Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Carolina's Forum
Offroad track(s) in north Wilkesboro, NC anybody have info? >

Offroad track(s) in north Wilkesboro, NC anybody have info?

Offroad track(s) in north Wilkesboro, NC anybody have info?

Old 01-02-2020, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Offroad track(s) in north Wilkesboro, NC anybody have info?

I was working close to this track after my brother pointed it out to me. I stopped by to have a look. I am not a club racer and have never even been involved in any organized track events but this looks like a really nice track to me.

Anyway, does anyone know this track and who owns/manages it? Its in an area that appears to be a public park,, walking trail, baseball fields, right behind the YMCA. Pretty nice off-road track and a really nice oval that I can't believe wasn't covered in bicycle tracks since it was totally unprotected and close to everything else.

The biggest problem I saw with the track is that it is shaded on three sides and there are lots of places that hold water. I could probably just go run on it until someone tells me I can, then I could let that person tell me who owns it. But I'd prefer to get permission ahead of time.
Old 01-03-2020, 11:19 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

That is WCRC, you can find more info on their Facebook page WCRC Offroad
Old 01-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice, Looks like the track may have been brought back from the dead recently, base on FB activity. Until recently, I had removed all FB influence from my life. Now it looks like it may creep its way back in.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default -

Im not a fan of the mondo but I would love to be over there to get one just so I could sell it for an outrageous price on facebook. Then I would go buy me something useful.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

WCRC is now closed, again, unfortunately. It had re-opened last Spring and operated pretty much till the Fall. The dirt at WCRC is like no other track in the Charlotte hub. Being on a river flood plain, It is a sandy loam that never really grooves up. This provides for plenty of old-school roost. It is one of my favorite tracks - nestled in the woods which keeps it cooler & a bit shady. I hope someone picks up hosting races here again.
Old 02-23-2022, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 02-23-2022, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

RC track masters put in rhe current layout, here it is the night or so before the first race on it. So much fun

Last edited by JeepPower; 02-23-2022 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2022, 03:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

From the guys who last ran this track, they are saying that it will be soccer fields or something like that soon. It's a sad thing to lose any RC track and this was a unique one in our area. Very glad to experience it before it went away.

Here's a quick video of the Truggy main last August, under the lights to beat the heat