Like Tree1Likes

HobbyKing & Lipos

Old 01-18-2017, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Einsman
Turnigy lipos are rubbish.
Clearly you have not tried their graphene line. They are industry leading and don't drop off.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:58 PM
Tech Regular

Without quantification and qualification that statement has no substance.

Sean
Old 01-18-2017, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I've used them with a mixture of other brands over the years.
Rubbish is not an accurate description of their lipos, especially now the Ultimate and Graphene product lines.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with the batteries... I have a nano that i still use in my sc10, and I don't think there is a racer in town that doesn't have 1 or 2.
I was just miffed that when all was said and done I really didn't save much money, what can I say I am a cheap bugger at times.
My LHS has actually started doing orders from hobbyking for customers, it a monthly thing though, but saves you a bit on shipping and brokerage fees.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:29 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like you've never tested a turnigy graphene lipo vs other big name lipos.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:32 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Just ordered two more lipos from hobbyking on Sunday. Hobbyking had the package ready to ship monday, and fedex picked it up at 230pm tuesday. It was at my house at 3pm wednesday.
I'm picking up one of the new protek graphene hv lipos from my lhs tonight. Will be interesting to see how it performs with the 30A test.

Last edited by DBM; 01-19-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brokerage is often avoided when you order express from asia depot.

My experience with HK batteries has been very good.

The "Zippy" product line is great. $19 for 4000mah packs. 4 years old and they still have not puffed. I do notice that they drop off a little sooner than when they were new, but that can be expected from a 4 year old pack. These are now my work horses for my nitro starter boxes.

The "Ultimate" line was good. Nothing great, but good. Voltage dropped rather quickly, but the 6000 mah packs I had actually lasted 6000 mah. I have since paid these forward to another racer.

The round Nano-Tech packs for mini were fantastic. Nothing bad to say about these, other than they came with stupid connectors - easily removed and switched with deans.

The "Graphene" line up is on a whole other level of battery. I was offered to try running one by a fellow racer, and was impressed just by what I saw that day. Not only is the performance on par with higher end batteries, and the numbers great on a charger, but the packaging & presentation was top notch. Reminds me of when I opened up my first Xray kit and got that "Certificate" inside.