Rosewood NC Carpet Season

Old 04-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jimmy, not race? That's like asking him to stop breathing.

Anyhoo, see you all outside this weekend!!
Old 06-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

this should be the tread everyone uses,not the rc zone one
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Are you guys still running the Mini Coopers? If so whats the class rules for them. I might have to get one and come play a bit.

Thanks,
Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey Rich.. They follow pretty much TCS rules.. any stick pack to current rules and such.. They were a blast last season as many times they had 10 or so cars.. I'm sure somebody will see this..Jmmy or Justin and be able to help ya better... But hope to see you there..

PS: Get a touring car...LOL
Old 07-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah, TCS rules. However they are looking into using RP Mini tires for outdoors. Mainly because the Tamiya tires wear out soo fast. But so far it's TCS rules. And of course just visit www.tamiyausa.com and click on TCS at the top. It's a fun class during the winter. But outdoors, the track size really dwarfs these cars! I think some of the fast lap times are around 28sec.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Which is the mini chassis of choice?
Old 07-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The Rover or older Mini Cooper. Short wheel base works well on carpet. However the newer M03M (i think) might work pretty good too. The one with the new Suzuki body on it. On asphalt... hmmm not too sure. Everyone here runs the Rover.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Tamiya itself has divided the mini class into two sub classes: front wheel drive and rear wheel drive. Right now everyone out here is running a FWD car and yes they are all the shorter wheelbase Rover Mini's. BMW mini owners usually end up taking the spacer out and making it a short one and then get a body to go with it. The shorter wheelbase seems to handle better than the long one.
Tires that work best are the kit ones on the carpet and outside. BUT, they do tend to wear fast out there. Not so bad on the rug though. Actually, they handle better when all the tread is worn off!
Only mods are things that are made specificly for the mini's, but out here the only real one you need is bearings throughout, and the short spring set. One guy even took off his aluminum (TCS legal) shocks and put the plastic crap ones on with the short springs and kicked but last winter.

Hope this helps and I hope to see ya sometime his winter at the Wood!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the info guys.. Just another quick question.. What is the rule on electronics or is there a rule? Also what type of motors are you running? The standard or any stock based motor? And If I were to purchase the RTR Mini Cooper would that be a competitive car or would i need to upgrade the esc, Etc.? And last but not least is there a battery rule or a spec battery that has to be run?

Thanks again,
Richard
Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Rich.. Last year I got my son a RTR Mini and just added allum steering blocks and bearings and car could have won with right driver,that was stock speedo in kit too... Batteries they used same as touring 3800s but I belive 4200 are now legal too...
Old 08-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Thanks John... now that sandhills has closed Im going to need something to play with during the winter months.. Also whats a good affordable TC to get now? I went last weekend and played in the parking lot in fayetville and had a blast. Been 2 years since I'd driven a TC and Still TQ'd lol... Anyway im also in the market for a TC so any ehlp would be great.

Richard
Old 08-03-2006, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRC_DRIVER
Also whats a good affordable TC to get now?
If you want a car that performs for cheap and is very durable and won't break hardly at all, find an xray fk05 online for sale. It's the lat generation car but still fast and won't break the bank or many parts.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Brandon..

One last Question for now. Does Glenn run the Trinity T-Spec Class? My Girlfriend is kinda interested in running some if she comes with me and I was thinking about getting her a T-Spec but if they arent running the class I might just get her a Mini as well.. I Figured that the mini class might have a novice or begineer class as well.

Thanks again to everyone for all there help.
Richard
Old 08-07-2006, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any pics of the new layout for this year? and can we expect another clash between the NORTH and SOUTH again this year?
Old 08-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Champion

Layout is still the same..I hope they have it changed soon... Carpet race,good question I'm sure Glen will try and get something together and maybe I can help out again...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.