Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 11-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Delivered 500 feet of railing to the track today. Also took my VTA car along for a little jaunt. Weather was 52* and about 90% humidity with quite a bit of leaf litter and dust on the surface. Not exactly ideal. The car was surprisingly drivable with the set up that I last raced with. Not fast mind you but easily controllable. Better actually than the last trip to Easley. Going back over on Friday to get some work done so I will take the blower and do a little housekeeping first.
NutDriver and scirocco14 like this.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

On another note the track info has leaked out onto "social media" which has resulted in 386 hits since last night. Most of it positive but a portion is drivel. Interesting though that there are that many 1/10 on road fans in the area. Since my partner hasn't been able to eat a meal without his phone blowing up he is directing everyone to RC Tech and the Carolina's forum in particular so stay tuned.

Anyone with access to 3/8 ReBar in length's over 12" and free, we are having a workday on Friday.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Just created a profile on RC tech. Seen this the other day and commented on Facebook. Operated the dirt oval in Statesville for almost 7 years. Always looking to get a new location up and running. Anything I can do to help let me know
NutDriver likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for coming aboard this forum. Everybody cries FB but I don't buy it. Sure we will have a presence there but this forum will be the clearing house for all that we will be doing. We will be doing some dirt (type) oval racing but without the dirt. It is something we have done for several years and no one has ever broken a part. Seems like a good formula and there isn't any of the mess.

If we can get this wrapped up quickly enough we plan to have a sort of open house test and tune before the Holiday's with a first event mid January on the off Saturday from Easley.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What is the power situation at the track?
Old 11-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Starting out it will be completely "old school" so bring your deep cycle marine battery to hook your chargers to. For as brief a time as possible it will be tailgate racing. As mentioned earlier there will be limited pit space inside the fence on a first come first serve basis. The property owners have said that they are willing to pull power to the enclosure at which time we will put a 4-plex box on each post to serve the fenced pit area but will also service the grass side along the fence where the truck is parked in the aerial pictures. That whole side will be reserved for racer parking with the exception of the first couple of spots near the corner by the gate. These will be marked for handicap access. The drivers stand initially will not have access for the handicapped but I am working with a local racer that is wheel chair bound to create a separate stand for that use. There are restroom facilities but for now it is a couple of hundred yards to the main building. House rule number one will be "nobody pees in the trees".
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

I don't have a deep cycle marine battery. So I'll have to investigate other options.

At our RC flying field, they built a solar panel system on the roof of the flying shed, which powered 2 deep cycle batteries, which then fed a charging station for battery chargers. Maybe something to consider for the future?

MC
Old 11-22-2017, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

We actually have a solar connection so that is something that needs to be looked into. A completely "green" facility. Generators are an option as long as they are quiet, you know, no open exhaust. We do have neighbors.
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Excuse me Sir......That ain't no mini-z track !!!
Looks beautiful and I wish you luck. Now could I ask you to build something on the eastern side of NC ?? I need a track within an hour of a little place called Aulander, NC.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Excuse me Sir......That ain't no mini-z track !!!
Looks beautiful and I wish you luck. Now could I ask you to build something on the eastern side of NC ?? I need a track within an hour of a little place called Aulander, NC.
Having spent over ten years in eastern NC teaching at East Carolina University, I can promise you there is NOTHING within an hour of Aulander... Except tobacco, cotton, and cows.

MC
Old 11-22-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jeez, maybe you could've sugar coated that a little !!
Have to look around a bit but maybe a little farther out...Va.Bch. or Fayetteville area. If not....I'll have to settle for taking the wife and cruising around the back roads of NC.
Maybe I should put some RCP track down somewhere and use that brand new Mini-Z and radio I bought from some guy called mleemor60.
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Not to take this thread off topic but there is a group running in Kenley I believe. Not sure but it is East of Raleigh. I will verify and PM you.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Jeez, maybe you could've sugar coated that a little !!
Have to look around a bit but maybe a little farther out...Va.Bch. or Fayetteville area. If not....I'll have to settle for taking the wife and cruising around the back roads of NC.
Maybe I should put some RCP track down somewhere and use that brand new Mini-Z and radio I bought from some guy called mleemor60.
Sorry, I should have been a little kinder. Most of my family lives in New Bern, NC, which is down east. They love it. I couldn't wait to move west to the mountains!

There is a good on-road carpet track in Durham, NC. Ho B Max RC Park in the Northgate Mall. It's a little bit of a drive from where you'll be, but it's a good group of racers.

Mark
Old 11-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Tech Initiate

As far as the dirt oval part goes what will be the classes? Reason I ask is I do custom RC stuff and for about 5 years I have been the provider for all dirt modified bodies for the local dirt oval here in Statesville. I would be more than happy to supply a body for modifieds if I know what it needs to fit. Currently I have templates to make 1/10 scale for buggy and car chassis as well as 1/8 to fit sct. If there is any interest let me know.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:24 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Looking forward to running here!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.