Like Tree178Likes

Kannapolis Raceway Park

Old 12-29-2017, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Got back out to the track today around 3:30 with a couple of cars and a new guy we have picked up. Our videographer, yes, we have a guy that does this stuff for a living and also races anyway, he wanted to shoot more cars on the track so he could better piece together his project which should be ready in the next few days. We did notice that this time of year and this late in the afternoon the sun becomes a bit of an issue without leaves on the trees. It lasts about 20 minutes then it's gone but it does emphasize the need to keep the program moving so we can get done for the day prior to having to deal with it.

Weather is supposed to be fairly nice tomorrow so we are going to try to add some more of the frosting on the cake so stay tuned.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 12-30-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Some really nice weather today allowed us to get the small sections of carpet secured to the inside corners of the ovals so it will be more like a sand trap than a barrier. We also got some red paint on all the road course rails to help demarcate the turns by adding visibility and finally added some distance markers at the sharp end of the back straight so you will know when you are 30, then 20 and finally 10 feet from what may be a flaps up, wheels in the wells, belly to the ground full tilt boogey 90* left hander.

With the open house just one week away it is going to be a few days of tying up loose ends and hoping the weather man is full of sh1t and we will have a nice balmy 40+ which would be acceptable.

Have had a contact or two via PM concerning the list. Thanks. Keep them coming.

Got a couple of new pictures today as well. Nothing special just red paint on a white background.
Attached Thumbnails Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171230_153554.jpg   Kannapolis Raceway Park-20171230_153619.jpg  
Old 12-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Been a little absent here lately. Working 7days a week and over 55 hours has been rough. I will be free on the 6th for the opening and plan on being there. Mike if you need anything between now and then you or Vic let me know. I dont have anything to bring to race other than a rear wheel drive M06. Hope mother nature plays nice and we will get to have a nice opening day.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Jacob. At least now you are getting hours in. The open house will be more of a meet and greet than anything else. There will be track time for everybody that wants it but we really want to see what is out there for people and product so we can begin to group like with like. It also will let people know that we will be operating a pretty tight operation, family based, no alcoholic beverages and so on.

Looking forward to seeing you there. Everybody else as well.
Old 12-31-2017, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Can't wait buddy. I will be bringing one of my statesville Rc friends with me. He has a couple touring cars but like me he is more of a vintage guy lol. May we bring flyers for the Iredell RC Outlaws group to hand out at the open house? If not I understand. We are both wanting to get more into the road racing scene so that's our reason for coming down Saturday.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

The nice thing about the Vintage touring cars is it doesn't matter what the touring chassis is as long as it is 4WD and has the other vintage components installed to make it legal.

Bring your flyers and make them available. My feelings are the more information about what is out there, the more people are willing to be involved. It can be hard to justify the investment with only one place to race.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Track looks incredible. Wish it was closer to Spartanburg. Hopefully will make it up one day.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

It isn't really that far. I routinely travel to the Hobby Connection to race. We will run on the Easley off weeks on Saturday so as not to affect the Durham/ Columbia Bush River tracks that run on Sunday. Finally there will be on road racing on every weekend on both days. Two outdoor and two indoor. Could and should be a winner for all.
scirocco14 and knuckles30 like this.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm starting to race VTA at Easely...hopefully this weekend. Your track is a good option for sure.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Once everything is up and running you will be able to race one Saturday at Easley and the next with us. Ultimately we will be sure to set our schedules so as not to be in direct competition with each other. That way we can have intermural team type challenges and point series races.
NutDriver likes this.
Old 01-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default USGT setup

What cars should I look for far as the GT class. 4tec 2.0 Iím looking at?
Old 01-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

MrC,
I am of the opinion that the 4tec 2.0 may not be the best choice. While Traxxas has brought many new people into the hobby, I don't feel that they offer a competitive platform for VTA, USGT, or any other faster class. A Team Associated car from the TC4 through the 7.1, an Xray T4 of any year, a Yokomo, a VBC, etc are all better choices. Come on the 6th and we will have many different chassis to show and we will be happy to answer questions. If you aren't familiar with them, check out the VTA, USGT, and F1 rules at U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series
Old 01-01-2018, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

What he said.

There will likely be a place for the Fortec from Traxxas but it will be in an entry level capacity that can be run right out of the box so to speak. These cars are not really updatable to true competition levels but as built can provide a good platform for people new to the hobby to learn the in's and out's of structured competition. In the end if you decide to move up into one of the more competitive classes there is very good resale value in moving it on to another that is just getting started.

What ever your decision please stop by on Saturday between 11-4 and at least meet everybody and get a feel for what is going on.

Hope to see you there.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Really nice job on the track, Mike & Vic. I'm looking forward to coming to visit sometime and check it out...when it warms up!!!

Mark C.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

We do wish that it not be quite so nippley but it is what it is. The dog days will be back before we know it and then we will be wishing for cooler weather.

Bundle up everybody. See you in 4 days.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 2.14 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.