gen3HV ORCA LCG 6300mAH
Old 02-14-2018, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stikman View Post
I have 2 batteries packs for sale if anyone is interested:

gen3HV ORCA LCG 6300mAH
I will take them. Just wondering about pack condition
Pm the details. Wondering about pics. And shipping. Or transport to Kamloops WCICS
Looking for a couple lightly used packs

Who is stikman lol. I've heard hat handle before
Old 02-14-2018, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

Default Round Six Complete

Round Six is history. Here's how it went down:

In a strong field of F1, A. Pate took TQ and the win, but a DNF in Q3 kept him from maximizing his points. This was Alex's first run in F1 this year though, so it hasn't really shaken up the tight battle between Ed and Chris, but it did keep the rest of the field from losing any more ground.

In Euro Truck, S. Yoshida kept his rig out in front and drove cleanly through the treacherous dotted funnel on the straight-away. This netted him a perfect 13 points and provided a little schooling for the rest of the field. D. Lima wasn't ready for Q1 and so his 2nd place position in the points falls a little closer to the C. Johnson's ever improving results which have earned him a well-deserved 3rd place in the series so far.

Another perfect day in Big Block Scale Spec for Tiny, his 13 points move him another rung up the ladder. D. Lima again showed that incredible speed of his to net him 2nd in the A-main, but he failed to make Q1 in this class (just like he did in Euro Truck!) and he's missed valuable points because of it. Average finishes for points series leaders J. Lee and A. Mardones brings the rest of the field a little closer to them. Hmmm... we'll have to see... what happens.... next round.

"F" E. Dinter put on a show in Touring 17.5, adding 13 big points to his name. Yeah, that's right, he's first in the series, but E. Lim and A. Mardones are only 4 points behind, and with Tiny only 4 behind those two, the battling is just about to begin in this class.

J. Tsang got TQ in 12-stock, but the 10-minute A-main put him down to a third-place finish, while L. Ruck took second and E. Mardones went home with the win and gained 3 points over series leader "F" E. Dinter. The top four in this class are within five points of each other.

And finally, in Touring-Mod, L. Ruck scored a perfect 13 to cut 2 more points out of J. Tsang's lead. The rest of the field follows hungrily.

Okay, so that is the Cole's Note's version. Now, take at look at the points yourself (this link will take you to them) and if you're racing this Saturday, you can figure out what you have to do to improve your position. Round Seven marks the pivotal halfway point in the series -- just a few more rounds and throw-outs come into play. Oh, and I haven't really mentioned it before, but there's the bonus points too...

Doors open 6:00am, the faster we get the track set up, the more practice we get!
chrisman and R3VoLuTiOn like this.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

10 minute main in 12th was due to someone having less than a 3mm ride hight... lifted the tape and carpet... 2 minutes to fix.. great job track repair crew... Make sure your cars are legal... suprise tech inspection may be coming😈
Old 02-18-2018, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Feb 17 Club race results

What a race day... Lot's of you came and had a great time. A lot of close racing and back to back for some but we made it through the day.
Thanks to all that had stayed and help tear down.
I'm sure the excitement are still there. Fear no more, we have another race coming up next week. Feb 24 before Kamloops race.
We shall see you next week.

Attached are results of yesterday race. Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (69.9 KB, 41 views)
Round2.txt (71.3 KB, 28 views)
Round3.txt (71.8 KB, 44 views)
Round4.txt (49.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 02-20-2018, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Ding-Ding-Ding. Points are updated

Round 7 ran Feb 17th more or less as scheduled, and the points are now officially entered. For those with short memories, a quick recap follows:

We welcomed back the Novice class, with Billy and Gary getting more wheel time along with Lee and Tai. New to the scene with us was Kevin, who set about shifting gears from off-road. He wasn't quite able to best the high-water mark of 19 laps in his Euro-truck, but it wasn't for lack of trying or skill.

Only 3 drivers ran Formula 1 in Round7 , and the rules say you need 4 to make it a points race, so there's no change in the points. Instead, I offer this rather eloquent poem, which I made up all by myself:

There once was a man from Nantucket.
In F1 he really had struck it.
As he cruised to the win,
he said with a grin,
"If I had YOUR crappy car, then I'd chuck it."
Ahem, yes, well err, um, moving on then:

In 12th stock, Mr. Ruck grabbed TQ with an impressive run in Q2, but he had to settle for 3rd place in the A-main as it was Mr. E. Mardones who took the checkered flag and that vaults him into first place ahead of Mr. Dinter - by one point!

Mr. Yoshida continues to dominate Euro-truck, and would be a cinch to win the series, but only time will tell if he can overcome his late start and accumulate the necessary points.

Mr. Welch put on another stellar show in BBSS whilst fending off hard chargers Justin Gilkison and Chris Lim. These battles of the giants haven't affected the top three in the series yet, but there's a good chance that they will, and with yours truly sitting on the top three bubble, well, let's just say I can see the freight train coming in the rear-view mirror.

Congratulations are in order for Mr. Jason Lee, who scored his first ever Touring Stock 17.5 A-main Victory on OGR carpet. He's been waiting for this moment for a long time, so I'm not 3even going to mention the "also rans".

And finally, in Touring Mod, Mr. Yu waved the victory flag, Mr. Tsang came in second, but Mr. Ruck's third place finish combined with TQ keeps him only eight points behind points leader Tsang.

Important! Moving forward: Feb 24th marks Round 8 and with the cancellation of March 3rd (in deference to the Kamloops WCICS race) there are only five more race-days to go. The points series is still very close in all classes, and with throw-outs and bonus points still to be factored in, well, you just never know how it will turn out. Leastwise, I don't.

Hoping to see you all on Saturday. Until then, you can while away the hours staring at all those points you've acquired by clicking here.

Last edited by V-point; 02-20-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: I can't spill too good!
Old 02-20-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Mains Races Uploaded, Scroll to the bottom: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5wiDeOykVCDEHZ

Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tomorrow

With the weather as it is I'm going to be a little late I'm assuming can someone sign me up for touring mod. Thank you.

Mihai
Old 02-24-2018, 04:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lukyduckie View Post
With the weather as it is I'm going to be a little late I'm assuming can someone sign me up for touring mod. Thank you.

Mihai
No problem Mihai.
Just get there safe. See you soon.
Old 02-25-2018, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Videos uploaded for Feb 24: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...5wiDeOykVCDEHZ

You're welcome, Ethan
Old 02-25-2018, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for uploading these videos I enjoy watching them.
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default Feb 24th Club Race

Hello everyone. Yesterday was a snowy conditions to start off the day. It's great to see our regulars and die hard that had tough the slippery cold conditions to come race and have fun with us.

It was a record breaking for sspec and stock touring class having full 10 cars in the B main. It was quite a race with SSPEC. Not sure the video loaded from JT will show. I'll leave the write up to v-point.
Now, I'll attach the results for your enjoyment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default con't

Here's some more results.
Attached Files
Old 03-11-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Only 4 more race days left in the 2017/18 Season...
Next one this coming Satuday March 17th... St Pattys Day... Bring your Shamrock shake.. see if you can take home the win...
Sometimes its better to be Lucky than good.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default Earth-Shattering Points News !!

Round 8 is long past history and I can just imagine you've all been sitting at your computers wondering why it's taken me so long to get the points up, especially at this crucial time in the season . Truth is, I've been distracted the past few days -- I've been combing the TV channels trying to figure out which station was carrying the World Origami Championships. I've finally just now realized that they can only been seen on paper view.

61 entries posted in Round 8, tying our seasons best so far of Feb 3rd. Nice to see! And the more entries we get, the tighter the class races get. Just consider:

1/12th stock -- Strong qualifying runs and TQ combined with the Mains win netted Logan a perfect 13 points. JT, who forfeited oh so many points by not making ANY qualifying heats , nevertheless pulled it all together and claimed 2nd place in the mains. Kyle put in a strong run for 3rd. Which means that the Ed and Eddie show must continue into Round 10 to see if that single point separating 1st and 2nd will e x p a n d, hold, or collapse.

In Euro-Truck: Grit, determination, and ever-increasing familiarity with Big Rigs gave Lee Buckley a third place finish on the Euro-Truck track. While Stephen Yoshida TQ'd, he had to settle for a 2nd place finish against winner and master of " don't take this class too seriously " JT. Good job, though, Stephen - at least JT didn't increase his points lead against you.

F1: A field of seven F1 cars took to the track in the Mains to see what they could see. But all that they could see, yes, all that they could see, was the rear wheels of Bak Choi leading them on. Starting in last place due to difficulties in the qualifying rounds, it took him only four laps to assume the lead, and I don't believe he ever looked back. However, the real story of the day is between Chris Lim and Ed Mardones -- each has 52 points. Each wants more. Each can get more. Will the next round be THE round?

Touring Stock. What can we say about Touring Stock? Well, we can say that two driver's opted to prep for the next weeks WCICS race by setting up their cars to run on WCICS spec tires. We can also say that one of those driver's TQ'd! Alas, the TQ was cancelled out by the DQ for not running OGR's spec tires . Setting aside all of that, though, Eddie Dinter still leads the pack with 80 points, but Ethan, Tiny and Alex M. are not far away, and throw-outs are going to make up the difference in a hurry.

Touring Mod: Logan collects another 13 points for TQ and 1st place in the Main. That puts him within striking distance of points leader JT who couldn't hold off 2nd-place finisher Keith Yu beyond 4 laps, but nevertheless still finished in 3rd, two laps or more on the rest of the 7-car field. I wouldn't hand out the prizes just yet, but the points spread on this one suggests betting against any major upsets. But maybe...

BBSS: Now then, wasn't Big Block Scale Spec one for Ripley's Believe It or Not? Who would've thought that a giant black hole would open up and swallow half the field? Luckily most of the cars were able to come back to the track for the make-up race, but I feel badly for the couple that could not. I guess you could say "that's racing", but it's definitely not "normal racing". Nevertheless, Alex Mardones' 3rd place finish leapfrogs him into the points series leader's position while Jason Lee drops to 2nd. Tiny's 13-point day brings him ever-so-much-closer to contention and I predict that Round 10 will put him onto the series podium - at least, it will, if I haven't jinxed him by drawing attention to the fact.

In conclusion, that's how it all went down oh so long ago in what future history books will refer to as Round 8, 2018. With Round 9 being cancelled due to the WCICS race last March 3rd, we'll continue to battle it out in Round 10 this weekend. Friends, fun, maybe some bragging rights, and a chance to collect more of those very important points. What more could you want? It all starts Saturday with the doors opening up at 6:00am. We'll be a bit short-handed as some of the crew are travelling, so any help you guys can give for setup is greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to post the link to the points: 50% chance this link will suck you into a black hole. Or the World Origami Championships. Don't know which is worse.
eevul likes this.

Last edited by V-point; 03-13-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service