Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017 >

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar Race November 17-19 2017

Like Tree8Likes

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar Race November 17-19 2017

Old 11-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ATS Round 1 Race Report (Part 2 of 2)

RACE #6: In the Scale Spec D Main, DQ King John would run a very clean race and lead from start to finish for the win. Steven Camphaug would do his best the entire race to try to catch King John but to no avail and finished 2nd. The battle was on as Kali Radom made a valiant effort and worked hard the entire race to catch and pass Richard Fortier for 3rd and 4th respectively. The next 3 position were a fierce and fun battle to watch between the young kids. 9 year old RJ Korolak would finish ahead of 7 year old Deagan Sakaluk who would finish ahead of 7 year old Zander Roy. These kids had so much fun and you could see it in their faces at the end of the race. Great Job! Gillian Roy unfortunately had mechanical issues and did not start but cheered her son Zander on.

RACE #7: In the Scale Spec C Main, CQ Raz “madaz” Minutoli kept it clean and fast to dominate the C Main and win in convincing fashion. Will also ran well and stayed out of trouble to fiish 2nd. A great 3 way battle for 3rd with mostly a few corners separating them the whole race Gordon “Slow is Fast” Tomazic would finish 3rd ahead of John “King” Kwong who finish slightly ahead of Jon Werkman. Another 3 way battle would see Alnoor Pardhan finish 6th ahead of Dave Troyer whom beat Marc Aucoin.

RACE #8: In the Scale Spec B Main, BQ Trevor Cleall would win in convincing fashion and lead from start to finish. Ron Korolak would make a valiant effort but would finish relatively clean for 2nd The battle for 3rd was close as the next 6 racers would finish within a lap of each other with Rob McQuarrie making it out on top for 3rd, follow by Danny Parker, Ivan Chan, Kevin Charleton, Benny Tse and Tim Bulb. A really close race from start to finish.

RACE #9: In the Scale Spec A Main, TQ Dwayne “The Mad Scientist” Flodell would dominate from start to finish for the win. Sammy Lee made it respectable to finish a lap back in 2nd. The battle was on for 3rd and Walter Slany and Matt Wilfort put on a show but in the end Walter would prevail in 3rd, followed by Matt in 4th. Cal “Stuff pops off but this car never breaks” Freeman would hold off a hard charging Dennis Beck for 5th. A little bit of a rougher time for Pat O’Rourke and Jeff “No more antenna radio” Rolls who would finish 7th and 8th respectively.

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017-usgtamain.jpg

RACE #10: In the F1 B Main, BQ Sammy Lee would have a bad start in the beginning but recover near the end to pass Blaine “One Lap” Everingham in the closing laps to win it. Blaine choked his way into 2nd. Jeff Fisher ran a relatively quiet race to finish 3rd, followed by Mike Sakaluk in 4ths and Jon Werkman.

RACE #11: In the F1 A Main, TQ Cal “Mr. HWTD” Freeman had a great battle with Steve Wiens and held him off a few corners from the finish line for 1st and 2nd. Same goes for the battle between 3rd with Walter “Mini King” Slany and Ivan Chan but experience and calm nerves would allow Walter to hold on to 3rd a few car lengths ahead of Ivan. Dennis “I forgot to sauce my tires” Beck would have a clean but slower run to end up 5th ‘.

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017-f1amain.jpg

RACE #12: In the 12th Scale Modified A Main, it was a great 3 way battle in the fastest class between TQ Tommy “Speed” Tam, Matt Wilfort and Ivan Chan with multiple lead changes throughout the race. In the end with all three finishing on the same lap, Ivan would prevail over Tommy whom in turn beat out Matt to the line. Rob “I wanna run 12th mod” McQuarrie coming in 4th with a consistent 13.5 turn motor like performance and Ken Miller breaking his car mid race to finish 5th. Jim Chapman unfortunately had mechanical issues like getting his car hit full speed in the 4th round so did not start. Fun race to be in!

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017-12thmodamain.jpg

RACE #13: In the TC Stock E Main, Richard Fortier drove pretty much a clean run and slowly worked his way from 3rd on the grid to the win. It was a great battle between Stevne Camphaug and King John for more than half of the race with Steven beating the King to the line by a few corners. Dave “My mechanic forgot my transponder” Troyer finished 4th. EQ Gordon “Slow is Fast” Tomazic had a rough one having to pull off early due to mechanical to finish 5th.

RACE #14: In the TC Stock D Main, Danny Parker had a real good start and moved up one position to first and would hold on for the win. Marc “I have patience” Aucoin had nothing to lose and drove relatively consistent to move up from the rear to 2nd. A back and forth battle for 3rd had Jeff Fisher beating DQ Will Irvine to the line for 3rd and 4th respectively. Jon Werkman had early mechanical issues but got them resolved and back on the track to finish 5th.

RACE #15: In the TC Stock C Main, an incident very early on with CQ Ken Miller allowed Chris Corey to pull thru and he would hold on for the win. Ken tried his best to work thru the field and he was only a corner behind at the end for second with Ron Korolak and Pat O’Rourke close in tow for 3rd and 4th. Raz “madaz” Minutoli finished his race off the track but in 5th. A lap back we had Matt Green in 6th followed by Ian “Who Can” Buchan in 7th and James “I think I hit every corner” Ryan in 8th.

RACE #16: In the TC Stock B Main, it was a great clean start and BQ Steve Wiens made the most of his starting position to lead from start to finish. It was a great early battle for second between 3 racers with Trevor Cleall getting by early from 4th and made a valiant charge to almost catch Steve at the end. Carter “Dad why isn’t my car faster?” Herasymiuk had really only one bobble but it was enough and he finished 3rd. Blaine “I’m too cool” Everingham with a new car new tires new motor was new body drove okay for 4th. Another 3 way battle for 5th had John “King” Kwong beat Jeff Rolls by a few corners who beat Kevin Carleton by a few corners. Timbulb had a rough one to finish 8th.

RACE #17: In the TC Stock A Main, TQ Dwayne Flodell got off to a great start and held the lead from start to finish for the win. Jim Chapman suffered an early bobble that put him mid-pack but he would work his way back to the front to finish 2nd. Cal “It’s the driver not the car” Freeman got thru the early mayhem and leisurely drove his way to 3rd. Super close battle for 4th where the next 4 finishing positions were less than 3 seconds apart had Bryce “Young Gun” Selzler finish in front of Dennis Beck, followed by Ivan Chan and Sammy Lee. Walter Slany had a real promising early part of the race but everything fell apart mid race and he had to retire to finish 8th.

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017-tc-stock.jpeg

RACE #18: In the TC Mod B Main, it was a super tight battle for the lead but eventually Blaine “I’m so proud of this win” Everingham would not choke and hold on for the win. Jeff Rolls would try to catch Blaine but had to settle for 2nd. Mike Sakaluk just had to keep his car on the track and drove well for 3rd. BQ John Kwong had early promise but too many boards and a table leg would see the end to his race and finish 4th. Ron Korolak would also suffer a similar fate a few laps earlier and finish 5th. Dwayne Flodell qualified 2nd but did not start.

RACE #19: In the TC Mod A Main, an early incident between the top 3 racers would see Ivan Chan sneak thru to lead the race until the closing laps the top 3 racers would lead a charge that would see Jim Chapman pass Ivan for the win followed closely by Tommy Tam and Matt Wilfort. The top 4 positions were separated by less than 3 seconds. A fun battle for 5th would see Dennis Beck hold his position over Carter Herasymiuk. Benny Tse had a Sunday drive for 7th. And a super early mechanical issue for Kyle Brown would see his race end early for 8th.

Alberta Touring Series 2017-2018 Calgary Carcar  Race November 17-19 2017-tc-mod.jpeg

Until Mid April 2018 at the Edmonton leg of the ATS, where you can also win a chassis in each class (qualified by running in the same class at both events which were made possible by both Nascar and Carcar clubs)………………….See you all at the track!

Ivan
THEBIGBULL and irvinew like this.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

What are the dates for the Edmonton ats race?
tandman likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Don’t quote me on this, but it looks like April 13-15 at the Hanger. I am sure Pat will post up the race.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Stay tuned should have it posted in the next couple of days once I get everything sorted.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Looking forward to Edmonton ATS as always

Last edited by scubierex; 02-13-2018 at 06:41 PM.