbyTown USA, Springlake NC >

HobbyTown USA, Springlake NC

HobbyTown USA, Springlake NC

Old 10-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Indeed couldn't have put it better myself tex; I'm done responding to him as this was del with months back. I didn't make it out there myself either since I have to work on my d3, the steering issue is bugging me and don't want to risk burning another belt
I may have to get the xi knuckles for clearance not sure :/
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

That sucks about not being able to race. I was not there either but I will be there next Saturday as long as the weather permits. Running a D3 for your vta will be difficult because of all the weight is in the front of that chassis and that will make the ass end really loose. I could be wriong though. It would be interesting to see how it does.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PoeticRuins View Post
Indeed couldn't have put it better myself tex; I'm done responding to him as this was del with months back. I didn't make it out there myself either since I have to work on my d3, the steering issue is bugging me and don't want to risk burning another belt
I may have to get the xi knuckles for clearance not sure :/
dealt with? I pity those who have to associate with you. Dealt with does not mean ignoring your created problems or scamming honest members on boards. you set up the deal so there was nothing that I could do about it in the end. Have fun knowing you live like you do.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

My thinking is since the tires are such low traction the motor in the front should let the tires stock the turns better, but it is set for cs so that may end up backfiring on me but I'm thinking that with it set for cs, I can power down the straight and back off the throttle (has a front one way in it) it should allow maximum grip with the weight and no power to the front wheels, any thoughts since you run a sakura as well?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think with that chassis with the front one way it would be way to loose in the rear. But it is worth the try if it does not cost you anything. Let me know how it works out.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PoeticRuins View Post
My thinking is since the tires are such low traction the motor in the front should let the tires stock the turns better, but it is set for cs so that may end up backfiring on me but I'm thinking that with it set for cs, I can power down the straight and back off the throttle (has a front one way in it) it should allow maximum grip with the weight and no power to the front wheels, any thoughts since you run a sakura as well?
Even though I don't really like you, I can help you on this.

The D3 is set up with a CS overdrive. I am assuming that you know what this means with drift tires, however, when you put grip tires on it, it doesn't change much. When you put power down, either the front tires will scrub, and the rear will grip, or the rear will drag (scrub) and the front will grip. or you could get a combination of this. What this means is that at best with a CS car you will have 50 percent of the traction it could have if all 4 wheels were to grip. so anytime you go to turn with even a hint of throttle, or put power down, either the front will push or pull, or the rear will want to step out. remove the CS, and it will actually do pretty well with grip tires. Not as well as a standard layout car, but not terrible.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Most deff, it pulls with the front from about 3/4 throttle to full and free rolls below that so it might work out, put come to shove I might have to swap it to overdrive the front wheels and see how that works. Basically a reverse cs setup :/
Old 10-25-2014, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Racing today starting at 11:30, should be a fun day. Who's coming out?
Old 10-31-2014, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Price Drop! $155
Can deliver it tomorrow

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ro-roller.html
Old 02-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

You guys still doing any racing?

My mini cooper is gone but I still have my RJ Speed legends and a few other local guys have the Latrax Rally cars box stock. Been thinking about picking one up myself to race with them. $130 RTR is cheap fun!
Old 02-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

No racing going on in spring lake. Most of us are racing in Durham at Ho-B-Max. They are running a points series that just started last week. The next race is Sunday March 8th. I'm sure they will add another class for you and your friends that have lattrax rally's as long as there is a good showing. I would say 5 or more cars. Just give them a call to see. They run a cheap class in the TT-01s. This is a stock cheap class.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Texas.john View Post
No racing going on in spring lake. Most of us are racing in Durham at Ho-B-Max. They are running a points series that just started last week. The next race is Sunday March 8th. I'm sure they will add another class for you and your friends that have lattrax rally's as long as there is a good showing. I would say 5 or more cars. Just give them a call to see. They run a cheap class in the TT-01s. This is a stock cheap class.
That's bad news for Spring Lake but good news that you guys did find somewhere to run. What all classes are they running? I've still got the 1/12th scale as well. I've made the hike up to Ho-B Max a few times and like the track and owners just a little far to drive on a regular basis to play.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

They run 12th scale 17.5 blinky, WGT 13.5, 17.5 touring, 21.5 USGT, 25.5 VTA, TT-01 stock brushed, and F1. It all depends on the turn out. There usually is about 60 or so entries. I'm sure they would be open to another class. We used to run Minis but not many have them anymore.
Old 03-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Next time you talk with Ernie tell him to get his legends car together. We can run 21.5 blinky since you guys prob still have the systems from the Mini's. I've got 2 that are ready to go and another shortly behind it. Just picked up a cheap $10 HobbyKing battery to run in them 2 cell 2200mah 30C packs and two of there 21.5 systems for $60 motor and esc. Cant beat that lol. Those would be fun on the road course.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

SRC. I was up at Ho-B-Max today and they said they would like to run a class with the lattrax rally's. They said all is needed is for y'all to show up this Sunday with a minimum of 3 cars. They have them in stock there as well for $130. As far as Ernie goes he has gotten out of racing and has sold everything he had.