Like Tree20Likes

Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nov 18th club race

What an awesome day it was for yesterday. Hope everyone had enjoyed yourselves. I know the day went by so fast that I could realized it was over. As like everyone else, we like to have more track time. Well, don't worry we have 2 more in Dec before we break for the holidays season.

Attached are the results from this race. Enjoy them,let us know if there's any questions. We also started a new novice class for anyone that have never raced on carpet or with a club or just want to try out if you like it or not.
Just a warning, it's addictive

We are here to promote fun to the hobby and also some friendly competitions at the higher level. Bring your love ones or friends to check us out.
Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R4_Race_02_NOVICE_A-Main.pdf (28.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf
Old 11-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default con't

Here's some more results...
Attached Files
Old 11-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Nov 18th club race qualifier results

Thought this might entertain some of you. Qualifying results from round 1-4.
Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (55.5 KB, 92 views)
Round2.txt (57.7 KB, 72 views)
Round3.txt (58.0 KB, 86 views)
Round4.txt (46.7 KB, 104 views)
Old 11-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Series Points updated

Hey Everyone,

With the first race in our Winter Points Series now in the history books, I just want to let you know that the points have been tabulated and posted on RC Points Manager, here:

OMG! I gotta check those points out right now!!!

Looking forward to our next race on Dec 9th.

Cheers,

-Doug
Old 11-24-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by V-point
Hey Everyone,

With the first race in our Winter Points Series now in the history books, I just want to let you know that the points have been tabulated and posted on RC Points Manager, here:

Cheers,

-Doug
Heck yeah! That’s a good system for points. Easy to read and understand.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

CLUB RACE THIS SATURDAY

Doors open at 6AM, please come help setup as early as possible!

bring all your cars out!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

Cheers,

-Doug
Is the points structure after 3rd place correct?
Old 12-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlexPate
Is the points structure after 3rd place correct?
I **think so**. If you hover your mouse over the blue points total, a popup should appear that explains how the points for that person were derived.
Unless I screwed up. Which could be. 'Cuz it happened once before. I think. One time.
If there's an entry that you think has an error, please let me know which one.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I **think so**. If you hover your mouse over the blue points total, a popup should appear that explains how the points for that person were derived.
Unless I screwed up. Which could be. 'Cuz it happened once before. I think. One time.
If there's an entry that you think has an error, please let me know which one.
4th through 12th all got 9 points
Attached Thumbnails Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad-img_2323.png  
Old 12-07-2017, 11:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AlexPate
4th through 12th all got 9 points
Yep. See message #29. Overgeared Racing 2017/18 Winter Season - Vancouver Indoor Onroad. The VARA website has a pretty good explanation of the rationale: https://www.vararacing.com/standings-points
Old 12-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cole & I have a "santa thing" in the morning, might be running late. Please register as follows...

Cole:
12th stock & Scale Spec

Kyle:
12th mod & TC Stock
Old 12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Default Dec 9th Club Race

Hello everyone, great to see everyone again.

Great euro truck turnout. Had a lot of chuckles along the way. Winning was not the thing, it's how you finish with a smile.

12th scale stock is growing, we decide we promote it over 12th mod.
It seems to be the logical way as there's not many mod 12th guys.

F1 had a low turn out. Hopefully we get more guys into it.

Big Block Scale spec. It's doing very good. Lots of competitive racing and fun.Great to see Justin.G making his way here. He's displaying competitiveness with the TA07. and winning in the A main. Runner up was Jason in his Awesomatix A700. In 3rd Doug with only one thing in his mind was to finish it in on the podium. Top 3 drivers had to drive through all the back markers and traffic. It wasn't easy but they showed good racing and had fun.

Supertouring Stock. It just got better and better. We had a B main almost full grid. Shawn. F.W took the win, runner up was Doug and he kept that pressure up to finish on the podium. Alex M took the final podium. Top 2 drivers had their game plans all out to take last 2 spots to bump into the A main. Alex fought hard but time ran out for him. Next time.

Now in the A main...Mr Smooth and fast (Keith Yu) exhibits the new power from the Orca Blitreme 17.5 motor. He has been dominating the entire day with it. Runner up, Tiny with his new Yokomo and 3rd place Edmond Lee in his Infinity.

Mod touring. Turnout was a little low. JT had broken twice before the first lap of warm up was the high light ... but he didn't give up.
Winning the A main was Logan, he tried very hard not to over push the car and kept his cool, 2nd place goes to JT after a hard fought battle and I took the respectful 3rd place after Alex P had a misfortune hitting Nospoom corner.

Our novice program is working, anyone who wants to join are welcome. We have loaner cars here too. You will need to let us know and reserve it.
This will get you going.

Attached are the results for your reading pleasure. We shall see you next week for our final club race of the year before going into 2018.
Attached Files
Round1.txt (56.7 KB, 96 views)
Round2.txt (58.1 KB, 62 views)
Round3.txt (57.9 KB, 92 views)
Round4.txt (47.2 KB, 125 views)
Old 12-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just wondering if i could get some input from those running on black carpet, as we still have grey carpet in penticton. Going to be getting a new tc body for stock racing was wondering what seems to be the ticket these days on black? I run the ltc2.0 right now and love it for grey carpet, would it still be fine for black carpet? Also would like to stick within the protoform race bodies range. Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Points Update

Round TWO is now recorded in the history books, but you can relive all the excitement as you ponder the current points standings on RC Points Manager. Here's the link:
Dare I look? I must, I must!
For any racer, just hover your mouse over the blue points to see where the points were awarded, and where they were missed. Even at this early stage, you can get a glimpse of what's to come with this year's points system. It is tough to get ahead, and even tougher to stay there. In some cases there is more than half-a-dozen hungry drivers constantly nipping at the leader's heels. In fact, the biggest lead is in Big Block Scale Spec, where Justin Gilkison's lightning pace through eight grueling heats has given him an incredible lead -- of FIVE whole points!
Throughout almost every class, we see fast guys lower down in the standings due to brutally punishing DNFs, mostly during the qualifying heats. Worse yet is when an entire heat is missed. Is this system about preparedness? Speed? Luck? Consistency? Strategy? Or all of the above? Can drivers adapt? Will they? To find out, you need to be there for Round THREE this Saturday, Dec 16.
Cheers,

-Doug
Old 12-12-2017, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Justin33
Just wondering if i could get some input from those running on black carpet, as we still have grey carpet in penticton. Going to be getting a new tc body for stock racing was wondering what seems to be the ticket these days on black? I run the ltc2.0 right now and love it for grey carpet, would it still be fine for black carpet? Also would like to stick within the protoform race bodies range. Thanks
I was more of a fan of the ltc than the 2.0 on both grey and black

New hotness are the ms7 and type s from protoform as well as the montech racer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.