Old 10-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Charleston

What tracks are near Charleston SC?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are a couple tracks nearby, both are outdoors/dirt/offroad. One is called X-treme RC in Ladson, the other track is actually on somebodies property in Moncks Corner, I believe it's just called Moncks Corner Raceway. I've been to the Moncks Corner track to just run some laps by myself but I've been told Sundays are off limits for using the track, I think the property owner requested that. I'll be honest, neither track is particularly organized, just trying to find out what the class rules are seems to change depending on who you talk to. I like rules and specs clearly listed and followed, so I haven't done much racing in the area.
Nothing in the area for on-road at all unfortunately.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

SCRC in Columbia
Old 03-19-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr P!nk View Post
There are a couple tracks nearby, both are outdoors/dirt/offroad. One is called X-treme RC in Ladson, the other track is actually on somebodies property in Moncks Corner, I believe it's just called Moncks Corner Raceway. I've been to the Moncks Corner track to just run some laps by myself but I've been told Sundays are off limits for using the track, I think the property owner requested that. I'll be honest, neither track is particularly organized, just trying to find out what the class rules are seems to change depending on who you talk to. I like rules and specs clearly listed and followed, so I haven't done much racing in the area.
Nothing in the area for on-road at all unfortunately.
The best place for keeping up with Moncks Corner Raceway is the FB group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/242239725966403. The classes lately are typically novice, 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy, box stock slash, sportsman (more of a catchall), 4wd SCT, and 1/8th scale. Depending on turnout, 1/8th scale will be split up between ebuggy, nitro, and truggy. Ed is the race directory out there and is a great guy. They typically have club races every other Saturday, depending on other races / series going on in the area. The club travels to Savannah, Sumter, and MB a bit for bigger races as well. They're getting ready to do a track rebuild soon with fresh clay and a dedicated dirt oval.

Last edited by sporadic; 03-19-2019 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Moncks Corner has a great group of racers. They have helped me with anything I needed, and are about having fun and getting better. Definitely go and check the track out when you get a chance. I have been to Xtreme RC a few times but have not raced on the track yet. Looks like a great time there as well.

** when in doubt, SEND IT **