Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Carolina's Forum
Ho B Max - Sunday racing is GO!!! Classes Outlined ... 1st this Sunday >

Ho B Max - Sunday racing is GO!!! Classes Outlined ... 1st this Sunday

Ho B Max - Sunday racing is GO!!! Classes Outlined ... 1st this Sunday

Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Ho B Max - Sunday racing is GO!!! Classes Outlined ... 1st this Sunday

Ok we are set! Race this Sunday (on-going), carpet On-road. Doors open at noon and racing will begin @ 4pm - until. Track is awesome and flows extremely well. Not too technical for beginners.

2-3 qualifiers plus Mains (depending on turnout)
Qualifiers and lower mains are 6 minutes
A mains are 8 minutes
If there is not enough turn out for a specific class and you show up with a vehicle for that class, we will merge classes together to make sure you get to run.

Classes:

17.5 Stock Touring (blinky): -- We can separate this out into Sportsman and Expert classes if the racers want that
Stock Touring Car – 17.5 Motor (timming can be adjusted on the motor)
4WD touring car chassis
Rubber touring car tires (we recommend Sorex 28r or 24r)
17.5 brushless motor (any Stock/17.5 Spec from ROAR Approved Brushless Motor List)
7.4v hardcase LiPo battery
1380g minimum weight
No boost/turbo/timing advance (Tekin V212 or newer in spec/blinky mode or any other ESC with no timing boost)
Any ROAR legal sedan body (T2 Electric Touring)

1/12 Scale Road:
Minimum weight of 1.75 lbs or 28 ozs.
Can-Am, GTP, or WSC style bodies.
17.5 turn brushless motor (if racers in this class want a different motor wind they can vote)
ROAR legal ESC in blinky mode
1S LiPo battery

USVTA:
I made a mistake earlier with the VTA class posting; The motor for that class should be a 25.5 turn motor. I believe we are going to use USVTA rules for that class which can be found here: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html
We can be flexible on the ESC and motors as far as brands if the racers want, just no timing on the ESC and 25.5 ROAR approved motors. Because of the national shortage of the tires specified in the rules I think we can be flexible on that as well.

Tamiya Mini Cooper:
For the Tamiya Mini Cooper class i think the majority want to stick with the Tamiya TCS Rules which can be found here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/tcs.php?article-id=531

Novice Road:
For new racers
Open motor/battery/esc
The purpose of the Novice class is to give new racers a class to have a lot of fun. We do not enforce any motor, battery, or body rules in the Novice class.
We recommend building your Novice car to match the rules of the class you want to grow into someday, but we do not require you to do so.
For example, you can run a Stock Touring Car, USGT, or VTA car in the Novice class.

Open – Unleashed Extreme Racer (Prison Rules!)
Any car, truck, or buggy (as long as it is not too big for the track; keep it under 4.5 pounds)
Any chassis
Any body
Any electric motor (no gas or nitro obviously since it is an indoor track)
Any battery (any number of cells, any capacity, any battery type)
Any ESC (with as much timing advance as you want)
Any foam or rubber tire (as long as it does not damage the carpet)
No minimum weight (go as light as you want)
Want to run a 3S LiPoly with a 2.5 turn brushless motor? Go for it! This is your class

I think these classes should cover everyone I can think of. Feedback is always welcomed. Let me know if there is something you think would be a good idea, or a new class the should be added etc....
Please post if you are planning to show up to race and what classes you will be racing.
$15 for first class and $5 for each additional class (per racer of course) Ho B Max gift Certificates for top 3 for any class with 5 or more entries.

Last edited by Rhymenocerous; 08-08-2013 at 12:07 PM.