R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Carolina's Forum

Like Tree86Likes

Old 01-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #196
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have a couple of my own that I can use as loaners but until I can get a pre order for 10 I'm not going to incur the expense.

Everybody with a mini should bring it just in case VTA, USGT or F-1 don't have the needed 6 to make a class.
scirocco14 likes this.
mleemor60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:53 PM   #197
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleemor60 View Post
I have a couple of my own that I can use as loaners but until I can get a pre order for 10 I'm not going to incur the expense.

Everybody with a mini should bring it just in case VTA, USGT or F-1 don't have the needed 6 to make a class.
I've got both my Minis ready (M05 & M06), just have to wait and see what the weather holds for the 20th. It might be fun to come and check out what all the fuss is about.

If I make it, I'll definitely have my F1's ready to rock 'n roll. Along with my USGT and USVTA cars.

Good thing I bought a bigger SUV.

Mark C.
knuckles30 likes this.
Mark C. USVTA #115 TC5 & Xray T4 '13, USGT #115 Xray T4 '13
USVTA-F1 #115 F103/4 & F1R3 & WTF1 FC-16. Tamiya M05 M06
Easley RC Raceway, The RUG
scirocco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 06:26 PM   #198
Tech Addict

For the opener I named USGT/VTA/F-1 as the three classes. If there aren't enough(6) for any of the named classes then we will need something to fill in if there are at least 6 of them.

Once again, If you want a transponder then get in touch with me quickly so I can arrange to have some here on the 20th. I need an order of ten to qualify for the slightly lower price which I believe is $35.50 as opposed to $38.50 each.

I hope the weather is at least as good as it was for the grand opening. That was colder than a witches, ah, you know what I mean but it turned into a pretty nice day. Just remember we are starting without electricity so everybody can keep warm standing around the generators.

Here is a schedule of the dates that we will be running for 2018.
Attached Thumbnails
Kannapolis Raceway Park-2018-krp-race-dates.jpg  
Old 01-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #199
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Out of curiosity, why did you set the minimum number for a class at 6?

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:40 AM   #200
Tech Addict

The track footprint is such that I don't think any fewer than 6 can adequately marshal the track. If class car count becomes an issue we will find a solution.

To say that there won't be any teething concerns would be outrageously facetious. Right now I am scared sh1tless that I will screw up with the timing system. Not the system itself but my ability to run it properly. it has been quite some time since I did anything with it and at that I was the back up starter/operator. I am hoping that I can get it set up here at the house and do a dry run with the first string starter before he moves away next week.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 AM   #201
Tech Addict

We got out to the track today to deliver the 24' bridge section for the timing system but that was about it. We would have liked to have gotten it installed but I have this thing about working with 110V power tools in the rain. The track is getting a much needed bath though. We did get some measurements so that we can trim the corner at the end of the back straight. It will be just a little off the sides cut at a 45* angle so there will be a full dot(low profile) there instead of a 3/4 so the margin for error should be a tad bigger.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:38 AM   #202
Tech Rookie

Hey! I need some solder work done, I can’t get mines to stick lol. Cheap solder tool I guess.
Mrcaldwell704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:33 AM   #203
Tech Addict

Give me a call Cort. We can take care of it over the weekend.

With the continued rain and pleasant temperatures the track is now getting a SPA treatment as opposed to just a bath. Work continues though with pre-fabbing bits to be used later.

One week from tomorrow. Everybody please remember that we don't have access to a card reader yet so everything will be coin of the realm. Race fee's will be $15, $10 and $5 with USGT/VTA/F-1 classes being run for the opener. bring your mini's just in case we fall short of the minimum 6.
Mrcaldwell704 likes this.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #204
Tech Addict

It has been a mentally productive and satisfying day. Got the timing system set up and ran some transponders through it and then went back in and changed names on some of my personal transponders to L2, L3, L4 to indicate loaners and to see that I could in fact do it. Got the new printer installed and set up and everything is working, well, OK. The only remaining concern with everything is my confidence to pull it off when it matters.

Monday we will go back over and paint the bridge painted and installed and do a cable layout for the system to make sure it is long enough and then just generally do housekeeping in preparation for the weekend. Which, by the way, is currently showing in the mid 50's with "0" chance of rain. lets get together mentally and project those positive thoughts.

Stay tuned.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:20 PM   #205

Trader Rating: 463 (100%+)

Maybe I missed it. Are you using Ilaps?

Matt
Old 01-13-2018, 04:32 PM   #206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes they are, Matt.

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #207
Tech Addict

Affirmative. I-Laps it is with Z-round software.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #208
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I will have some extra transponders also, can you make some adapters for the mini z plug?
HotRod68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #209
Tech Addict

I made up a couple today but don't have any more parts. if you have the Z end I can scrounge up a few of the receiver ends. Let me know. I can do it tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #210
Tech Addict

I feel that I need to give a call out to our sister track at the Hobby Connection in Easley SC. At their event yesterday they talked us up and recommended to their locals that they give us some support. Thanks Corey. You can look for some of that same support in return as I will do all I can to promote your operation as well. Maybe we can get a little intrastate competition going between the two facilities. If we can get some of our people to travel the short hop down I-85 they will get to see what a first class operation that the Hobby Connection is.