Rosewood NC Carpet Season

Old 10-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hmmm, putting the thread, day, time,, wonder who posted that invite??

Well, for those that are uninformed, the offer to have ILP set up a track at Rosewood was brought to Glenn by the head of ILP quite a while earlier. (like a few weeks) What I posted was an attempt to find out what was going on. It had been going on for awhile,, they were, they weren't, they were, they weren't. I posted that to try and get them to give some sort of an answer. Excuse me for being curious. I was just wondering if it was or was not going to happen.

I am glad that they did find a place to go. Losing drivers of any kind is a bad hing for this R/C hobby.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Glenn- I know you said you may not post, but maybe you read. eXpress will handle the promotion of the race, as far as receiving entry forms, getting the word out, arranging awards, etc..

And as far as Anthony's comments, they are of his opinions, and not to "represent" eXpress Motorsports. But with that said, and not to post it publicly, but I think that Anthony's opinions are shared by others as well, but only posted by him. I would love to chat with ya about things that are done at other tracks that are feasable at Rosewood, which make the experience much better for the racer, encouraging more turnouts.

There is an indoor offroad track here in Charlotte that listened to feedback of what racers wanted rather than assuming they were content, and there turnouts and racer satisfaction have increased tremendously.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

One thing I would like to say, and these are just highlights from a conversation that Anthony, John Tag, JP, and I had this weekend at a dinner after the nationals were concluded. Before reading please understand that this in NO WAY is trying to build up OR put down the ability of any drivers at Rosewood or anywhere else at the NC tracks.

There are drivers who call Rosewood a "local or home" track that travel out of town to races. When you think about it, Jimmy, Jairo, Justin, Ron, Hank, Joseph, Mark Painter, John North, Anthony, myself, Mike lufaso ...........do travel or have traveled to major races. Birds, nationals, TCS, express race and on and on. NOW, with that said, look at the performance of these drivers at Rosewood's track and compared to the major events they have traveled to lately. The same guys that make the A mains at nationals, snowbirds, etc have to work their tails off to run up front at a normal Saturday at the wood. (Mike Lufaso just won a national modified title, and was barely able to win a club race). But then those same drivers do not run near as well at out of town races (for the most part) and some of us are still up front at nationals. AGAIN, please don't take this wrong, but just as observed facts.

With that being said, I think alot of this product is from the tracks we race on. The tracks are laid out with huge lanes and "friendly for the new racer". Well, I haven't seen a whole lot of new racers come in, but have seen some veterans leave . The track designs at the wood do not do much for driver development, meaning that guys do not improve their skill level by racing there every week. With no self advancement, you will not see any better results when you travel. The same layout ALL season is also a culprit of this. Guys do not learn how to change their cars for what different tracks need, there fore struggling at larger events, and having the driving skill to allow them to be as competitive as they are at the wood.

On a side note, I would like to congradulate Justin on his sponsorship with Schumacher USA. I look for him to come along and be strong the next couple years.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool

I had some more I wanted to post but as it is right now, I think it'll only end up being inflamatory to all concerned. So, as they say in cases like this, the best thing to do is say nothing at all.

I do hope everyone comes to the track again and has some fun. I wish you all a good week and a Merry Christmas!!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Brandon, while i appreciate your concerns for my track and business, i do not care to discuss them on the internet. If you want to discuss any improvements or opinions, my door is always open.
Glenn
Old 10-12-2005, 02:43 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Okay, let's change the mood here. Back to some fun.
One of the funniest things ever, was at the Nationals. Our boy Reggie, trying to talk to Hara (i won't butcher his first name). Hara doesn't speak totally perfect english. And Reggie...well, is Reggie. Plus being a little shy in front of greatness, was kind of quite. So here is Reggie pointing at the car and asking questions. Hara trying to answer, and Reggie not getting the Oriental slang of things. So Hara started just holding up a set up sheet. And Reggie would look at it. And point at the car and ask more questions. Then Hara would hold up the set up sheet. Reggie would look at it, and ask more.........
Dude, it was too funny.
The only person in the whole place to understand Hara, was Baker.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haha, too bad I wasn't there to translate hehe... JP, when you heading back to da Wood? Gotta see if you can still stay in the 20 sec range! And ya gotta try carpet again!

Anyways, right now I'm working every other weekend for the month of October. So I won't be there this weekend. But I'll try and hand off the carpet layout to Glenn or Laurie before the weeks end.

Last weekend we did run some carpet. But we ran the layout backwards. It wasn't too bad. But trying to start a race with a quick tight right/hair pin is not for the faint hearted... or unexperienced.

Well see some of ya out for dinner Saturday night... catch the rest of ya on my next race day...

Oh and congrats on the Amain run at the Nats Brandon, Mike L, and JP...!
Old 10-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Jimmy- did you guys run foam or rubber on the rug. Tag was looking to get some practice time in before the classic. If you guys ran foam s with traction cmpound, he may come up there and just practice on rug all day while you guys race outside.

If you ran foam, the track may be OK for him this week to practice, otherwise, he's headed to Debbies
Old 10-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

You mean Hara no understand Regginese??

All you need to win is Haras mechanic.... and oh yeah, his wheel, lol.

"shock not wite, shock to tiff" . That dude was amazing. After he consulted with Barry, he went 3 secs faster in 19T
Old 10-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

I got to the track late Saturday. I wanted to run rubber tire. But I guess everyone else was scared to. I guess they are just too lazy or don't know how to tune a touring car like asian and europeans do... haha.. But seriously.. ... we ran foams. Why I don't know.. But I guess everyone showed up with foams. I had to buy some from Glenn seeing as how I didn't have any. Being as how I can only use Parma tires on my Tamiya due to offset (unless if I did the pro4 spindle conversion like I did last year) I was stuck with Cyan and Magenta for Stock class. This was perfect though since the track was "green". I also ran uhhh, well I think I ran Niftech. And you could tell the traction started to come up as the day went on. You could especially tell when I drove my Mini out there. All the traction rolling it started doin.. But I got that figured out.. I guess I'll have to paint up a carpet body now..... Oh.. and I ran the "plastic" car.....
Old 10-13-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all...Entry form for Express race is posted at www.tmxpress.net
Old 10-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile rubber tires on carpet

Jimmy I was set up for rubber tires on carpet. But trying to sell that idea on everybody else was like selling a ice cube to an eskimo ! I'll see you at Logan's Sat. night. P.S. I got my update kit for my MS415 !
Old 10-13-2005, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Sounds cool Laurie. I'll have to check it out Saturday night if ya bring it. I'm gonna call George Saturday after I get off work to see if yall are still at the track or at Logans.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy

Jimmy, could you tell me how to make a little picture littler to fit over there on the left side on the screen like your MOJO-JOJO? Just can't seem to figure it out.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oppss, never mind, I think I did it!!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.