Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 08-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Question for the VTA class- may be stated somewhere on this forum, but I get a little lazy sometimes! What final drive ratio are you guys running? Tryin to gear up a car, and don’t want to order a pile of gears that are way off. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm running a 36/55 for an FDR of 3.82:1 on an old TC-4. Though not blindingly fast(after all it is VTA) it is fast enough for me. Motor temperature with that gearing is in the low 130's.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok thanks.. that’ll get me in the ball park!
Old 08-10-2018, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Glad to be of some assistance. Will be looking forward to your attendance.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Just got a restock of transponders for sale so for those of you that missed out on the last batch we are good to go again. We still have limited number of transponders available just for rental as well.

Made repairs to the attenuators at the ends of pit road to minimize that carnage and revised the "dog house" at the top of the chute coming out of the infield section back to the oval. It can still cost you if you screw up but now you really have to blow it.
Old 08-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Well, I've got good news and some not so good news. First the good. Just finished with the go ahead for at minimum another year of operating Kannapolis Raceway Park within the boundaries of Kannapolis Recreation Park. We have some improvements in mind as well as possibly some additions but more on that later. For now it is enough to know that we will continue to have a place to enjoy our hobby and get our racing fix.

The not so good news is that we will have to take this weekend's regularly scheduled race and dial it back to a free test and tune. Sorry for the inconvenience but the recent passing of a dear old family friend will pull my wife and myself out of town this weekend. I hate it but it just wouldn't be right to skip it. Since there won't be any charge for the day maybe we can have a really big 50/50 pot to help the track improvement fund. Again, my apologies but sometimes, well, you just have to do what you have to do.

See everybody soon.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry for your loss Mike! We will boost the 50/50 for ya. I'll be out with a mix of cars if anyone wants to play around with other types. I may leave the standard runners VTA/Late Model at home and bring the TT02, minis, and F1. If you have them bring them folks and we can maybe test some other cars..
Old 08-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Great idea. Bring everything out that is on road for a test and tune. Great opportunity to see what is out there hiding out in garages, closets, under the stairs and wherever else they might be lurking. You might want to try your VTA car out on the oval in preparation for the 1st.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm sorry for your loss. I hate to hear that we won't race this weekend. My son and I were going to make this our first race weekend.
Old 08-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

This is an excellent opportunity to get lots of track time without the pressure of structured competition so even though there won't be any organized there will be plenty of competition. It will be a good chance to get the feel of the cars as well as meet a lot of people that will be able to help you with any questions that you have. Don't let this lick the red off your candy so to speak.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

For all of the regulars that stop by tomorrow to test and tune, if you would, please help Vic with the new people that will likely have more questions than he can adequately answer. Not that he can't answer them but there will likely be more people asking then he can give proper attention to so please, everybody pitch in as it is for the good of us all.

I will be there for a little while in the morning to help out but likely not past 10.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Great time!!!

My boys and I made our debut at the track yesterday and had a ton of fun. That said, we found the road course was a little difficult (especially my older boy) and we wound up busting our car bodies pretty good trying to navigate the turns that we werenít ready for. Then....Vic opened up the oval and our day changed. We ran our V100ís on the oval for a long time and just had a ball. The only reason we stopped was that my sonís V100 broke a bell crank. I told Vic repeatedly that we really want to race the hot rods on the oval. It was just a great time and my boys canít wait to go back. Now Iíve order a couple of clear bodies. Can you recommend a type of paint and a good place to purchase same? Thanks again!
Old 08-19-2018, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Once again I apologize for not being able to be there but I am certainly glad that you had a good time. Sorry for the damage you incurred but it is an inevitable part of RC racing. Vic and I have a limited selection of the available bodies for the V100. I know we have a red Camaro, a blue Nissan GTR and a Blue Mustang on hand as well as a selection of the muscle car bodies from the late 60's thru early 70" that are the mainstay of VTA but are also useable in the Carolina Hot Rod group. You can find a wide selection of different bodies from HPI, McAllister racing and Protoform available through mail order or if you feel like a little trip up to Anderson RC they have a wide variety of bodies in stock as well. You might want to google the USVTA web site for a full rundown on the rules and specifications for some of the actual classes we run at KRP. There are other classes but this site will give you a great deal of information as well as pose some questions that you may want us to answer. I believe that you have my phone number so don't hesitate to give me a call.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Paint

i probably will get on of then v100 bodies eventually, but for now I need to paint two clear bodies I have. Iíll probably just use one color. Do you have any paint recommendations?
Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Stick with anything that is Polycarbonate rated. Spas-stix, Dura trax, Tamiya. Enamel won't stick to the polycarbonate and lacquer makes it brittle. If you are up to using an air brush there are several water based paints available. Since you will likely be replacing bodies at an accelerated rate until you find the track boundaries I would get a can of clear lacquer and shoot the inside of the body with a couple lite coats and then just use Krylon. If you can get to Race Dawg's in Fort Mill you might be able to pick up the right paint.

If I can help, let me know. See you on the 1st of Sept.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.