cross border shipping

Old 02-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default cross border shipping

I've ordered from dollarhobbyz and never had any additional charges on delivery, and some places show brokerage/shipping to your door but anyone tried buying private from this site or others, and have any shipping issues? Charges for duty, broker or additional shipping from the border to your door?
Old 02-16-2017, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what site? are you asking about crossborder shipping like with a proxy address in the states?
Basically if your ordering from the states, and ups is the only shipping option you should use a crossborder shipping service as ups charges some high rates for duty if you happen to live away from the major citys and cannot clear the package yourself.
fedex is allot more reasonable with dutys and imports and they hand off to canada post as well. USPS is the best option if available, they are usually so much cheaper that even if you need to use a crossborder proxy it will endup cheaper than UPS or fedex usually .

just dont be that guy spending money out of country to save $5 on your $100 order lol
Old 02-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lol, for $5 I would by local, just trying to see if anyone has had issues with private sales for used rollers and parts. I use the drop off at the UPS currently but it's a PITA to cross and pick up sometimes. Looking to see if anyone has had issues buying from other enthusiasts and what charges they had when it crosses the border, duty, taxes, extra shipping.

I would expect duty/taxes on new item from Amain or horizon etc, as it's new items. But is there any extra fees for used items. Dollarhobbyz is a chop shop so technically they are second hand? I never have had any extra fees with them. Or they may have the extras built into there shipping.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Purchasing from the states is a huge risk, unless you're prepared to pay duty/brokerage fees, especially with UPS!

USPS is the best bet 99% of the time.