Like Tree145Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 06-11-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Do you know where the rules for the TT02 class can be found?

I think most clubs are coming up with there own rules, who race the TT02 class or TT02 type S class. Guess get enough guys to run the class and agree on what itís allowed and not.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Tri Guy mentioned that HT in Mooresville was trying to get something started with this chassis so if someone can look into what he plans to do we should be able to piggyback it to maintain rules consistency. I just went to Tamiya's site to see what I could find but could find nothing useful.

As previously mentioned we are up for anything that can provide a self supporting group or class. So far we have been sticking with three classes that are decently supported cause they are paying the bills so to speak. We have always intended to run various classes in rotation. We have no desire to exclude anyone or anything as long as they can conform to the track rules which currently are no prep on tires. And that isn't etched in Granite. We are still trying to evaluate the durability of the sealer that was used to lay out the racing surface. Since temperatures have gotten progressively hotter with each event the traction keeps changing. I would much rather have you at the track contributing to a solution than to have you sniveling on social media about how you are being left out because you can't have it your way..
Old 06-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

OK. Sorry for the delay but sometimes things get in the way. The turn out was a touch less than stellar what with graduations and other things taking place but it took nothing away from the racing. As I mentioned in the Saturday teaser we have a new track record. I am missing one of the heat sheets so it may actually be a little better than the time posted in the main. The main had the podium all on the same lap with Brian "cheeseburger"C taking the top step with 18 laps and a best time of 24.980. His traveling partner, Bevin M was second with a best and new record lap of 24.780. Our own Andy M rounded out the podium with a best of 25.424 and as mentioned all were just seconds apart on the same lap. In VTA Andy M extracted some revenge by taking the top step with a 14 lap run and best lap of 27.059. Vic C came in second with a determined drive to best John R who finished third. The VTA crowd remains a tad perplexed with the Protoform tire but we are making gains so maybe in another event or two we will have them sorted a little more. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Ah, the Late models. They continue to make baking your brains in the Carolina sun worth it. When it was all over and done it was Andy M followed be myself and Vic C. in third.

We may mix things up a bit for next race and see if we can bring in some of the TC's that are out there while bearing in mind that everything 17.5 and under is considered a modified so the Carolina Hot rods will mix in. Bring your Sorex and Jaco's and whatever other rubber tires you have just leave the Gerry curl at home. We will give it a try and see if common ground can be found.

Stay tuned.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the recap Mike! Looks like my short in the last race didn't do any damage beyond loosen up my rack so I'm primed for next time.

As for the TT02 class.. I'll give my 2 cents from talking with everyone in the area who intended to run this class, but hasn't gotten it going yet.

Rules were going to be You can run whatever mods you want on the TT02 as long as you keep the stock brushed motor, esc, and gearing that comes in the kit. It needs to be the 190mm kit versus the 200mm kit that they offer with the Porsche. I'd suggest changing out to fluid dampers and universal shafts versus the dog bones at least in the front. Concering tires I think they were just going to run the stock tires from the kit, but I'd suggest just leaving it open. You can only go so fast with the stock gearing. Body needs to be a stock offered Tamiya body. So the intent isn't to come out with a bunch of 190mm TC bodies. I think we set the bar for the class and let everyone else match what we do if they ever get around to running them local. It's in everyone's best interest to just draw a line and do put it out there.

I know myself and Knuckles both have these cars ready to roll. Nutdriver.. you in? Let's get 5 and have some fun. The TT02s are fun to run once you get it adjusted in and I'm tired of waiting for everyone under the sun to "get to it". I bash mine all the time. I know there are a few folks in Mooresville area that have them. We may be able to get HT to put something up about it to drive interest.

I'm even up for building a formula car to support additional classes. Mike, is it the F104 kit you were suggesting with a 25.5 motor that would match up with that class?

Last edited by triguy1975; 06-12-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm up for anything that can constitute a class as long as I am not the one that has to police it beyond a given point. As for the F-1 send me an email so the conversation can be less restrictive.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have 2 TT02 cars for sale, both are ARTR, add receiver and go. I have batterys as well that go with them. 1 is stock, 1 has aluminum oil shocks and a few other things. I also have a bunch of parts for them, the suspension trees with arms, knuckles and all. Text me and we can talk, will let go at a good deal.

704-796-4503
Old 06-16-2018, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to get a head count on local racers that are setting on a legends car. We are fielding questions on them more and more frequently on the social media side. If we can get just a couple more we can add them to the rotation.

As mentioned a few posts back I believe we are going to change up a bit from the Carolina Hot Rods to Mod for the next event. The CHR cars fit the mod class so nothing changes for them so If you have something that you would like to try out then bring it on. Run what you brung on Rubber tires no prep. Any questions just post them up.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Mike,
Just as an FYI (that you may already realize), the Legends cars CAN fit the WGT-R tires to their cars without modifications. Saying this in case the foam tires don't last as long as you would like.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks so much Scott. I suppose that TQRC is a viable source? Any others?
Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rubber tires

The wheels are made by CRC. They also make pre-mounts. I know that TQRC racing carries them. I expect that Stormer Hobbies, A Main, Tower, and others carry them as well.
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Was able to find them. Thanks again. That looks like a viable solution in the event that the standard "legends" tire proves to be too ineffective. We have tested some of the "Mill Hill" late models on foams with negligible wear. Now we just have to see what and who shows up.
NutDriver likes this.
Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Legends

What are the motor/battery/etc rules for the Legends cars?
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have seen listings with two different basic rules sets. I have to have a couple of guys with them show up so we can establish them. As I have frequently mentioned, I don't want to spend the entire race meet playing Top Cop to a bunch of, well, let's just leave it at that.