Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 06-27-2018, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

https://www.t2shop.de/epages/6174632...2&Locale=en_GB
Old 06-27-2018, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

A headless F-1 driver! How true to scale that would be in a lot of cases. The halo idea is a good one and would ad some structure around it. On the Mini-Z F-1's we would just leave the driver figure out of the car and place the transponder there.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

I need to look at how the Halo is installed. I may be able to desing and print something. I printed a new front wing and a battery lock for my xray last night. The new front wing is for me to bash and learn without tearing up the stock one. It's PLA so it won't last long, but it's a good dispossible.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
A headless F-1 driver! How true to scale that would be in a lot of cases. The halo idea is a good one and would ad some structure around it. On the Mini-Z F-1's we would just leave the driver figure out of the car and place the transponder there.
Couldn't you just mount it on one of the sidepods (the one facing the infrared receiver)? Or am I just missing something?

Mark
Old 06-28-2018, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Mark, you aren't missing anything. The transponders are line of sight so mounting them on the body is effective. However. it does become annoying to deal with plugging and unplugging from the receiver and routing the harness for its own safety. That is why a small clear spot on the nose or placing it in the cockpit sans driver is just simpler. I know the purists may gag at the idea of no driver figure but with the new "halo" they are pretty much invisible anyway. There may be some other options as well but I haven't taken the time to sit down with the old F-1 to research it.

I'm going to be in the Asheville area tomorrow. Are there any real hobby shops there? you know, just in case my anniversary celebration allows for it.
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 06-28-2018, 06:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
Mark, you aren't missing anything. The transponders are line of sight so mounting them on the body is effective. However. it does become annoying to deal with plugging and unplugging from the receiver and routing the harness for its own safety. That is why a small clear spot on the nose or placing it in the cockpit sans driver is just simpler. I know the purists may gag at the idea of no driver figure but with the new "halo" they are pretty much invisible anyway. There may be some other options as well but I haven't taken the time to sit down with the old F-1 to research it.

I'm going to be in the Asheville area tomorrow. Are there any real hobby shops there? you know, just in case my anniversary celebration allows for it.
I think there's a Hobby Town somewhere in Asheville. I live out near the airport, the only thing near there is a Hobby Lobby. Nothing RC related AFAIK.

Enjoy your anniversary celebration!

Old 06-29-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Hobby Clown in Asheville

In my opinion, the Hobby Clown in Asheville isn't worth the effort of walking from the sidewalk in the door.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

I may go a little out of my way to visit even a bad Hobby shop but I won't cross the street for even the best Hobby Town unless there is just no other option.

Already home. The Chihuly glass exhibits in the Gardens at the Biltmore are worth entertaining the girls and lunch at the stables is always good.
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 07-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Weather for Saturday looks good if it's true. We do have a 50% chance of rain with AM showers but the temperature is forecast to be in the upper 70's. if we do get early morning rain it will wash everything down and it does dry really quickly so we won't be so quick to through in the towel like last time it rained early.

The Transponders are on their way home and tracking shows them here by Friday if not tomorrow.

We will run the same groups as last event with VTA, CHR/Mod and of course the late models.

See everybody soon.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Transponders are back in my hands. I knew there wouldn't be an issue but I am glad they are here today instead of tomorrow. You know, Murphy's law.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Here it is, Friday evening and it is raining. I hope it rains fairly hard until about midnight and then stops. The track will be getting a good bath.

See everybody in the morning.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Headed toward the track. 72* full on cloudy with high expected to be 77*. 10% chance of rain and a rising barometer. Couldn't ask for a better race day forecast.

See everybody shortly.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Yesterday's weather was one for the books. This time of year there couldn't have possibly been a better day to be outdoors. At times it felt like you could have used a jacket or at least long sleeves. It actually did rain a little bit. I think the total count of rain drops by everybody that was there came up to an even dozen. The temperature crested at 72*. The previous evening's storm created some obstacles for area racers as many were caught in clean up and repair situations. That coupled with the fact it was still effectively the 4th of July weekend pretty much killed the turn out but did allow for a free test and tune day that showed some lap times in the 24's on the squeeky clean surface that the Friday evening storm provided. This is our fiest season of operation and we are rapidly learning that scheduling anything during traditional vacation times may not pay off as one might want. Maybe everybody will be back in the groove on the 21st of July.

On a positive note, no missed laps were detected by our newly updated transponders so hopefully we may have that issue behind us. For those of you that couldn't make it out I will babysit your transponders until next time. If they are needed before the 21st we will make some arrangements.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Sorry for being slack for a few days but sometimes life gets in the way.

Going to be looking into picking up material to put some shade on the drivers stand. After a couple of races back when the track temps were so high driver comfort takes on a whole new meaning.

Hope to see everyone on the 21st so you can all have your transponders back.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just found this thread... what are the rules for your VTA class?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service