Rosewood NC Carpet Season

Old 02-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

jimmy or brandon,
which ever of ya get there first on sat, do me a favor and save me 2 pit spots. I know how that place gets.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anything with LOCKED timing is what we run, unless this has changed. This would be the C2, Reedy spec, Peak Dynasty, etc. Machine wound arms and so forth. Do you have any of these?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I won't be at the track til 5pm. So I will only get 1 qualifier in. Work sucks right now. Looking for a new job or new hobby.. I'm opting for a new job! So I'm not really motivated for this race (my car is still sitting next to me broken from the 'Birds... ). hehe

I don't really have a car to run except the EvoIV which I haven't really ran much at all on carpet. So like I said... I'm just lapped traffic.... especially with Paul coming. Is he gonna bring the POS from the 'Birds? He'll still whip us with it.. haha...

You could run Stock or 19t. For 19t, just do like Brandon said.. get any of the "spec" locked timing motors... C1, C2, Reedy Quad, or Orion/Peak Element 19t. I've seen them all run here.

Anyways... I'll catch yall there. Just wish it was bright and early! I'm sure there will be plenty of pit spaces. But I'll be sure to pass on the word to Glenn.

Jimmy Mac
Old 02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anything with LOCKED timing is what we run, unless this has changed. This would be the C2, Reedy spec, Peak Dynasty, etc. Machine wound arms and so forth. Do you have any of these?
Yea I got a couple of them I will bring down with me.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, just a reminder.... cars will be weighed in.

50oz for Spec Touring
51oz for Stock and 19t Touring
29oz for 12th scale
Old 02-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Keith- good run in stock man. It looked like they were just a tad faster than you, but you definatly drove a better race. Couple questions for ya.

I think some guys are talking about coming up on the 19th. Possibilty I might can make it up with them. What time do you guys open/start racing? 2nd question, do you guys run paragon (the wintergreen kind)? I noticed you guys get a good mod crowd, is there a 10turn limit?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Keith- good run in stock man. It looked like they were just a tad faster than you, but you definatly drove a better race. Couple questions for ya.
Thanks man, yea they were a little faster than me just need some hot batteries and I would have been faster.

I think some guys are talking about coming up on the 19th. Possibilty I might can make it up with them. What time do you guys open/start racing? 2nd question, do you guys run paragon (the wintergreen kind)? I noticed you guys get a good mod crowd, is there a 10turn limit?
Track opens up at 9am and registration ends at 11am if you get there early I will see about getting the building open earlier so you guys can get some more practice. We run paragon wintergreen kind yea. Mod keeps getting better because more of us fast guys are tired of getting beat up all the time. and there is no motor limit. They do run 10 in a main and the track is alot tighter so it gets a little close at times. Hope that answers everything if you have anymore questions drop me a line. Oh yea congrats on the marrige thing, but take this as you will don't do it. lol
keith
Old 02-27-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Congrats on the wins.. both Keith and Brandon! Good job! Yeah, Laurie and George had fast cars. But they kept getting in each others way throughout the race. That's apart of racing though.

The results are posted here. http://www.glennshobbycorner.com/page10.html

You guys heading up March 19th? Drats... wish I could make it there. But I have the TCS race that Sunday. So I'll be up in PA at that time. I'll keep checking in on the Debbie's forums on Trinity for more race info.

Anyways, thanks for coming out everyone. "I" personally can't wait til carpet season is over hehe. Then we can head outdoors. I don't think anyone should worry about getting a new drivers stand outdoors. There WILL be a new one. The old one is just toooo rotted out and falling down. So there's no way anyone can stand on it safely. Blah blah blah.... And also look for a new outdoor layout coming soon....

JMac
Old 02-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks jimmy for having me down. Track was great. Racing was great to. I think that is the most courtieous driving I have ever seen. Good luck at the TCS.

Brandon congrats on the win since I forgot to tell you earlier.

keith
Old 09-24-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Jimmy- Has there been any word on when the new season will begin. I heard October, any set date?
Old 09-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Damn Brandon, you dug deep for this thread huh! hehe... Nope, no word yet on when in October. I'll stop by Glenn's shop on Monday and ask him for a set date.

For those who don't know. Rosewood Raceway will be hosting the Express North/South Carpet Shootout race in January. I'll let John Tag finalize the details on this race. But it should be a pretty good one. Plenty of fast guys will be there! So save up your gas money and vacation and head on out!
Old 09-26-2005, 07:51 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

How many people plan on running 1/12th this year?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

What is the size of this track? Also, do you have any hotel info. for North/South Carpet Shootout?

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think it is 100x50
Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Doug D
What is the size of this track? Also, do you have any hotel info. for North/South Carpet Shootout?

Thanks!
Doug we always stay at the Quaity Inn in Goldsboro 919-735-7901

Rooms are like $60 a night and they have a FREE BUFFET breakfast! Also the Pooltable room gets intresting after a few Drinks and Logan's!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.